Help, its not the food its the drink!!!!

srhmart

Hi Guys

I am doing well at SW and am steady away with weight loss, however, I use all my syns on red wine! I like a glass when I am cooking dinner, and then a glass when I eat my dinner. That is 10 syns! There is no room for any more. I am worried that I will get board to the programme because I am not able to have any syns to jazz things up! Anyone else in this predicament, and how do you deal with it?:sigh:

I changed my drink, I used to drink Boddingtons and nothing else would do. I tried a few things until I found something else I liked. I now drink Bourbon and diet coke, I put a double in a pint glass and fill it up with diet coke so it lasts a lot longer.

I only drink at weekends now too so save my syns up for that.

The Schweppes tonic & other mixers come with a plastic lid that has a pub measure on it (think of a night nurse cap and you will get my drift).... handy to have in the house, if like me you have a shakey hand when pouring gin.

drink is my downfall too.. I use all my syns on drink, mainly G&T or Bacardi & diet coke

xx

I use most of my syns on wine, however I made the decision not to drink from sunday till friday night, and I must say it's made me feel alot better without it. It was a habit, and it had to change. It's all about choice, we have to change or we'll just end up back at square one again.

I use most of my syns on alcohol too!
I do like wine a lot but that is pretty high, so I mainly drink brandy with diet coke.
I can have six for 15 syns so that is great!

I bought a tot measure from Tesco and use that as my tots tend to be a bit heavy!

I did have more than 15 yesterday as I had lunch with a special friend. Food was ok but I had two large glasses of wine and then had my usual brandy in the evening!
I'll call it my flexi syn day!

I'm the same and really struggle with it too. I've even swopped to gin and slimline tonic, but I stll go over, every week.

I have seen somewhere that Blossom Hill Rose is only 10 syns for the whole bottle! Apparently if the alcohol percentage is 10% or less per bottle its 10 syns the lot. Or you could do what I do, brew your own wine! I use a grape kit, its an absolute doddle & the one I do works out at about 85p a bottle. You can adjust the alcohol volume by using more water in the mix & trust me it doesnt taste like something you'd clean the drains with. Works for me!

Back