Hello-I'm new too!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Schoolrunmum, 3 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Schoolrunmum

Schoolrunmum New Member

Hello one and all,I'm new here too....quick run-down? I'm 47,husband retired early 18 months ago and consequently I've gained around 1.5 stones from all the extra cooking-he used to work abroad a lot so I didn't bother cooking a big meal just for me....
    Sooo, now I've some weight to lose, and it's taken my since Xmas to get my head into the right place to do it. Hubby was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on 1st April,so that gave me the impetus to start.I am a member of a gym,so have started running 5kms,3 times a week,(I am doing race for life in July too!).We have a cross trainer at home so I do 30mins twice a week,and I also do a general keep fit class for 1 hr once a week. Should be enough to make a difference????
    I have so far lost around 6lbs since beginning of April,and am targeting late July to be around 11stone-hope that's realistic!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrsmayblossom

mrsmayblossom Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    Hi Schoolrunmum
    I started this week too. Its a great idea to do something like race for life because it gives you a target. you are doing loads of exercise which should really help. The people on this forum are really friendly and helpful so I'm sure if you've got any questions, someone on here is bound to know the answer!
    Good luck and let us know how you are getting on x

4. bevsy

bevsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(26.15%)
    Diet:
    calorie count
    Good luck to both of you on your weight loss journey. :0)

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with the pounds.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.