Hello! Is this where everyone is these days?!

Oooooooh Mandana,
great to see you over here :D

9lbs in 2 days is brilliant, doesn't matter if it's water - 9lbs is 9lbs!!:p

Take a couple of painkillers for that headache. Keep going, ketosis is just around the corner hun:)

Wow Mandana - that dress is fabulous!! No wonder you wanna get back into it minus any lumps and bumps!!!

So, you've lost 9lbs - fantastic!! You are well on track for your October deadline!!

Can i ask, did you have any surgery after your amazing weight loss?

Hey thanks everyone .. stunning my arse! That was a good day, t'was all! I've gone all red now! :eek:

Geri, I've taken co-codomol for my head, but it's not shifting :( And feeling sick too :( I know it'll pass, but it's not great. Just hope I don't fail at the first hurdle which will be my SIL coming down on Thursday. She is bringing a friend with her (who I've not yet met) and we're going to see Robbie on Friday, so I'll have company from Thursday night until Saturday. SIL loves her drink, so I hope I don't get tempted too. And she wants to go out for a meal after her long journey. I know I can do it, I've done it before (many times!), but, as Diva said in her 2nd, 3rd, 4th times post, the original feelings aren't there. Will just need to keep the picture of my dress in mind!! I really do want to wear it again - if nothing else, it was something I would never have dreamt of wearing when I was bigger, and I did feel good in it!

Karen, yes, I did have surgery - a breast reduction. Not that you'd know it now!! Buggers have grown again :rolleyes:

I had the surgery last November, and been plagued with problems ever since. My body rejected the internal stitches and instead of dissolving them, I grew cysts around them which kept erupting and caused loads of pain. I had surgery last month to remove 5 of them, and thankfully, this past couple of weeks the pain in my left nipple has eased. Hurrah! :D

I'm just about to have my first pack of the day. Hopefully it'll settle my stomach (have just been a bit sick) :( , and help get rid of this bad head.

But bonus .. as I've said I've lost 9 lbs! AND I'm now in ketosis!

Suppose a good idea would be to take a picture of me in the dress now and see the progress! Shame there isn't anyone around who can take the pic!

Mandana x

Mandana,

Ouch re the surgery!! I've been considering tummy tuck and breast lift but stories like that really put me off - i'm not that bothered by my body, those areas are just a bit wrinkly!! Dressed i look fine but undressed is another story and i am starting to get obsessed with other girls flat tummy's!!!

Yay you're in ketosis already, that's brill ! All should get better from now on in....

Don't cheat when you sil and friend comes honey, it's not worth it - you don't have to eat or drink at all - it's so not worth it - think of the gorgeous dress!!!

:D Oh, Mandana it is soooo good to have you back! I'd forgotten how crazy you are!!! ;)

C'mon girlfriend....get that dress hanging up where you can see it daily, look in the mirror every day and as you stare into your own eyes imagine that you are wearing the dress again and how great you feel in it.....forget about what you don't currently like about yourself just use your imagination to get you back into that dress!

As Paul McKenna often says, the imagination is much stronger than any amount of willpower!!!! :) :)

Karen, don't let my tale put you off - it wasn't the surgeon's fault my body rejected the stitches - I'm prone to cysts anyway, so it was just unfortunate. I've got a great pair of knockers now - so very worth it in the end! And now I'm pain-free, even better! It's so nice to be able to take off my bra and not have to pick my boobs up off the floor!!

Would love to have a tummy-tuck and especially a leg/bum lift. I carry most of my weight round my legs and arse, and since losing I can pull my legs up like a pair of stockings. Like you, I'm ok dressed, but put me in swim-wear or shorts and it's a different matter.

If I manage to maintain my weight at a sensible level for a year, I might consider further surgery, but really I'm a bit scared! I don't like pain!!

Keep going hun - I read your post about your 15 lbs. Good for you attacking it so soon! Wish I'd done the same!

Mandana x

Didn't you have a picture of your goal trousers hanging up as inspiration?! (I might be wrong, but I thought I remembered reading that! ;) ) I think you did a wonderful job, and losing that 9 lbs in such a short space of time just reaffirms that you can do this!

Oh, forgot to say Diva that I watched half of Paul's last 'I can make you thin' this morning! It almost made me want to run up the stairs!

I did say almost ;)

LOL Mandana!!! :D

I know I'm putting my head on the chopping board here BUT Paul McKenna's system does work wonders but you have to be in the right place to give it a go, much like anything else really. I have learned the hard way that you have to embrace it 100% for it to be fully effective - there are no half measures I'm afraid! :) I tried doing it with SS and with other healthy eating programmes and it just doesn't work because of the conflicts. Having said that though, it is fantastic for getting your mind in gear for maintenance!

Ok, finding it hard now. CB is telling me to eat. Stomach is telling me to eat. Mouth tastes yuk, and I WANT to eat too :(

Another thing .. all my LL packs are gone, which means I'm on CD now. And that's 3 packs a day instead of 4! I was struggling on 4, how the feck will I manage on 3??

And still the head bangs too.

Woe is me :eek:

Mandana x

Split your packs! I always did anyway :cool: Had 6 half packs a day.

You could also have 4 packs instead of 3 to help you back into ketosis.

I've split my packs Karion - only got 1/2 a banana one left for today.

Tomorrow morning I'll be seeing my new CDC, so will stock up again. I think I'll have more soups as I find them quite satisfying.

Finding the headache and lethargy awful :(

Off to an appointment now .. God knows how I'll get through it with this thumper.

Oh, quick question for you all .. as I'm going to see my new CDC, would you think it best I told her my history (LL etc), or start afresh?

Mandana x

Personally think I'd tell her your history, or at least that you're in ketosis, otherwise you won't get those yummy bars! :p

Yeah of course tell her your history, you've done brilliantly.

Well babe you knew it was gonna be tough and you also now that very soon it'll be the easiest diet in the world again so hang on in there, keep your eyes on the prize!!!

Thanks guys .. I thought you'd say tell her. Does make sense, doesn't it!

Head is a bit better now thankfully - maybe it's because I've just had a session with my own counsellor. Needed to get a few things off my chest (family issues), and not only has he helped with that, he's made a very good suggestion tonight. Nothing weight related, but ultimately, if I'm happier, that might fall into place. Will put it into practise next time the occasion rears it's head .. fingers crossed!

Hubby is out late tonight at a work dinner, so I'm home alone. Glad I went out though as it's cut the evening in 2. I think I'm going to do some paperwork sorting, then sit down with my last 1/2 pack. Might even have an early night.

Thanks for all your support - it's spurring me on :)

Mandana x

Back