Help with food values!

pticouk

Hi

I went to my first meeting last night and am still confused! To me WW was easier but may be as I haven't grasped it.

Like I've had this morning a tracker choc chip bar and for lunch I have a light chioce tesco wrap with WW tuna and sweetcorn filling, a banana, two pieces of WW flapjack and a WW yogurt. What counts as syns and what doesn't I haven't even decided what plan I'm doing today as I couldn't work out what those choices fit into!! Is there a book I can buy like the WW shopping guide that tells me values of everything!!

Helen

Hiya :)

When you went to your meeting, your consultant should have given you a password for the website this week. You need to register and then log in with both your personal password (which you choose) and the password for this week (from your consultant).

There's a section to get your syns online - you just pick the manufacturer and then find the product, and get your syn values.

From looking at what you're going to eat today, and that you're still getting your head round everything, I would suggest you follow Extra Easy for a bit until you understand about your syns and healthy extras a bit more (I find it's easier, and seems to be easier for people coming from WW).

Are you eating loads of WW things because they're still in your cupboard/fridge? I only ask because I think your food today might be a bit high on syns and you don't have much free food on there (80% of the food you eat per day should be off the free lists).

Let us know if we can help more - I'll post the syn values for you in a minute to get you started...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tracker Chocolate Chip Bar 26g bar[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 6 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 6 Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tracker Chocolate Chip Bar 37g bar[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 9 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 9 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Weight Watchers Tuna & Sweetcorn Deli Filler, chilled 2 level tbsp[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight Watchers Flapjacks, Mini, 12 pack each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 2½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 2½ Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight Watchers Summer Fruit Yogurts, Thick & Fruity, Strawberry 100g[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original Free [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

In my experience, with SW you will be eating more free food, and less prepared food than with WW.

I recommend that you decide today which plan you want to follow tomorrow - red, green or easy?

Then, have a look through the free food lists for the plan that you have chosen, and try to base as much of your day as possible on that free food. then slot in the HE's (according to the plan you have chosen).

syns then become your treats and extras (whether it be flapjack, wine or mayo etc...) and you have a perfect sw day!

sw can seem complicated at first, but fairly soon, you will see the freedom in your food choices - it really is a great plan.

Ok so have worked out from the info provided by paperclip that I'm on 13 sns and looke don the site and the wrap is 9 syns so up to 21 syns! Wish I'd known about the tracker earlier as wouldn't have had it!!

Do wraps not count as a healthy extra in the bread catergory? I thought they'd be healthier than having sarnies in bread!!

H

Oh great now I find my breakfast cereal that I'd be having instead of the tracker is 6 syns!

The flapjack things are 1/2 a ww point and I've got 2 of them so that'll up the syns more!

I'm guessing this diet needs more planning than WW! oh well will try to get my head round it over the weekend!

H:wave_cry:

Hiya,

In my opinion, I find SW a LOT easier than WW and I knew WW like the back of my hand. In my opinion you need to really sit down and read about the free food involved and work out your healthy extra's before diving in there. Also 1st of all choose what day you're doing e.g. Grreen, Red or EE

Good Luck - hope you get on well with it xx

You may find that your choice of breakfast cereal will count as one of your healthy extra portions - many do.

Wraps unfortunately do not count as HE, but most wholemeal bread does - if you get a 400g loaf of wholemeal, you can have 2 slices as a Healthy B choice.

Don't worry today - eat healthily but perhaps plan for tomorrow - which plan do you think will work best for the type of food you like
red - meat/fish,
green - pasta/rice/pots,
easy-both, but willing to limit bread or cereal?

I agree with Angie - try and plan your meals, that's what I do and it's a lot easier :) x

Ok for dinner I'm have ww risotto which brings my total syns for the day to 31!! need to get the hang of it more.

We tend to make our own bread so will have to look if they are on the site.

When we have pasta we tend to have chicken and pasta with lots of olives, mushrooms, tomatoes and other things shoved in, and I add pesto and either low fat creme fraiche or low fat cheese spread.

Am gutted about the wraps and breakfast!

The WW food was because I thought it would be healthy and easy to use on nights like tonight where neither of us fancy cooking!

I'll have to grab the recipe books form my mum this weekend and plan meals and shop for that.

Anyone recommend so packed lunches I can take that are in line with SW?

Thank god my drinks are free!!

Thanks

H

Breakfast: If you like things like cereal bars for breakfast, try Alpen Lights - two of them is one healthy extra B choice.

For cereals, it's easy as long as you go for high-fibre ones - check the list on the website but stuff like weetabix, special k sustain, all bran, bran flakes, porridge are all healthy extra B choices and seem to be the most popular breakfast cereals in my group.

And if you're still hungry, have a fat-free yogurt (0 syns - I think nearly all the WW ones are syn-free, as well as most mullerlights [just not the layers and some choc ones], shape lasting satisfaction, onken fat free and loads others too that I can't remember).

And if you're still hungry, have fruit!

Back