Help...takeaway advice

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
Its my birthday and I've decided to have a meal tonight but in instead of going out to a restaurant. Hubby and the kids want a takeaway, kids want pizza (theres a surprise!) and hubby suggested fish and chips for us as he knows i like it. But I dont fancy it, dont want to do too much damage. I will be sticking to exante throughout the day (Im working anyway so no temptations). Any advice? I've plenty of takeaways to choose from, just dont know which one :(

Maybe a chinese? Chicken and mushroom, or chicken and cashew nuts. I'm away right now and that's what i ate last night ;). Stay away from the sweet and sour, lots of sugar, also lemon chicken, hoisin sauce and stuff like that. And noodles obviously if you want to stay in ketosis. If you do go for a chinese, whatever you choose is likely to have a little carb in because of the sauces, but the ones i mentioned above are the best i could find. Unless you have plain duck or something without the sauce.

If you go to the chip shop, maybe have some (unbattered) fried chicken? OK so the oil isn't so healthy but it won't take you out of ketosis.

Indian food... the spicier dishes are normally the lower carb ones and would be nice if you like it. Stay away from kormas, etc. and rice obviously.

Chicken kebab? It's only grilled chicken & salad, leave the pita bread? Good luck! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Best low carb one I have is tandoori chicken plain with saag paneer no naan or rice. Just plain spicy chicken, no sauce an spinach w. Cheese in. Could get a bag of salad too to bulk out of you wanted. I would stay well away from any Chinese, but that's personal preference as I find all the dishes too sweet. Indian I love though - could eat it at anytime. Have a great birthday! X

Tandoori something :)
I love tandoori king prawns if I have something... but whatever your favourite meat is, go with that.
I like to have that with a little bit of sag paneer.
The curry house I go serves it with a salad :D, which is also part of the takeaway menu :)
You could have fish and salad, instead of chips ?

Happy birthday :D

Back