Help - i've hit a plateau!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Crazybecky5, 5 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Crazybecky5

Crazybecky5 Green tea advocate!!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Low Carb
    This is probably the first of many plateau's throughout my weight loss journey (and with the amount i have to loose!) i'm bang on 17st at the moment and i'm finding it so difficult to move into the 16's! :sigh: I found this previously when moving down 'another level' and it took me a good couple of weeks to do it.

I really need some good tips on how i can kickstart things again - any suggestions? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Ack, it's annoying isn't it. You could try changing what you eat, or when you eat it and see if that helps. A little jiggle can work. Or you can just hang in there, knowing that it will have a little jump shortly.

Some people use the [STRIKE]wendie plan[/STRIKE] when this happens (google), if they are doing WW but Starlight will go nuts if I suggest it, so I'll cross it off :D

BTW, it looks like you are doing WW from your side bar. Did you want this message here, or would you like to have it moved to the WW forum. Fine either way, but give me a shout if you want it moved.

4. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    If you're doing WW, talk to your consultant about it. It's their job to help you out in these situations :)

5. Crazybecky5

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Low Carb
    Oooh i will have to look at the plan, which you haven't mentioned...lol
    I posted in here because i wanted to see what everyone's reaction is to hitting a dreaded plateau, just to see if i could get some ideas from anyone on any diet.

You're right Crazybrit i should speak to her, i always feel bad when i try and talk to her because she has a massive Q of ppl to weigh and everyone stands there tutting and shaking thier heads! (btw...our Weight Watchers meeting is more like a trip to a Geriatric clinic! hehe!)

Thanks both x

6. soozsb

soozsb Xmas goal, here I come!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.93%)
    Diet:
    Reductil/Meridia and Xenical
    All of the above suggestions are great, especially talking to your consultant. Ask if you can speak to her after the meeting or on the phone.
    You could try dong a diff. diet for a week and see if that jump starts you weight loss. That always works for me. I am doing johnson's up day down day diet right now and it works. Why don't you go to that forum and see how it works. Good luck, I hope you find a way off your plateau.:)
    Crazybecky, the wendie plan sounds very m;uch like the johnson plan I am doing right now. It is working for me, maybe you should try the wendie plan. It make a lot of sense.

Last edited: 5 November 2009
  7. soozsb

soozsb Xmas goal, here I come!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.93%)
    Diet:
    Reductil/Meridia and Xenical
    KD, the wendie plan sounds very much like johnsons up day down day diet that I am doing right now. Very interesting.

8. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    Don't forget, you are your consultant's customer. You are paying her for a service. You have, therefore, as much right as anyone else to be stood in that queue and to ask her for her advice. Do as soozb suggests - ask her for some time after the main meeting and get her assistance with your plateau. If you don't talk to her she can't help you out :)

9. Crazybecky5

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Low Carb
    Ah thanks everyone! Sounds like a plan! Well, my WI is on a Wednesday so i will make sure i ask the questions this week!

I must get that 15lbs off for xmas!! :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.