Help - i've hit a plateau!

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
This is probably the first of many plateau's throughout my weight loss journey (and with the amount i have to loose!) i'm bang on 17st at the moment and i'm finding it so difficult to move into the 16's! :sigh: I found this previously when moving down 'another level' and it took me a good couple of weeks to do it.

I really need some good tips on how i can kickstart things again - any suggestions? x

Ack, it's annoying isn't it. You could try changing what you eat, or when you eat it and see if that helps. A little jiggle can work. Or you can just hang in there, knowing that it will have a little jump shortly.

Some people use the [STRIKE]wendie plan[/STRIKE] when this happens (google), if they are doing WW but Starlight will go nuts if I suggest it, so I'll cross it off :D

BTW, it looks like you are doing WW from your side bar. Did you want this message here, or would you like to have it moved to the WW forum. Fine either way, but give me a shout if you want it moved.

Oooh i will have to look at the plan, which you haven't mentioned...lol
I posted in here because i wanted to see what everyone's reaction is to hitting a dreaded plateau, just to see if i could get some ideas from anyone on any diet.

You're right Crazybrit i should speak to her, i always feel bad when i try and talk to her because she has a massive Q of ppl to weigh and everyone stands there tutting and shaking thier heads! (btw...our Weight Watchers meeting is more like a trip to a Geriatric clinic! hehe!)

Thanks both x

All of the above suggestions are great, especially talking to your consultant. Ask if you can speak to her after the meeting or on the phone.
You could try dong a diff. diet for a week and see if that jump starts you weight loss. That always works for me. I am doing johnson's up day down day diet right now and it works. Why don't you go to that forum and see how it works. Good luck, I hope you find a way off your plateau.:)
Crazybecky, the wendie plan sounds very m;uch like the johnson plan I am doing right now. It is working for me, maybe you should try the wendie plan. It make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Ack, it's annoying isn't it. You could try changing what you eat, or when you eat it and see if that helps. A little jiggle can work. Or you can just hang in there, knowing that it will have a little jump shortly.

Some people use the [STRIKE]wendie plan[/STRIKE] when this happens (google), if they are doing WW but Starlight will go nuts if I suggest it, so I'll cross it off :D

BTW, it looks like you are doing WW from your side bar. Did you want this message here, or would you like to have it moved to the WW forum. Fine either way, but give me a shout if you want it moved.
KD, the wendie plan sounds very much like johnsons up day down day diet that I am doing right now. Very interesting.

Don't forget, you are your consultant's customer. You are paying her for a service. You have, therefore, as much right as anyone else to be stood in that queue and to ask her for her advice. Do as soozb suggests - ask her for some time after the main meeting and get her assistance with your plateau. If you don't talk to her she can't help you out :)

Ah thanks everyone! Sounds like a plan! Well, my WI is on a Wednesday so i will make sure i ask the questions this week!

I must get that 15lbs off for xmas!! :) xx

Back