helzzz's diary - 59.5lb lost, 15.5 to go!

Thanks girlies! I lost 2lb this week meaning that my BMI is in the 20s for the first time in years and I am no longer obese! The scales hovered between 2 and 3lb loss before deciding on 2 so hopefully won't be too far off losing the next pound. I'd love 2lb this week which will take me to my 2.5stone sticker since I restarted.

This week I'm sticking to about 8 syns a day as I'm out for a posh meal for my grandad's 90th on Saturday so I'm saving them for then and for the weekend in Liverpool in general.

I'm working late tonight and tomorrow so I've already made a lasagne for hubby to cook both nights - he's a good man really.

Abz - chicken parmesan is gorgeous. Enjoy! :)

Yay - well done on losing 2lb and on being in the BMI 20s! (I initially wrote "well done on being overweight" and it just sounded awful!) :D

Hope you are having a good week so far :)

congratulations babes :D :D

i made the chicken parmesan but had double the cheese as i didn't notice it was for four, not two people...

abz xx

abz xx

I lost 1lb this week! Considering I was away and out for a meal plus had white bread sandwiches twice that's amazing.

I tried to stick to around 5 syns a day during the week but the mum of someone I work with during evenings kept giving me bits of Indian food at tea time as a taster plus the night I wasn't working I succumbed to a couple of tiny squares of chocolate brownie - oops.

This week I have nothing out of the ordinary planned so I'm sticking to it 1000%. I need to lose 1lb to get my next sticker and bracelet charm but hopefully will lose more than that. I'd like to be in the 12s in the next few weeks.

It was also good timing that I got to BMI under 30. Went to docs about pill and he said I'd have to change as my BMI was over 30 at my last check up in April and they've changed the guidelines on BMI and taking the pill. I told him my BMI was 29.9 and he weighed me to check and I was 2lb heavier there (clothes on straight after lunch) so BMI worked out at 30.1 but he still let me have it and congratulated me on the loss telling me to keep up the good work. It gave me a little boost! :)

Another 1lb off. I was expecting a STS at best so I'm over the moon. * week plus migraine meant that I had Friday and Saturday off track but managed to be really good for the rest of the week and stuffed myself with with superfree yesterday. I've now got my 2.5stone sticker (since December) and bracelet charm so I'm a happy bunny.

I'm now off on annual leave for two weeks :) traditionally I would go totally off the rails on those weeks but not this time. I have 2 planned meals out where I won't be on plan and other than that I'm doing a new meal every night to keep me on track. I'd love to lose 2lb over the next two weeks taking me into the 12s in time for my conference at the end of September. I'm away next Monday so think I'll be weighing on Tuesday - hopefully won't make a massive difference.

Well done on losing 1lb! And getting your 2.5stone sticker and bracelet charm!:talk017:

I hope you're feeling better now :)

Have you got any plans for stuff to do during your annual leave? Or are you just relaxing at home? :)

I'm feeling better today thanks Stitchy. It probably didn't help that I had a meeting n Thursday that started at 6pm and finished at 11:45 :( I was really good though and ate my couscous and tuna while they all tucked into fish and chips - was really proud of myself.

Next couple of weeks are a combination of lazy days and day trips. We've never been to any of the museums here which is a disgrace - especially as so many are free! We're also going to Liverpool for a couple of days and having a day out in Rhyl to see the sea and go to the seaquarium and a day at Chester Zoo. Today we're off bowling and to Frankie and Benny's for tea! :D Depending on the weather we may go to the sculpture park or Brimham rocks.

Well after 3 weeks of not very on plan over hols I put on 1lb. I don't think that's too bad. Then last week I intended to be back on track but didn't plan or have the energy to go shopping so had lots of take-aways :( however I found my mojo on Saturday and have planned and shopped so managed to lose 1lb this week. It means I want to lose 16lb by Christmas with 11 weeks to go. I'm hoping I can do it but I can't have any more blips - have to lose *every* week!

I'm still being rubbish at writing on here - I use my phone so much to read the website I never get round to writing on it when I go on my laptop.

I losst 2lb this week taking me into the 12s! :D I now have 10 weeks to lose another stone by Christmas - eek! It's possible but I think I might have to tell myself that I'm aiming to be below 12st 7 first and keep going that way otherwise I can see me getting disappointed.

I'm working 24 hours a week, plus going to uni one full day and have 13,000 words and a poster to do in the next 10 weeks PLUS try to find a job for when I qualify! I'm struggling to fit everything in - especially as my hours are all over the place - some days it's an early start and some days it's a late finish, and my rota can change at the drop of a hat leaving me working extra long shifts with no lunch as I was expecting to get something after my normal shift finish time. Oh yeah - and there's also the little matter of my voluntary work!

I'm kind of struggling a little with SW as a result. I'm trying but I'm soo tired all of the time and getting lots of headaches so I'm not sticking to SW as much as I could - maybe 4/5 days a week at the moment. I think I'm going to need to do some batch cooking to try to help and I just need to find more motivation - I think I'm gonna need some SUPER motivation to get through the next 8 weeks!

Anyway - this week has been ok but not great - I'm hoping that I can manage to stick to it for the rest of the week as no more late finishes now *hopefully*!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

I STS this week which I'm a bit gutted about - I've been much better this week than in previous weeks. I have spent most of the night awake needing the loo due to a water infection for which I've just got antibiotics so I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. At least it wasn't a gain - just leaves me with 9 weeks to lose 1stone before Christmas! :s

STS is good, much better than a gain ;), and well done for losing 2lb last week. Yay for being in the 12s! :D

Don't be too hard on yourself - you seem to have lots and lots on at the moment, and I imagine it can be pretty hard to allocate enough time to planning and cooking SW meals. I think you're doing great considering how much stuff you've got on at the moment - I mean, you could be getting takeaways all the time instead of cooking, but you're not and that's really good :D. I hope that kinda makes sense :rolleyes:.

Good Luck for your Christmas target - you might not achieve it entirely, but if you stick to plan as best as you can, then you are giving yourself the best possible chance of achieving it! :)

You're so right Stitchy - I think I need to stop beating myself up. I've decided that as long as I'm 12 something after Christmas that'll be fine - especially considering I only have 7 weeks to go for uni and I really need to be focusing on that not stressing over my weight. I'll stick to it as much as possible but also need to accept that I have other priorities and if the weightloss isn't mega it's not the end of the world. I'm feeling a lot better and more relaxed about it now so thanks.

This week's been a bit mixed to be honest - the antibiotics made me really nauseous and even more tired than usual. My appetite has been all over the place; not wanted to eat much (although we did have take-away one night). I've been back on track for the last two days so we'll see how it goes - even a STS would be good (although I'd obviously like to lose).

Well - it was another STS! At least it wasn't a gain and I know I wasn't awful but I wasn't good so it was too be expected.

The week didn't get off to the best of starts - I ended up stuck in a hotel waiting for a meeting on Monday as a result of motorway closures. I had planned to come home after the meeting to have tea but it became obvious that I wasn't going to so I ended up getting a sandwich and chips while I was there! :(

On the plus side I've totally put it behind me and had between 5 and 7 syns each day for the rest of the week - I totally deserve a loss on Monday so I'm hoping for one. We're out for a meal on Saturday and I plan to have tofu pad thai which should only really be syns for oil and ground peanuts so I'm hoping that the syns saved during the week should be enough.

Main thing is I'm enjoying it again this week - made some different food (mega cheese burgers with fried onion and topped with a fried egg one night which were awesome) and feeling good! Fingers crossed that this gives a loss on Monday - 2 weeks STS is enough!

I lost 1lb!! :)

I'm a happy bunny but at the same time I'm disappointed that it wasn't a bigger loss - aren't people who are losing weight funny creatures!?

So this week's all planned, the shopping list is written and hubby is going shopping as he's off today so it should be good. I'm really looking forward to my meals this week as there's some new foods in there:
Mon: spinach and butternut squash lasagne
Tue: ham and pea tagliatelle
Wed: quorn chicken pasta
Thu: spinach and feta filo pie with potato wedges
Fri: egg, chips and beans
Sat: roast lemon and mustard pork with one tray vegetables
Sun: parmesan chicken, new potatoes and peas

Lunches will be a combination of leftovers, pitta bread sandwiches and soup - I'll probably make a pumpkin soup at the weekend once we've carved the pumpkin (we're having a combined halloween / bonfire night party at a friend's at the weekend).

Although I'm telling myself not to get totally stressed over weight loss over the next few weeks I'm still going to try my best. I'm hoping to lose another 6lb by Christmas in order to have lost 4 stone overall. I think 6lb in 8 weeks should be achievable - even for me who's averaging about 0.8lb per week!

Fingers crossed!

Woohoo, 1lb is great! :party0019:

I'm intrigued by your meals this week :D. I think I've found the recipe for the spinach and butternut squash lasagna, let me know what it's like please. It looks tasty :).
Also, how do you make the spinach and feta filo pie? :)

Another STS! After feeling positive at the start of the week things went downhill. I did even more hours at work than normal so was shattered. My Nanna also went into hospital and I spent most of the week in a world of my own worrying so not really focused on SW and ended up having a couple of take-aways. I also spent half of
the weekend back home to visit her so haven't had chance to do uni work so now only have 4.5 weeks to write my final 3 essays (13000 words) soI'm getting stressed which isn't helping!

I feel like all I'm doing is moaning recently and I don't want to! So here's me being positive. I applied for a qualified job yesterday so fingers crossed in 5 weeks I'll have finished uni and have a job ready to start.

Stitchy - I'll find the spinach pie recipe for you. Didn't make the lasagne but planning on having it tomorrow so I'll let you know.

Back