Help please

I do try Cat but with being at work it's quite difficult x

instead of or as well as snacking on tomatoes why not try a handful alongside your meals at work as your sf or have cooked meats with cucumber sticks and homemade hummus or tatziki with a wholemeal pitta there are tons of ways of getting your superfree in xx stews and casseroles are good too or pasta salads

instead of or as well as snacking on tomatoes why not try a handful alongside your meals at work as your sf or have cooked meats with cucumber sticks and homemade hummus or tatziki with a wholemeal pitta there are tons of ways of getting your superfree in xx stews and casseroles are good too or pasta salads
Thanks for all your help on this, I suppose it just takes time to get your head round it all, I will keep plodding on :)

Can I ask what kind of job you do? There are plenty of us who work full time on here & manage to stick to SW, so maybe we can give you some advice on that?

Can I ask what kind of job you do? There are plenty of us who work full time on here & manage to stick to SW, so maybe we can give you some advice on that?
I work in a call centre, it's more about ideas really as we all pretty much have the same lunch and there is only one microwave. I don't mind preparing the night before or putting effort in x

monica1969 said:
I work in a call centre, it's more about ideas really as we all pretty much have the same lunch and there is only one microwave. I don't mind preparing the night before or putting effort in x

Fab! So, a few tips for you. I work in an office most of the time, but I also travel for work & can't guarantee access to a microwave.

My big tips are
Buy a food flask. That way you can heat up whatever you want in your own microwave & eat it whenever you want. I usually just eat leftovers as you don't have to make anything extra. Just cook more of what you eat the night before. If you don't eat stuff that you can do that with, then make big batches of veg soup, stews etc & portion them out. Put in the freezer & take one out the night before. Then just heat up.

Things I make are
Spicy chicken broth
Vegetable curry
Veg soup
Chilli
Chicken curry
Bolognese
Mixed bean chilli

My 2nd tip is
Use frozen veg. I use frozen cut up onions & peppers. I also use the lazy garlic & chilli. Life's too short for chopping stuff like that up

& finally
Get your slow cooker out! I will often chuck a couple of chicken breasts, some onion, garlic, peppers, passata, tinned tomatoes, & some herbs & spices into the slow cooker in the evening, cook overnight then just ladle into my food flask in the morning.

Fab! So, a few tips for you. I work in an office most of the time, but I also travel for work & can't guarantee access to a microwave.

My big tips are
Buy a food flask. That way you can heat up whatever you want in your own microwave & eat it whenever you want. I usually just eat leftovers as you don't have to make anything extra. Just cook more of what you eat the night before. If you don't eat stuff that you can do that with, then make big batches of veg soup, stews etc & portion them out. Put in the freezer & take one out the night before. Then just heat up.

Things I make are
Spicy chicken broth
Vegetable curry
Veg soup
Chilli
Chicken curry
Bolognese
Mixed bean chilli

My 2nd tip is
Use frozen veg. I use frozen cut up onions & peppers. I also use the lazy garlic & chilli. Life's too short for chopping stuff like that up

& finally
Get your slow cooker out! I will often chuck a couple of chicken breasts, some onion, garlic, peppers, passata, tinned tomatoes, & some herbs & spices into the slow cooker in the evening, cook overnight then just ladle into my food flask in the morning.
Wow, I never thought of putting my slow cooker on overnight, I generally use it during the day for tea so I love that idea, thanks. As for making soup, I love soup, I will have a look on the SW website for some good ones, I'm quite anal with soup I generally only eat tomato lol.
you are a star, thanks so much x

kingleds said:

My big tips are

Things I make are
Spicy chicken broth
Vegetable curry
Veg soup
Chilli
Chicken curry
Bolognese
Mixed bean chilli

My 2nd tip is

& finally

Great tips I too love frozen veg I make my tasty frying pan quiche using them
All you need is a good non stick pan fry onions sliced peppers cooked potato sweetcorn and any leftover meats n what not that will work in a quiche (now my pan is big so I whisk 12 eggs up and grate 6 hex of cheese but adjust quantities to suit the portion size of the pan mature cheese is best as the flavour is better mix egg with most of cheese and mix into veg in pan cook on low until egg is set half way up pan then sprinkle with remaining cheese and grill on low until its totally set set allow to cool then cut into 6 or however many hex portions it makes I get a massive piece of quiche for one hex a and have with salad

Great tips I too love frozen veg I make my tasty frying pan quiche using them
All you need is a good non stick pan fry onions sliced peppers cooked potato sweetcorn and any leftover meats n what not that will work in a quiche (now my pan is big so I whisk 12 eggs up and grate 6 hex of cheese but adjust quantities to suit the portion size of the pan mature cheese is best as the flavour is better mix egg with most of cheese and mix into veg in pan cook on low until egg is set half way up pan then sprinkle with remaining cheese and grill on low until its totally set set allow to cool then cut into 6 or however many hex portions it makes I get a massive piece of quiche for one hex a and have with salad
That sounds delish :) I will definitely give that a try, do you have any breakfast ideas? I generally eat it at work as I don't have the stomach first thing. Plus, this having to have super free with every meal, can that be fruit with breakfast? Sorry I know I'm being a bit thick, I just wanna get it right.

Yes you can have fruit with breakfast as your superfree

I usually take a bowl of fruit, my portion of cereal & some fat free yogurt to eat at work for breakfast. Or, I make baked eggs (line a muffin tin with ham, break an egg into the middle & cook for about 10-15 mins) & have with my bowl of fruit.

monica1969 said:
That sounds delish :) I will definitely give that a try, do you have any breakfast ideas? I generally eat it at work as I don't have the stomach first thing. Plus, this having to have super free with every meal, can that be fruit with breakfast? Sorry I know I'm being a bit thick, I just wanna get it right.

Oh yes total 0% with some sweetener stirred in is fab with grated granny smith

I love ham eggs and tomatoes (i hardboil eggs for this if I'm eating at work)

If I'm at home a fried egg butty and mushrooms are a winner

You could always make a breakfast quiche and have it with bacon onion mushrooms and tomatoes in it

Magic porridge mix a hex sachet of porridge mix into a muller light and leave in fridge overnight

Magic porridge pancakes make magic porridge as above whisk a few eggs in and fry into pancakes

I eat A LOT of eggs because they are tasty versatile keep me full and keep my shopping bill down we go through 30+ a week in our house they are a staple brekkie

I usually take a bowl of fruit, my portion of cereal & some fat free yogurt to eat at work for breakfast. Or, I make baked eggs (line a muffin tin with ham, break an egg into the middle & cook for about 10-15 mins) & have with my bowl of fruit.
You have given me loads of great ideas so thanks. I love the baked eggs idea and will definitely do them at home but I won't take them to work as I hate hard yolks lol

monica1969 said:
Yes, but do I have to?

You don't have to on red n green but it is reccomended you do on extra easy but if you don't lose weight or even put some on the lack of superfree will prob be the answer to the problem unless you have been cheating

You don't have to on red n green but it is reccomended you do on extra easy but if you don't lose weight or even put some on the lack of superfree will prob be the answer to the problem unless you have been cheating
Ahhhhhh now I get it, we'll I have just weighed myself and I've lost 4lb this week so I must be doing something right :)

Back