Help! What to do when things slow down?

Ah Caz sorry to hear that. Wine is killer when it comes to weight loss I find. I love my red wine but only ever drink it at special occasions now :(

Hope you are feeling motivated this week and a get a good loss next week to makeup for it! :D

Thanks dreamer :) am pretending it's my first week all over again! I was dreading the first time I had a gain but actually it hasn't upset/annoyed me as much as I thought it would, am feeling confident I will have lost this week. Had scan-bran for breakfast, now thats comittment to the cause!!!

haha you go girl! Try the scanbran ginger cake done in the oven its all syrupy and delicious mmmm

I think I have a touch of self sabotage going on this week.. I lost 3.5 which is massive for me! I have 2.5 lbs to lose to get my 4.5 stone and I'm also exactly a stone away from target. I feel motivated and and excited yet I'm eating unnecessary syns hmmmm!!

Woweeeeeeeeeeeee 3.5 is a huge loss for anyone!!!! :p Well done you!!

I think I sometimes don't eat enough syns...so when I do my body freaks out and I gain. Still trying to find the happy medium I think.

Oooh scan bran ginger cake sounds goood. I like syrupy....*slurp* :D

hehe it is yummy and very easy to make! Give it a try! Mmm I wish I had some right now!! I am all about the sweet stuff recently. I was in Sainsburys last night in the cake aisle for half an hour just looking at things lol pathetic! xx

Slowing down sucks...especially when you seem to have tried all the things that worked in the past and they don't now :-(

haha you go girl! Try the scanbran ginger cake done in the oven its all syrupy and delicious mmmm

I think I have a touch of self sabotage going on this week.. I lost 3.5 which is massive for me! I have 2.5 lbs to lose to get my 4.5 stone and I'm also exactly a stone away from target. I feel motivated and and excited yet I'm eating unnecessary syns hmmmm!!

I've looked and seen various scan-bran ginger cakes, do you have a recipe for one that you use? Going to try it out this week :)

Ok I'm doing this from memory.. hope I get it right!

5 scan bran
3 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons treacle
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 tablespoon sweetener
2 teaspoons ground ginger

Preheat oven to 190
break scan bran into pieces and place in a mixing bowl
pour a little boiling water over scan bran to soften (i use just enough to get each piece wet all over)
mash with a fork into a smooth mix
add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
pour mixture into baking tin of your choice or individual bun cases
Bake for about 30-40 mins or until firm and springy to touch.

Whole mixture is 10 syns or 5 if using scan bran as your HExB :D

Brilliant thanks!! I made one of my own devices haha but one recipe said put grated carrot in to lighten it up and I did....but it was just full of grated carrot haha so tasted fine apart from that! Next time will miss out on the carrot methinks...

I am a believer in Scan Bran now however, helped me to a good loss last week and am having some more this week!

Checked our your before and after photos btw...WOW!!!!!!! :D

Oh thank you Caz you've made my day :D

I love seeing people's before and afters. It's so inspiring.

The carrot works nicely in the carrot cake recipe because it's all mushed up with the mincemeat. Taste like mince pies mmm

Give that recipe a try and let me know how you get on :D

Glad scan bran is working for you. I need to get on the scan bran train, I've been a bit rubbish at eating it this week and I really wanna lost 1.5 next week to get my next shiney :D:D

I need to get some pics up but I think I'll wait a wee bit longer! Im maid of honour for my bessie mate in September so perfect photo opp!! (shes not happy however as she bought the dresses before I started SW....even though I TOLD her I was going to join dont think she actually believed I would do it....oops)

Scan bran strikes again another 2.5 off yaaaay. My OH even ate the ginger/carrotty cake thing I made and didnt realise it wasnt 'proper' cake haha!!! He would have probably recoiled in horror if he knew. (He is a twig and lives off only kebabs and potato wedges from what I can tell.....)

Yay! Good for you Caz! That's brilliant! It''s so annoying when men can do that! I find boyfriends are bad for my weight loss I even told my consultant I'd stay single till i got to target haha

Fantastic opportunity for the wedding. That'll teach your mate not to believe in you eh? ;) Look forward to seeing those pics! xx

Hmm I have a dilemma! 9 pounds off target.....getting my dress fitted next week, the final fitting so I can't really lose much more...what do I do?? Try and maintain? But I dont want to pay to maintain...wedding isnt until 24th September argh!!! Tricky.....

Definitely don't try to maintain hon. Carry on as normal! At your fitting have it fitted a little tighter than is comfortable. That way come september it might be a little loose but even if you got to target probably wouldn't be too bad :D

Thanks for the advice :) I'm changing my target anyway I think as I've been putting myself down 2inches shorter than I actually am haha so I might well get to my new target sooner than I thought! WI tonight though, think I've put on or maintained feel size of house!!!

That's exciting you're closer to target! How was weigh in? As you expected or were you pleasantly surprised? I put on half. Gutted have been so good. My body is fighting me right now! Grrrr!

Sent from my X10i using MiniMins

Ah I stayed the same, which I was mixed, thought I might have gained but your still like meh..wish I'd lost haha. My friend ate 5 scan bran 6/7days and lost half a stone!! So I'm on that agenda this week, scan bran as my HE for 4days and made some superspeed soup....I have 3 biiig weeks coming up (birthdays...hen parties....)
so doubt I'll lose any then! But sneaky mid-week weigh in shows none shifted yet grr.

You must be pretty close too? Our bodies know this and are just teasing us.....!

Back