Extra Easy HELP nightshift worker

Donna1969

Hi I am starting back to Slimming World but i work nightshift. So basically I got up this morning at 8 o'clock and I wont get to bed until about 930 tomorrow morning!! Does anyone else on here work nights that would have any advice on what to eat at 1 and 4 in the morning instead of the horrible fat laden canteen food!!! Any advice would be greatfully received x

Whatever you would eat during a normal day :) be organised, plan your meals, and take them with you :)

I usually do but just feel really guilty because it seems like I am constantly eating for the whole 24 hrs. I usually take in rice or pasta dishes cause i know that will fill me up and then yoghurts and fruit. Hopefully if I stick to this I will be fine. Thanks for the reply x

I'm on nights tonight (1st shift after days off) so I'm taking a banana,yoghurt & an alpen bar for a quick sweet fix. Mugshots are good to take aswel.
Tomorrow night il take my tea with me to have having slept through 1 meal. 1st shift is always the hardest but is also when I've got the most willpower xx

I'm nightshift at the moment and my lovely colleague have brought in goodies, but pleased to say I've stuck with the plan and do far not been tempted. Roll on 7.45am lol x

I'm nightshift at the moment and my lovely colleague have brought in goodies, but pleased to say I've stuck with the plan and do far not been tempted. Roll on 7.45am lol x

Same here! My colleagues always bring in chocolate, biscuits and share bags of crisp and I've said no to them every night! Quite proud of myself for that :D I've been taking fruit to snack on but to be honest I've hardly felt hungry through the night so haven't really ate anything until I got home in the morning.

It's hard sometimes especially if it's quiet it quite easy just to nibble for the sake if it, but we've both done well for avoiding them x

I have the same problem both with the first night shift and the colleagues bringing the tasty tempting munches.

on the first shift I normally eat lightly throughout the day, then have a dinner before I leave for work. Then take a light lunch ( say noodles) and something simple for breakfast..

The hardest thing for me is the biscuits that live in the tin positioned directly behind my office chair. I have asked for it to be move but to no avail.

I do nights and when i started SW i thought this is never going to work but i seem to have it sussed.
Basically my days consist of sleeping and eating :) As i cant sleep all day after a shift i have a weird pattern.
I go to bed at 8AM usually get up at 12 or 1 which is when i normally eat a breakfast,say Bacon egg ect. I then go back to bed from 3 till 7 when i get up then i eat what would be my main meal. After ive trundled to work on the 2 am lunch break i eat my sandwich,fruit,yoghurt and as my syns my rice cakes.
when i get home in the morning before i go to bed i tend to eat fruit or maybe toast as more syns.
It works for me with steady weight loss and prob the fact that i only do 3 nights so i can get back into day routine for half a week

Ali :)

Back