Hello-I'm new too!!

Schoolrunmum

Hello one and all,I'm new here too....quick run-down? I'm 47,husband retired early 18 months ago and consequently I've gained around 1.5 stones from all the extra cooking-he used to work abroad a lot so I didn't bother cooking a big meal just for me....
Sooo, now I've some weight to lose, and it's taken my since Xmas to get my head into the right place to do it. Hubby was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on 1st April,so that gave me the impetus to start.I am a member of a gym,so have started running 5kms,3 times a week,(I am doing race for life in July too!).We have a cross trainer at home so I do 30mins twice a week,and I also do a general keep fit class for 1 hr once a week. Should be enough to make a difference????
I have so far lost around 6lbs since beginning of April,and am targeting late July to be around 11stone-hope that's realistic!

Hi Schoolrunmum
I started this week too. Its a great idea to do something like race for life because it gives you a target. you are doing loads of exercise which should really help. The people on this forum are really friendly and helpful so I'm sure if you've got any questions, someone on here is bound to know the answer!
Good luck and let us know how you are getting on x

Good luck to both of you on your weight loss journey. :0)

Back