Hello new weight loss blog :D

Hi guys. Thanks! Am having a great week off work. Having lots of fun. Went to whitby to see a friend and low and behold she'd invited Abi over as a surprise. I was in total shock when she just appeared! Yay though was the best birthday surprise ever. Back at home now and having some nice days out. Hope all is well with you guys. I'll be back properly in a week :)

hey you. so glad you had a good birthday. was fab to see you :D i'm going food shopping tomorrow to attempt to undo some of the damage done over the weekend (and the rest of the year) and start to get thinner before denmark or i'm going to be another stone heavier before i get there!!

abz xx

A late "Happy Birthday" to you x

Thanks guys :) I did enjoy my birthday a lot. Was great having a week off and then seeing lovely people on my birthday :) yay. I felt very special and spoilt :D

Well I have started to do the whole calorie counting thing. I am getting fed up of being so fat now. So am trying. I've changed my travel pass to work so i now have a 10 minute walk each morning which is better than no exercise at all! plus it saves me money. We're cutting down on the wine and just sticking to one night a week drinking. And i've been making healthy eating choices, I even managed to keep it up when we went out for food :) i went for the healthy options while jamie had the chips and garlic bread. So wooo, i feel better knowing i am starting back with being healthy.

So fingers crossed my waist line will start going down soon. I feel so out of breath walking up stairs too so would be nice to see a difference there. Although I am impatient! it's only been 4 days i've been eating better, i want results now! hee.

Well, i hope everyone had a nice weekend? and is having a nice monday morning.

Hiya Bon, glad you had a good birthday. I know what you mean about wanting to see the results of your healthy eating now, I'm the same!!

Yay to the bit of walking every day, all the small changes will add up xx

I'm good at healthy eating too Bon - but it's the things I have besides that does the damage :eek: x

Hello, good afternoon.

Well I am doing really well with my healthy eating :) am pleased with myself. Well i've had a couple of chocolate bars this week but i've allowed for the calories by having salads with falafel and olives for dinner and stuff like that. So i am pleased with myself.

This might be too much information but i've had a horrible tummy lately, as in pains in my stomach and intestines and then having to run to the toilet quick. It's lasted since last week now. I don't know what is going on but I am pleased i am eating better as i know that'll help and I've started to keep a food diary and record when the pains are and things so if it's not better next week i'll go see the doctor. I am also going to try some live yoghurt. So i hope this gets sorted as i havent been to the toilet normally in ages :(

So anyway. Other news is that i have a disiplinary at work on Monday. Sigh. I have to have a meeting with the bosses and explain why i didn't come in on the bank holiday. I have a list as long as my arm though of what i want to say. There are lots of things i want to bring up so i am going to use it as a good reason to chat to the big boss and tell her exactly how unhappy and miserable i am with this place and why. I'll see what she says back. I am not that worried about it as i know that at the end of the day the worst they can do is sack me and that wouldnt be a problem. So we'll see.

I know i can't stay here much longer though. I say this every b***y day i am here though :( But it's just getting so hard and i am sick of not feeling like myself anymore. I miss the happy me who didnt care about such stupid things like jobs.

Its just a bit of a big, life changing kinda decision to just quit. But i think facing up to it is the way i have to do it. I need to set a date and leave by then regardless.

Anyway. It's the weekend for me soon, so that's good. Gonna spend tomorrow applying for jobs and also i wanna go to the Citizens Advice as i want advice on this new contract they're bringing in at work that i dont want to sign as i dont want to work weekends. So i need advice on that and what to do. So it shall be a productive day tomorrow. And then a relaxing weekend.

My work friend has just got back from traveling around India for 5 months. I was just talking to her this afternoon and it was so amazing hearing her stories. I get so bogged down focusing on work and it's stupid, life is so amazing with so much to do and see! So i am itching for new things now!

Well i hope everyone is ok? I shall check diaries in a minute.

Take care people :)

Hi Bon, sorry to hear work is not good at the moment, I really hope you find something soon. Yay to the healthy eating. Could your body just be adjusting to the different food and that's why your tummy is playing up?

Hope you get everything sorted tomorrow that you want to get sorted. Enjoy your weekend xx

hey bon. so glad that you had a fab birthday. congrats on starting up with the calorie counting again. you've always done so well at it :)

as for leaving jobs, well my mum handed in her notice on the spur of the moment and had so much holiday to take that she left a day and a half later and came to visit us on izzy's birthday :D ha. so now she's looking for somewhere to live in england and about to put her house up on the market and is looking for a job as she is rather suddenly umemployed. it was a bit drastic but it was the only way she was ever going to get back here. so there we go :D

good luck with the disciplinary. if you remain calm. say everything you have to say in a perfectly reasonable way without getting angry or sounding like you're whinging (and we know that it isn't whinging!!) then they should take what you have to say on board. it may not change much, but it may. you go for it :D

abz xx

Thanks guys, you're both so lovely.

Well i went to the citizens advice today and i got some great advice. It actually says in my contract that i am entitled to public holidays off. So there we go. It's that simple. I have a 4 a4 pages of notes to take in with me of everything i wanna talk about. Lots of print outs from official sites online regarding the law, and lots of emails from my manager printed out about my annual leave. So i am sorted. Am actually looking forward to this meeting and saying all this stuff as it's all stuff that's been getting me down for so long now. To be able to say it to the manager who is an absolute ***** will be soooo satisfying and great therapy! Thanks Abi, i realise i need to be calm and professional too. I am just worried about crying, pressure makes me weepy :S ha. But lots of deep breaths and i have it all written down so can read it all out if i that's the only way my nerves will manage!

So yeah. If the worst comes to the worst then they'll dismiss me. But we can manage financially and it'll mean i have more time to job hunt and do forms as at the moment its hard working and then trying to fit in doing forms to a high standard :S

Annnnyway. Am doing awesome with my eating too! am really thinking about it. I even gave jamie more food than me last night as he was really hungry and i wasnt. Normally i'd just eat the same and not think about how much i needed. Just been to the market too and got some cherries and grapes and i am eating them now! i am so proud of me as i was really craving chocolate and sweet things. So i told myself that fruit is sweet so eat that and shut up :D hee.

My tummy's still unsettled. Might be from the shock of the change of diet nomad. Thanks for that. Hopefully it'll settle soon.

Woah Abi! I am soooo proud of your mum for just going for it :D woo. Go her. That is a lot to do at once but the result of being nearer you will be worth it :) aw. Am chuffed.

Well i shall get on with some job forms now. Hope you guys have a great weekend. Thanks for your support :)

I hope all went well Bon and you got all your points across. It pays to be clued up at these times - it also gives you the confidence to state your case if you have the back up. My back up was always my union rep who was clued up for me x

Good morning. How is everyone?
Well i am good :) Not doing as well with my eating, but not as bad as normal, so at least it's an improvement. Am enjoying the extra working to the bus stop too. Also the lift to our flats were out of order on Sunday so i had to walk up 6 flights of stairs twice. Was knackered and i thought that would be a good thing to do more regularly when i get home. Unless i have shopping. So i am gonna start doing that to get more free exercise :)
Well work's still rubbish. Lots of meetings and lots of fighting my case. Am doing good though. I took Monday and Tuesday off too to apply for more jobs, so fingers crossed.
Hope everyone's ok, i'll check diaries in a mo :)
Have a good day!

Morning Bon - I hope you've got representation at work x

Hi gemstone. See I am wondering about that, as we dont have a trade union here at work, and i thought about paying for one but i thought it would be expensive. I went to the Newcastle Law Centre, ACAS and Citizens Advice though for legal advice and they've been helpful so i've quoted them. But it is all legal jargon really. Not sure i can win my argument about not having to work bank holidays but at least i have it in writing all my concerns and annoyances about it.

A union isn't that expensive and they can be valuable when you need them x

Hi everyone, how are you?
Sorry not been around much. We've been banned from using social networking sites at work, even on our break times :( and i dont get on the pc much at home. Am starting to now though. Am on men laptop applying for a job for Beamish the open air museum at the moment, would so love to work there!

Well, things are ok with me. Work is getting worse, but am not gonna go on about that!

We have the annual Eat Festival coming up in Newcastle over the next 3 weeks. So lots of events booked for that which will involve interesting food :) yum. Starting with a live recording of a Radio 4 cookery show on Thursday, and then Sunday we're going to the park where there will be a huge map of britain with landmarks all made from cakes! and then we get to eat them after once they've been judged. Loved it last year.

So yeah, the diet's not going so well. Been getting more exercise though so that's good. Am feeling better for that.

Well I'd best get back to this application form.

Hope youre all keeping dry in this terrible, stormy weather. Take care :)

Back