• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Help, its not the food its the drink!!!!

Hi Guys

I am doing well at SW and am steady away with weight loss, however, I use all my syns on red wine! I like a glass when I am cooking dinner, and then a glass when I eat my dinner. That is 10 syns! There is no room for any more. I am worried that I will get board to the programme because I am not able to have any syns to jazz things up! Anyone else in this predicament, and how do you deal with it?:sigh:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I changed my drink, I used to drink Boddingtons and nothing else would do. I tried a few things until I found something else I liked. I now drink Bourbon and diet coke, I put a double in a pint glass and fill it up with diet coke so it lasts a lot longer.

I only drink at weekends now too so save my syns up for that.

The Schweppes tonic & other mixers come with a plastic lid that has a pub measure on it (think of a night nurse cap and you will get my drift).... handy to have in the house, if like me you have a shakey hand when pouring gin.

drink is my downfall too.. I use all my syns on drink, mainly G&T or Bacardi & diet coke

xx

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
I use most of my syns on wine, however I made the decision not to drink from sunday till friday night, and I must say it's made me feel alot better without it. It was a habit, and it had to change. It's all about choice, we have to change or we'll just end up back at square one again.

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
I use most of my syns on alcohol too!
I do like wine a lot but that is pretty high, so I mainly drink brandy with diet coke.
I can have six for 15 syns so that is great!

I bought a tot measure from Tesco and use that as my tots tend to be a bit heavy!

I did have more than 15 yesterday as I had lunch with a special friend. Food was ok but I had two large glasses of wine and then had my usual brandy in the evening!
I'll call it my flexi syn day!

I have seen somewhere that Blossom Hill Rose is only 10 syns for the whole bottle! Apparently if the alcohol percentage is 10% or less per bottle its 10 syns the lot. Or you could do what I do, brew your own wine! I use a grape kit, its an absolute doddle & the one I do works out at about 85p a bottle. You can adjust the alcohol volume by using more water in the mix & trust me it doesnt taste like something you'd clean the drains with. Works for me!