Help, its not the food its the drink!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by srhmart, 10 July 2009 Social URL.

1. srhmart

srhmart New Member

Hi Guys

I am doing well at SW and am steady away with weight loss, however, I use all my syns on red wine! I like a glass when I am cooking dinner, and then a glass when I eat my dinner. That is 10 syns! There is no room for any more. I am worried that I will get board to the programme because I am not able to have any syns to jazz things up! Anyone else in this predicament, and how do you deal with it?:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I changed my drink, I used to drink Boddingtons and nothing else would do. I tried a few things until I found something else I liked. I now drink Bourbon and diet coke, I put a double in a pint glass and fill it up with diet coke so it lasts a lot longer.

I only drink at weekends now too so save my syns up for that.

4. srhmart

srhmart New Member

:)I guess I could swap to Gin and tonic! Not very good on pub measures though!!!

5. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Buy a bar optic, you can get single ones or ones with 4 on. We have one with 6 on but it's started to get old now and needs replacing. (I think we've worn it out) :p

6. *Sally Cinnamon*

*Sally Cinnamon* Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.06%)
    The Schweppes tonic & other mixers come with a plastic lid that has a pub measure on it (think of a night nurse cap and you will get my drift).... handy to have in the house, if like me you have a shakey hand when pouring gin.

drink is my downfall too.. I use all my syns on drink, mainly G&T or Bacardi & diet coke

xx

7. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I use most of my syns on wine, however I made the decision not to drink from sunday till friday night, and I must say it's made me feel alot better without it. It was a habit, and it had to change. It's all about choice, we have to change or we'll just end up back at square one again.

1 person likes this.
  8. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I use most of my syns on alcohol too!
    I do like wine a lot but that is pretty high, so I mainly drink brandy with diet coke.
    I can have six for 15 syns so that is great!

I bought a tot measure from Tesco and use that as my tots tend to be a bit heavy!

I did have more than 15 yesterday as I had lunch with a special friend. Food was ok but I had two large glasses of wine and then had my usual brandy in the evening!
    I'll call it my flexi syn day!

9. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    I'm the same and really struggle with it too. I've even swopped to gin and slimline tonic, but I stll go over, every week.

10. CornishPisky

CornishPisky Full Member

I have seen somewhere that Blossom Hill Rose is only 10 syns for the whole bottle! Apparently if the alcohol percentage is 10% or less per bottle its 10 syns the lot. Or you could do what I do, brew your own wine! I use a grape kit, its an absolute doddle & the one I do works out at about 85p a bottle. You can adjust the alcohol volume by using more water in the mix & trust me it doesnt taste like something you'd clean the drains with. Works for me!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.