Here i go again! Will i do it this time?

I know what you mean MissF but my scales said that i had lost 4lbs so i thought i had done super well. Oh well i am still proud of myself as it's still a loss. Well done for STS. At least it's not a gain and you seem to be almost at goal so i guess it gets that bit harder towards the end. you should feel proud of yourself for how far you've come.

Thanks for your kind words Jane. Good luck for your WI on monday. How come your scared? i bet you will be fab. mmmmmm now you've got me thinking about sprouts lol. i like them with cheese and i'm really strange as the soggier the better in my opinion lol What plan are you following? looks like you had a fantastic first weigh in.

xxx

Hi :)

Meaning im scared that i might not have lost!! :eek: silly really! but i do worry while exercising/eating healthy is this enough should i be doing more. never happy i guess! :p

Never tried them with cheese! hmmm lol

Aww yeah thanks, i know i was so shocked when that loss came up on the scales!! :eek::eek:

And im not following a plan hun, just eating healthy (well trying too:rolleyes:) and exercising more! :eek:

Well doen on that 2.5lbs Rhi, that is excellent, next loss should see the half a stone done! Brilliant, keep up the good work and avoid that chocolate.

Well done on a good loss Rhi :)

its coming off and that's all you need to think about, when you feel a little disheartened. Weight loss does vary as you know, big losses, little losses, no losses!!!!..but the important thing is to keep going and being in full control of the outcome!!!

Now...different scales..my scales ALWAYS read differently from my nurse's..hers make me lighter!!!! but i stick to my own scales, as that is the set I started with in feb. You may well have lost 4lb you know, if your home scales have dropped 4 lb since you last stepped on them...well..that's the result :)

At the club, did you weigh in wearing shoes, or different clothes etc? i weigh in totally naked at home..and fully clothed with the nurse..and her scales still make me lighter???????...so don't be hard on yourself....different scales play havoc with our minds...read your results from one only, (in my case, my own!) and register that as your true weight loss..despite what the other set 'says' :)

Hello Seanin, thanks for commenting. i made it through the day with no chocolate so feel quite proud of myself. Welcome to the site. it's lovely on here. Well done for doing 30 minutes walking yesterday. That's fantastic and it will all help. I'm just very desperate to loose this weight hence all the exercise. I don't think it's actually doing my healthy any good though. i suffer from ME and this is now the 3rd thursday in a row that i have had a bad throat and felt rough. It's affected me badly the last two weekends. I badly want to loose this weight though so i'll just have to learn to cope with feeling more rubbish than usual. lol

Thanks MissF. How are you today?

Well been to WI. Lost 2.5lbs on their scales but mine showed a 4lb loss just before i went so i feel a little gutted. Oh well, At least it's a loss and maybe it'll show a bigger loss another week. I know i should feel proud as i have lost weight but i had psych'd myself up for a slightly bigger loss. x

Hi Rhi,

Well, whether it's 2.5lbs or 4lbs is irrelevant really - isn't it? A loss is a loss, chick, so well done on that. You seem to be perservering so bloody hard and you deserve that loss.

Now, I'm no expert, but I do want to throw a suggestion into the mix. You can ignore it if you like, I won't mind lol. I know you're desperate to lose the weight, but you should realise that the more exercise you do, the more muscle gain you'll have and while that will manifest itself physically with inch loss, it will mean smaller losses (possibly even gains) on the scales. While it's still good in every sense, there's that chance that seeing those smaller losses (or gains) might lead you to lose motivation, because you seem so set on seeing substantial losses each week. Perhaps you could tone down the exercise a little - particularly in light of the fact that you have ME, hun, you really shouldn't be pushing yourself to the limit. Focus more on eating properly, with a balanced approach to exercise as opposed to going at it hammer and tongs. Exercising for a small amount of time each day (say 30 mins) or for a little longer 3 times a week (say 45-60 mins) will be just as effective in your weight loss and you won't feel half as exhausted.

I'm saying this because while I don't have ME, I have done what you're doing and in the end up, it got me nowhere. I managed to pummel away at it for a month or so, furious with myself each week as I wasn't losing the 5/6lbs a week I so badly wanted to see gone (totally unrealistic) and ended up collapsing in a heap cursing the whole thing cos I'd just gone too hard, too soon and spent myself.

Don't be afraid to let your weightloss take just a little longer - isn't it better to take it slow and keep it off for good? You don't want to be retreading your steps a year down the line, you want to be looking back and thinking, 'Hey, look what I've done. I'm bloody amazing.' Don't force your body into achieving what your head wants - let them work together, that way you can get to goal and actually stay there comfortably.

You're doing amazingly and I have so much admiration for your attitude - but do thin it out a little so it lasts and you achieve what you want, hun. I know you can do it, there's no doubting that, you only have to read your posts to realise it.

I bet you will have lost Skinny. You'll probably shock yourself although after loosing so much in your first week it might not be as much but don't feel disheartened as it's just your body adjusting to everything. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks Barb :)

Thanks Rose. I weigh in wearing the same clothes as i do at class as i do it just before i go. I don't wear my shoes in either place. Its just a bit weird that's all. It does happen on times. A month or so ago i thought i had lost 4lbs on my scales but theirs only said 1lb off but then a couple of weeks later i thought i had sts and theirs said i'd lost 2.5lbs. lol. I always go by their scales as far as tracking my loss goes rather than my own as i just use my own for guidance and to give me a rough idea how i am doing.

Thanks seanin. you do make a lot of sense so maybe i ought to tone it down a little. Like you say i do need to keep this up long term. I'm not looking for massive weight losses each week though. I'd be happy with 1 or 2lb loss each week. It's only coz my scales said a higher weight loss than the class ones that i felt disappointed. i have thought about it and like you say it is a loss and i am proud of that. your very right that i don't want to have to do this a year or so down the line. once it's off that's how i intend it to stay! Thanks heaps for your advise and support. it's very very much appreciated.

Well guess what i have another throat infection! Actually i think it's been rumbling away for a couple of weeks as i have taken left over antibiotics which have obv picked me up a little but not kicked the infection so it's kept coming back. Went to the doctors yesterday and got a full course of antibiotics as he said it's a nasty throat infection. I've had my tonsils out so he reckons i am one of the unfortunate ones who still has problems. typical! I am feeling a bit better today than yesterday thank goodness. It meant i wasn't well enough for swimming though and i didn't have the energy for zumba either today. I might (depending on how i feel) tomorrow try and do 30 minutes of zumba on the wii. Will see how i feel though as getting better is my priority now. I also had a really bad diet day yesterday as i felt so rubbish and didn't stick to it at all! :( i am back on track today though and have to face that i will have off days but the important thing is getting back on track quickly again so not too much damage is done.

I hope your all having a nice day. xxx

Thatta girl! It's good you're looking for reasonable losses each week, that's what I'm doing this time too. As I said, last time I 'dieted' I had myself tortured and a few times ended up binging just because I felt like I hadn't lost enough. I'm wary of keeping that in mind in two weeks' time - with this being my first week, I know I'm likely to lose a lot of fluid and the loss in lbs will be higher than the week after. I can't let myself forget that, lol.

Bummer about the throat infection - those things really get you down. I also had my tonsils out but suffer a lot from throat infections myself. Remember not to go too mad while you're ill; I know I sound like a broken record, but drink tons of water to flush it all out of your system.

I've got a good feeling about you, chick - awesome attitude, you're inspiring me lol!

Thanks Seanin. I find everyones support and advise sooo helpful in keeping me on track. Good luck for your weigh in. Sounds like your looking at things sensibly too. I don't think i've ever inspired anyone so thanks for your kind words :) I've only got the good attitude because of everyone on here keeping me motivated and inspired. Thats what i think is so great about this site.

Sorry to hear you also suffer with throat infection. Their horrid. :( I am feeling better than i did yesterday though which is a relief. All i seem to be doing is drinking to flush this bug out of my system lol.

Hi Darkangel - i enjoy zumba on the wii. It's very similar to class except the only thing i would say is in class the people seem to keep you motivated to go for that bit longer because of the wonderful atmosphere. I am just as shattered after doing an hour class compared to half hour on the wii lol. I took it to a friends house last week and we did it as she wanted to see what it was like and now she's going to get her own copy as she loved it.

Well i rested this morning which was good and just what i needed. This afternoon we had to go into town to sort out the kids school uniform, school shoes, p.e kits, clothes for holiday in 2 weeks (hence we had to get the school uniform sorted now), suntan lotion etc. Spent a small fortune but also we did get a lot for our money which is good. Back home now to chill out some more and have a relaxing evening. x

Rest as much as you need to before hopping back onto the exercise. Honestly, I'd wait another day before I get moving again (though I would be tempted also) but with your ME... I strongly recommend waiting it out!! I'm sorry about that icky throat infection. :(

You are doing really well!!! Keep up the great work. :)

Hi guys,

Really struggling. I went a bit off track at the weekend what with feeling so rubbish and not being able to exercise. I find if i exercise then i don't want to eat junk so not being able to exercise has knocked me :-( I am off to the gym tonight so i am hoping that will help me get back on track with being good.

Weekend was really busy which wasn't ideal when i felt rubbish. Had to get the kids school uniforms on saturday as that was the only chance before we go on holiday in two weeks time as we're fully booked the next two weekends. Then sunday we had to go to see some friends as it was their youngest daughters birthday last week so we wanted to give her her birthday pressie. Then we had to take Josh back to my parents (they live an hour away) as he's staying there for a couple of weeks now the schools are on holiday so we can avoid paying extra on childcare.

How is everyone else today? x

Hi Rhi,
its a bit of a pain having to juggle everything like that isnt it, not getting time to think straight never mind find time for the gym etc, hope you manage to get a session in tonight or you could zumba around tesco while you shop:) it will all work out hun, we will all get there in the end.

Hope you are feeling better now Rhi? ...and manage some form of exercise, i like mzpiggy's suggestion of a zumba session in tesco :)

Phew, you are so busy, you will be in dire need of that holiday...think happy, holiday thoughts, deep breaths..and countdown to the big day!

Hi guys,

Really struggling. I went a bit off track at the weekend what with feeling so rubbish and not being able to exercise. I find if i exercise then i don't want to eat junk so not being able to exercise has knocked me :-( I am off to the gym tonight so i am hoping that will help me get back on track with being good.

Weekend was really busy which wasn't ideal when i felt rubbish. Had to get the kids school uniforms on saturday as that was the only chance before we go on holiday in two weeks time as we're fully booked the next two weekends. Then sunday we had to go to see some friends as it was their youngest daughters birthday last week so we wanted to give her her birthday pressie. Then we had to take Josh back to my parents (they live an hour away) as he's staying there for a couple of weeks now the schools are on holiday so we can avoid paying extra on childcare.

How is everyone else today? x

I am the EXACT same way about exercise motivating me to eat well. I get that mindset of "if I don't exercise then I won't lose weight no matter how healthy I eat."

Well, that mindset is not true!!! You will lose weight, though possibly more slowly, even if you can't exercise all the time.

So sorry you've felt so shattered. Take it easy if possible and don't exercise until you feel up to it. If you can, keep up the diet though, because that alone WILL help you shift the weight.

:hug99:

I am the EXACT same way about exercise motivating me to eat well. I get that mindset of "if I don't exercise then I won't lose weight no matter how healthy I eat."

Well, that mindset is not true!!! You will lose weight, though possibly more slowly, even if you can't exercise all the time.

So sorry you've felt so shattered. Take it easy if possible and don't exercise until you feel up to it. If you can, keep up the diet though, because that alone WILL help you shift the weight.

:hug99:
I agree with Miss F, you will still lose hun, im not exercising at all and im really pleased with my results im sure i would tone quicker and maybe even loss a little more some weeks if i did exercise, but not getting to the gym as much wont make you gain, we are so gony do this no matter how many times we come up against an obstacle, 'aint no stoppin us now...' we in the groove baby !

I totally agree with missF and mzpiggy :).....hey Rhi, when i lost over 5 stone a few years ago, i only ate sensibly, no exercise, gym etc etc, just walking to work and back 20 mins each day there and back for 5 days a week..and the weight still came off, so don't be worrying about any major exercise just now, you'll still be okay..honestly!

Thanks guys. You make a lot of sense. I guess i have lost weight in the past with no exercise so i can do it again.

Well i managed to be good all day yesterday. Also managed to go to an hours zumba class last night which was hard work as it was soooo hot but i kept telling myself that the pounds will be melting off me lol.

I also managed 30 minutes of zumba on the wii on tuesday night as hubby and i decided to go out for a meal instead of to the gym as we've not had one out together in a while. I was very proud of myself though as i ended up going for a grilled chicken and bacon salad.

Been very good this morning too. I was almost tempted to stop at the macdonalds on the way into work and pick up and sausage and egg mcmuffin but i managed to resist the temptation and made do with my shake instead.

I am hoping to try and do 30 minutes of zumba on the wii again when i get home from work and then got to paint some of my sons bedroom once my daughter goes to bed as we're trying to completely redecorate it with new bed and storage units etc before he gets back from my parents next thursday. We're at my parents saturday and sunday hence why we're having to do it in the evenings. So that will be a bit of exercise won't it?

No WI for me tonight as the hall is needed by the church :( Probably a good job though as i had put on 2lbs when i weighed myself last night on my scales. That was all down to me not following my plan last weekend due to me feeling rubbish. I will get that off this week!

I hope everyone else is well. x

Back