HELP! On SS.. but really tempted to have a peice of chicken!

xSinead

Silver Member
HELP!!
i'm on day 5 of SS, doctor told me yesterday i have already lost half a stone.. today i feel really weak and i'm craving a small peice of chicken with a few lettuce leaves but i dont want to feel bad for eating it. What shall i do???

Do you feel like eating will open the floodgates? Or if you resist this are you likely to snap and eat something really unhelpful?

Two kinds of CDers - and they need the opposite advice!

Crazy - the problem is, some people need to abstain totally. For them, having a bit of chicken and salad is like passing a mental barrier and may trigger a binge, or increasingly frequent/less healthy deviations until the diet is lost. Not everyone's a happy SS+er.

Nope it won't make me binge, i just needed it to stop me feeling faint. I've had it now anyway :(

I guess if you have ate it then only you will know how you feel now. If you think your going to need food then SS isn't the plan for you and you may need to step up to SS+.
I know for me the fact I am not eating makes it easier for me but everyone is different and you have to do whats right for you. No point in beating yourself up about it as whats done is done x

its not like i ate a slice of pizza. i had the smallest chicken breast ever with a handful of lettuce. I WILL have a huge weight loss on friday and sole source IS the plan for me, i just felt faint 1 day out of 5 and i needed something.

Please don't take it to heart,
SS is no food ?
SS+ is a small meal which is in effect what you have had ?
If you feel you can get back on track with SS then I hope it works for you I was only offering impartial advice which you asked for and didn't mean anything by it.

SS does work for me and i know exactly what it means. I lost 4 stone on SS in 3 months before, i'm not proud of it but i didn't stick to it 100% then and i still had results. I'll ignore comments like yours and tomorrow i'll be fine. I'll have an amazing loss on friday and be so proud of myself.

SS does work for me and i know exactly what it means. I lost 4 stone on SS in 3 months before, i'm not proud of it but i didn't stick to it 100% then and i still had results. I'll ignore comments like yours and tomorrow i'll be fine. I'll have an amazing loss on friday and be so proud of myself.

I dont think there is any need for a tone like that ! You asked and I advised just as others have in your other post and you havent taken a tone with them ?
I think you have taken it way off mark I didnt say a thing out of turn so why would you chose to ignore my comments ? I have to say I think your being very touchy about it !
I havent said you wont have a good loss, I havent said anything wrong ?
Infact can you tell me what I have said to upset you ? Just so I dont offend anyone else as that is not why I am here but I am gobsmacked by your response back to me !

Last edited:
The problem with the Internet is that it's very hard to detect tone and misunderstandings occur which almost certainly wouldn't in a spoken conversation.

I'm glad you feel happy to eat when you need it, OP. Occasional SS+ days are a tried and tested way for lots of people to cope with the diet. I think perhaps your opening post could have been interpreted as being someone who was inexperienced with the diet and looking for help. From that point of view, the advice given was supportive and the follow up can be construed as being intended to help a new dieter decide whether SS+ might make them happier.

With the knowledge that you've lots if confidence and experience of the diet, I can see that you might have thought the advice was excessively cautious or perhaps patronising. Certainly from my part and as far as I can see, from other posters, it wasn't intended that way.

No harm done on either side, surely?

The problem with the Internet is that it's very hard to detect tone and misunderstandings occur which almost certainly wouldn't in a spoken conversation.

I'm glad you feel happy to eat when you need it, OP. Occasional SS+ days are a tried and tested way for lots of people to cope with the diet. I think perhaps your opening post could have been interpreted as being someone who was inexperienced with the diet and looking for help. From that point of view, the advice given was supportive and the follow up can be construed as being intended to help a new dieter decide whether SS+ might make them happier.

With the knowledge that you've lots if confidence and experience of the diet, I can see that you might have thought the advice was excessively cautious or perhaps patronising. Certainly from my part and as far as I can see, from other posters, it wasn't intended that way.

No harm done on either side, surely?

Someone who talks sense at last !

If you feel faint again switch to SS+. My weight loss wasn't much different from SS every week to be honest. The first time around (lost 6st 1lb in 18 weeks) I did ss for 9 weeks then ss+ for 9. I really enjoyed the little meal every evening. I felt faint in work on ss and moved to four products if just ssing as nearly 5ft 8. I am sure you will have a sucessful week. Good luck

Last edited:
fat_2_fabulous said:
Angel I agree with you! It was obvious you didn't mean it in a nasty tone!

Xx

Thank you, x x x

Back