Here i am! *waves* - Brewin'a'Baby & Staying Slim! 2011 xx

Thanks girls!!

Todays eating:

breaky: Water, 1 apple and some pinapple slices.

snack: two alpen lights HEB

lunch: 1 slice of ham, 2 hard boiled eggs, lettuce, cherry toms, cucumber and sweet orange pepper with a handful of small new pots.

snack: mikado's- im going to say 7 syns, i ate the entire individual box, but i lost count after 4 syns, but there really wernt loads in it.
and a choc mullerlight

tea: homemade meatballs in passata with spaghetti and cheese HEA

syns: 7syns, No exercise today zumba was cancelled boohoo!!!

Im proud of myself, as i was getting a bit panicy when i bought the mikados, i was in the shop as it was peeing with rain and was waiting for OH to pick me up from dentist, wanted a drink but only had card and had to pay minimum of £3.. nearly caves and bought a pack of biscuits.. but opted for mikados, knowing i would eat the box but that it was far less synage and had the same texture as biscuits that i was craving.. i think im going to be okay :) looking forward to tea.. yummy yum yum.

Last edited:
Breakfast: 2 alpen lights HEB water 1 apple

dinner: mixed bean chilli from mag, 28g cheese HEA, low fat yogurt

lots of water..
Mullerlight and some grapes

Tea: 2 morrisons sausages eat smart (1syn for both) mash 1 syn, brocolie, baked beans.. Yum yum!

hot choc with splash of milk 2.5syns

5 syns for day, no exercise though!

Last edited:
WEDNESDAY:

okay, so today is usually my day 'off' but obviously iv had alot of time off recently and have been 100% back on plan since monday- so i must admit that iv got that itch to just eat eat eat. I weigh in at 6:30 tonight, so will know the real damage, or 'official start weight' as it where this evening.

breakfast: two alpenlights HEB water

lunch: left over meatballs and spaghetti free

snack: asda puffin bar, 6.5syns

tea (after wi) will be homemade burgers free, topped with bacon and 28g cheese HEA, with homemade chips and bbq ketchup 1syn, and then jelly with grapes and strawbs, 1 syn.

Was very proud of myself, popped to the shops to get fizzy pop for this eve, and picked up a snickers, and took it off the conveyer belt just before i was served with a last change of heart. I WILL be strong.

xxxx Not looking forward to seeing a massive gain writted in my books, but i will look back on this and remember that i came back from it and that iv changed for life. I will never let myself get that big again, ever.

Update: have treated myself to an asda puffin bar that works out at 6.5syns on the sw calculator.. i think i can last out till tea now without going mad :eek:)

8.5syns today

Last edited:
Okay, official weigh in this eve and a gain 8.5lbs! i so though it was a hell of alot worse.. however i think ALOT must have been water retention because my ring has gotten even bigger on my finger which means iv de-puffed.

I was 1.5lb over target before, so i have 10lbs to loose to go back to my original target :) so heres to a lb a week :)

x

THURSDAY
2 alpen lights HEB, Mullerlight.

Mixed bean mexican chilli with 28g cheese HEA
Handful of strawbs and grapes

1apple
4cubes of choc? 3 syns?

tea at harvester: steak (barely ate any, despite ordering rump it was SO fatty) jacket p (plain) peas bbq sauce (1syn) lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, a few croutons.

Am looking after Two little 18month old boys today and going bowling this eve so fairly active but no proper exercise yet :( really should make an effort soon!

Last night went off the rails abit, about 30syns I think, but I was really good all day so I must make up for that this week.

Xxx

Last edited:
Isn't it odd how when we gain weight we always think/feel that it is so much more than it actually is?

Realistically and personally, I think this is what maintaining is all about. To me, it's not about trying to keep ridgedly to a magical number on the scales but relaxing a bit and just keeping an eye on gains before they get too out of hand.

Anyway, good luck with your return journey to goal and congrats on your engagement too!!

Thanks lentil!- i was only saying earlier iv proberly sts 3 times at most since being at target, i continuesly fluctate but thats how it works for me and im happy!

aww man, i have eaten SO much pasta.

breaky: 2 alpens, water

snack: grapes

Dinner: a small tin of mushy peas( got some seruious pre-period cravings!) a mullerlight

snack: 1 banana, pack of pinapple slices from boots

tea: MASSIVE amount of pasta, in passata with peppers, caugettes, onions, 28g cheese HEA and lettuce

Tea was supposed to serve 4, it served two of us, with me eating mine and some of OH's. :O I think its safe to say i abused free food this evening. Man i am stuffed!

drank LOADS of water.. still no exercise tho coz im a lazy cow and cbf LOL

i havnt had any 'proper' syns today, but iv been picky (very tiny things but still)

so atleast 5syns possibly, we know how those picky things can catch up.

off to cinema later *sigh* hope i can be strong.

x

ah man. Cinema equals: two biscuits, sweets and sharing a med salt popcorn. *Sigh*

i just cant reign myself in, Meals are fine but my syn snacking is too much.
I have four days, if i can just loose 1 lb. I really hope so. :( man im dissapointed in myself.

we saw babba bishop last night (joes nephew) hes so gorgeous and im even more broody. Then, i realised - my period is now 3 days late, my boobs are huge and sore and iv not been feeling great. I couldnt believe i didnt realise how late my period was. SO we bought a test, and tested this morn- and its negative.
I cant help but feel a bit dissapointed, it was like a sudden realisation that it could be me.. (after feeling so broody recently) and letting myself, and Oh get caught up in it- only for it to be a false alarm. Period pains are in full swing this morn, as if to rub it in. So im sure its on its way. Oh the joy.

Nevermind.

Must stay on track today, I want a loss.

breaky: pack of sweet chilli ryvitas. Cos it was the only HEB i had in my house *sigh*

water

1 apple

handful of pasta with tuna, peppers, onions, sweetcorn and cucumber with1 tsp of light mayo 1 syn.

water..

another apple
choc digestive 4.5 syns

tea: my FAVE meal :D chilli con carni (1.5 at most) brown rice, 28g cheese HEA and fat free yog mmmmmmmmmm

Jelly 1 syn with strawbs

8syns, still no exercise *sigh* im such a lazy cow

Last edited:
Im nervous about WI, concerned that i may gain. I hope i sts.
I was on plan monday and tues, wed day time.. had mini binge wed eve... thursday was fine but still ate out, friday we went to the cinema and i ate sweets and popcorn, and last night was also OK.

Im eating more syns that i usually do- because i want to learn how to use them, rather than being all or nothing. Im fighting the urge to eat what i want, because im convinced i havnt lost- due to the extra syns, and vast lack of exercise. BUT i dont want to add anymore onto my 10lb gain. :(

However, i am being good during the day and my meals are good, im just finding it difficult to get out of my 'holiday' mentality, so i hope by next week il be ready to give it 100%

Got zumba monday, so thatl be a start.

x

HiFern, just taking a quick look at your food diary. Fingers crossed for your weigh in!

I wonder if your syn snacking is to do with TOTM??? We're not trying to conceive exactly but not not trying either (in other words I want to and hubby doesnt mind what happens), so I feel your pain when you say about getting excited and doing a test.

It is a disappointment each month and to be honest I get the munchies at this time I think because I'm upset...... I know this doesnt help, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone! At least it gives us another month to lose a few pounds though :)

HiFern, just taking a quick look at your food diary. Fingers crossed for your weigh in!

I wonder if your syn snacking is to do with TOTM??? We're not trying to conceive exactly but not not trying either (in other words I want to and hubby doesnt mind what happens), so I feel your pain when you say about getting excited and doing a test.

It is a disappointment each month and to be honest I get the munchies at this time I think because I'm upset...... I know this doesnt help, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone! At least it gives us another month to lose a few pounds though :)

Its funny, were not trying at all- and although im desperate to be a mummy, i also am determined to be married before as its the way i was brought up, and it would just generally be the worst timing ever.. plus were SO young still.. but every month my period comes, and although im miffed because i hate periods (grrr lol) i know secretly, its also tinged with that teeny bit of dissapointment, that it didnt just 'happen'. I swear all pregnant woman are just going out of their way to get in my face today too. Next door neighbor has suddenly bloomed and is evidently preggers, went to the mall and bumped into two girls i trained with- both pregnant.. and in general- just alot of pregnant woman. :(

I think its deffinatly TOTM doing it, as im SERIOUSLY craving carbs and choc.. which are the biggest giveaways.. usually i have more self control and my cravings are beaten by massive meal portions and loads of cold fruit, but after being on hols last week and still being half in the holiday mentality iv fallen victem to it all. Im trying to keep a grip on it though, i need to prove to myself i can have choc without binging for a week after and throwing it all away. even if i STS this week, cos iv been back on track with my actual meals, im certain i can reign in the unusual snacking and syns next week. Although in theory i shouldnt be over my syns anyways.

Iv still no period.. and the pains are quite mild now.. which is really peeing me off, the sooner it comes the sooner il start getting 'lighter' for flushing all the girly crap out- (thats the theory isnt it? heavier before and at beginning of star week, but not during and after?) ...

iv eaten so much carb today its rediculous.

breaky- water, apple, oranges x2

mid morn snack- left over spagbowl :eek:

lunch: jacket spud from spud u like with baked beans and i guestimate of 28g of cheese (i asked for cheese in a bowl) and i comprimised, i didnt have a packet of crisps, garlic bread or a brownie- i had one of those little choc ladybird things they sell? prob 3 syns?
pepsi max

afternoon snack: bowl of left over pasta (plain) :eek:

was planning a roast for tea, but as i know im not physcially hungry im wondering if i should stave it off, concidering iv been snacking on pasta *slaps wrist* food abuse alert..

but, at the same time.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ROAST!

Gutted- my ring is an entire size too big, and iv had to give it back to jewlers because i have to have a new one, they wont resize it because there are too many diamonds in the band and it could make them loose or ruin the ring all together. Id rather have a new ring, than run the risk of ruining it or loosing a diamond in the future, but at the same time- its not going to be 'my' ring. I know itl be exactly the same, but il know it wasnt the one he gave me, on my really special night.

AND i have to go 7-10 days without it, which means i cant show anyone at work this week :( which lessens the effect of suprise, and.. if its not back by saturday, my aunty lisa who is moving home to OZ next week will never see it in real life, and my bro and SIL havnt seen it yet either and i dont see them very often. Nor has my sister yet- but hey.. i see her loads haha.

and i feel naked without it! .. and no one knows were engaged, like strangers. These past few days have felt like everyone just knew and could tell, and saw my ring and smiled.. but now im just plain ol' me with a blokey on me arm again lol.

can you tell im quite whiney today??

i have to look after joes neice for a few hours this evening, and im shitting it (to say the least) as i have to teach my first art class tomorrow and although iv finished all my lesson plans etc, im SO friggin nervous :cry: wish i could just stay in bed!

breakfast: 2 alpens, 2 oranges HEB

water

dinner: hot choc 2 syns, syn free mex bean chilli with 28g cheese HEA and fat free yog

tea: steak stiryfry, syn free..

zumba tonight..

Feel like **** :(

Hi guys,

So- just a little update on me, after a crappy week i still managed to shift half a lb, so its in the right direction. Iv got home from fatclub and wifey night and prepared my lunch and tea for tomorrow as im working 9-4, 5-8 so will be out all day. Im tired but am determined to pull myself out of this stupid rut and get over myself.

My emotions are very up and down. My period was 6 days late today, and i was about to test again (after a negative on saturday) I had really let myself fall into the reality of it all.. i mean 6 days! only for my body to trick me and then my period came midday. I was so upset i really struggeled through the rest of the day, and had a good old cry with mum. Even though i was terrified, when i realised all hope was gone of it being a pregnancy, it felt like id been so close. I have to remind myself that we are not ready, and i am lucky it was a false alarm. My time to be a mummy will come when its meant to be. Its made me realised how stressed i am though, to make me 6 days late. Im never that late, never. 1/2 days at most i have been late in the past, never 6.

So. Back on track tomorrow, iv planned my week, and done my food shop- but im taking it a day at a time. I know i can do this.

First mini goal is to regain my original target weight of 10st 1 and my 4.5stone award. Im currently 10 st 4, so 3 lbs to go. Then i will cope with the rest in my own time. I can do this.

xx

hey fern,frst time ive wandered into your diary.
wanted to start by giving you big hugs ((((((((fern))))) mother nature can be a right b***h at times.
glad you had a loss....perhaps you may find it easier to get back on track now theres been a loss at the scales?? i know my head didnt snap out of holiday mode until i had gone to class and saw the loss.

Thanks hun, yes i have felt much more in control and positive today after last nights loss- thats a flipping miracle, tbh. As i was expecting at 4lb gain atleast.

I knew i was going to be out ALL day, so i was really proud of myself that i forced myself to plan breaky, dinner and tea and pre cook it and take it with me,

Breaky: 7am, 2 rashers bacon, baked beans, 1 egg.

mid morn: 1 apple

lunch 12pm: 3 sweet onion ryvitas, 28g cheese, 1 mullerlight, carrot sticks
fruit salad of watermelon, pinapple, grapes and pear. YUM :)

mid afternoon: hartleys low cal jelly 0.5syns

Tea 7pm: spag bowl (1syn)

I had the boys 9-4, then had dommy 5-8:30, then had to meet friend at pub at 9, and stuck to diet coke :)

used all my syns today, as follows:

mint imperials, 1 syn
hartleys low cal jelly 0.5syns
spag bowl 1 syn
chocolate 10 syns
2 cakey things ( they were the kids mini snacks, couldnt resist LOL) 2.5syns

15 syns in total. Bargain

trying to aim for atleast 8-10 syns i think this week, but i was a bit picky today for some reason ( probs star week), but felt in control, which was a nice feeling.

Also, my other half had been phoned by jewlers and my ring was ready for collection so had gone and got it, so when i finally walked through the door this eve, he was on one knee and asked me to marry him all over again lol. Im so happy to have my ring back, its really lifted my mood and reconfirmed just how much i love my Joe. What a sweetheart.

Im feeling, ok. I was really upset yesterday, Really struggeled through the day. Im getting over it, my mind feels clearer today and i can see that it was for the best, just makes me realise how stressed my body is, my shoulders are all achey, i keep grinding my teeth in my sleep, iv still managed to loose 0.5lb despite major oversynning everyday without any care, and to be 5 days late. Must try to relax this week< so much going on and im actually fulltime working now, 5 days a week. Im knackered.

xxx

I've been wondering how you are after your post the other day so came to find you. Glad you didn't put loads on & you're feeling a little more in control. I'm pleased you're going to take little bits at a time, think I need to do that as well.

I'm all 'awwww' about Joe asking you to marry him all over again!! That's lovely.

Glad you're starting to feel a lot better xx

Thanks guys :) i feel rotten today as iv an awful awful headache that just wont go, but im staying strong!!!!! yay me.

Breaky: kellogs fibre plus, muller, apple HEA

dinner: pasta and sauce, tuna, red onion, 28g cheese HEA, 1 banana, 1 apple

snack: apple, jelly 0.5syns

tea: syn free shepards pie (yum) with gravey 1syn and extra veg

update more later had like noo syns yet. Nothing i really want atm though
had a rich tyea finger biscuit thing 1.5 syns?

, not sure how to **** the tiny sprinkling of extra cheese on shepards pie.. 3 syns? 5.5 syns for day

Last edited:
Back