Total Solution Help, with pasta packs

welshlal

Hi, can anyone help me with how to make the pasta carb thicker? I added 150ml of boiling water covered and left , then stirred and microwaved for 1 min, stirred and microed again for 1 min and left to rest for a bit, it did thicken and the pasta was soft but was still a bit watery, any suggestions welcome x

I start with about 100ml of boiling water, stir and let it sit for about 5 mins. Then stir again and it'll have thickened up, then microwave for 1 min. When I take it out after the first minute it's usually pretty thick so I stir and sometimes I add a bit more water and then microwave for another minute. I find it can get really thick, if it does I just add a little more water. It's better to start with less water and add if necessary.

Thank you so much, will try this method tonight, I hope i can do it a bit better as I have 27 packs left lol

I separate the pasta from the powder cook the pasta on the hob when that's ready I leave it in the hot water and add a little bit of boiled water to the powder (bit by bit) to get the sauce the thickness I like. It's a bit of a faff but its the only way that's worked for me. X

I have been nuking them to death - probably killed any vitamin content though.

Last night I mixed it with cold water and let it soak for about 50 mins... Then cooked it for 2-3 mins in microwave - was perfect. :)

I dont know about nuking it to death, but you need to use boiling water for it start softening up the pasta, cold water wont really do that. Honestly it only takes about 3-5 minutes to soak first before you nuke it for it to be lovely :)

Cold water worked fine for me :)
Fit in with my schedule perfectly too.

hi there - the Exante diet has the following on it - hope it helps xxx

Update: We’ve been listening to your feedback on the new pasta carbonara. Some of you feel that the instructions on the packet do not result in the optimum taste and texture. We’ve carried out some trials and found that the following additions to the instructions should help you get soft pasta and thick & delicious carbonara!

1. Add 150ml of boiling water to the packet contents in a bowl
  2. Stir then cover for 5 minutes
  3. Uncover and place in microwave for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
  4. Leave to stand for 1 minute before consuming

Thanks guys. I tried the new instructions as per the website but 150ml of water made it like a soup no matter how much I nuked ! Think I will try less water , a longer soak and then a nuke. When I have more time I will try separating them as I am thinking this may be the only way to get pasta truly soft. Thank you all x

Back