Her scales are wrong

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Miss_Bettany, 9 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

I went to the docs yesterday to have blood tests etc and they weighed me as 8.6 kilos MORE than the LL ones!!!!

The ones at the gym weigh me heavier too...LLC insists hers are accurate but I'm not so sure any more!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Its pretty hard to find two sets of scales, in two different locations, on two different surfaces, in two different temperatures, to wiegh exactly the same.

You know the inches are coming off, so the weight would be too. :) Try not to worry about it!! She probably has hers re-calculated more ofthen then the docs or the gym. :)
  4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

all scales are different i think. i weigh different on my 2 sets. on my cdc well by a 1b/2 my mums are waaaaay of!!!! I wudnt worry about it tbh xx
  5. gazz

gazz Full Member

Lighter Life
    My sister wii fit and her bathroom scales are both the same ( 13st 7ib ) but the LLC was at 13st 8.8lb . Went to the docs and theres say 13st 7lb too, but I go on the LLC "offical" weight , but 8 Stone is easier to say as a lost in total anyway ;)
  6. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    Even if her scales are a bit out, the losses will still be the same.

I think we can get a bit toooo obsessed about what those numbers say, but the real indicator should be how we feel and look.
  7. sarah-louise x

sarah-louise x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    all this confusion with scales, go with the ones u use most often. my LLC are always 2lb more than my home scales, then last week they were 2lb less, my wii fit always weighs me the same as my home scales, but my GP scales weigh me 5lb less! i know my weight is going down cos i can feel it in my clothes, my concern has always been my size and not my weight so i go with measurements rather than weight. keep up the good work x
  8. healpro

healpro Full Member

I work in a GP surgery as a practice nurse and I can tell you that we have our scales recalibrated yearly BUT they are not particularly expensive and are only accurate to within 1 kg. If I were you I would go with your LLC's scales as if they are anything like my former LLC's scales they are probably 3 times more expensive than your GPs and much more accurate!!
  9. Sandra

Sandra Full Member

Lighter Life
    I also work in a Doctors Surgery and I am afraid that every set of scales, one in each of the Doctor's and Nurses Rooms, weigh slightly differently, so it is best to just rely on the LL scales and go by them weekly. You will be able to guage more accurately then how much you are loosing, it just ends up very confusing if you try getting weighed on different sets of scales.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.