Help!: Bodyfat?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lostris, 26 December 2008 Social URL.

1. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers
    Okay, so I am a bit (very!) worried. I have lost a lot of weight (73,6 lbs) but on my counsellors (high tec pro expensive) scale my body fat % is 37% !!!!!

How the heck can I lose so much weight and hardly lose any body fat? I sure wasn't like 100% bodyfat before. If I remember correctly I was around 40-45 somewhere (her scales too)?

I am quite worried, my current calculated goal was 67kg which would / should be a healthy weight for me. (BMI 22.6)

Do I seriously have to become semi-annorexic to get a healthy body fat percentage?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Slimming World
    I would guess that a lot of the weight that you've lost is water-weight in addition to muscle. Those scales aren't an exact science so don't worry too much about it - unless you're going to invest in a full body scan to establish exactly how much of your body is fat! Whilst there have been recent stories about people with 'hidden fat', if you're at a healthy weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle then that's what counts.

Well done on losing so much weight too!
  4. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    If you really want to achieve a body fat percentage that is in the low twenties then you would have to look into weight training and probably go into a high protein diet with complex carbs and lots of daily weight training exercises. It is near impossible to have a low body fat percentage without weight training.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.