Here I go again.....

So feeling a little better today, went to put my wii fit scales away until my Tuesday weigh in but just had one quick look and omg I've put 3lbs on, how can this be possible on 600 calories?! I'm frustrated and know it could be because I'm due totm and this is my bad time but I'm really worried I'm doing something wrong. I'm not giving up and I'm sure it will come good but just worried it's something I'm doing wrong x

It really is not possible to put weight on eating only 600 calories. I totally think the weight is water retention. And, the best way to get rid of water....drink more water! Make sure you are drinking your 4 litres of water and, if you are adding salt to any of the packs stop. Salt will make you retain water.

Oh I do put salt on the sweet n sour which is my favourite, I will stop that and try 4 instead of the 3 litres I have been having. Thanks Sadie x

Yep cut the salt and up the water. Wii fit scales are the most accurate either. I've known to step on and off and get different weights. I have electronic ones linked to my Fitbit but also go to boots too get weighed (obsessed much!)
Get a tape measure too and start tracking your inches.
Glad you're feeling better x

So my partner came home from a business trip last night and brought us an Indian home for dinner, he had made a good choice for me which was chicken tikka and salad. It was really lovely, couldn't eat it all and it's 11am and I'm still full so I'm hoping this hasn't knocked me out of ketosis. I don't feel guilty which I really thought I would but I enjoyed it and am still in the Exante zone so hopefully I haven't done too much harm for weigh in on Tuesday (I'm not weighing until then, no sneaky peaking!)! I had a really bad day at work and normally I would turn to chocolate so feel like that's a small victory.

Hope everyone is having a nice Easter so far xxx

Last edited:
Chicken tikka is fine Hun. You are in a better place than me as I'd have wanted madras sauce and all the extras so well done!
I weigh in on Tuesday's too - I would so love 5lb this week so it makes it a stone in 2 weeks but I feel I'm being ambitious! I have had a sneak and it shows 2lb off since Tuesday so far.....but I guess things can change quickly.

You told me no peaking!!! I lost 5 in my second week so very doable. I'm dreading weight in I have and have always suffered so terribly with my periods and that's why I think this weeks isn't going to plan, haven't been on the scales again but with eating last night and the 3lbs the scales showed yesterday I'm not hopeful. Think I could cope with a sts but dreading a plus as I have (apart from the tikka) stuck to it 100% and this is my add food week which I haven't done. A bit confused but see what Tuesday brings. Glad to have a weight day buddy x

I know ..... Sorry but the kids were messing around on the scales so I jumped on. I'm not now til Tuesday though as hope they'll shift a bit more.
I think going forward I'm just going to expect a sts when it's TOTM as its just horrific all round. So if you do or even a little gain it will drop straight off the following week no bother. Look how far you've come now!! Think positively X

Thanks MrsN! I think I will end up with a gain on Tuesday, not sure why just the totm and the chicken tikka I guess but I know if it's a gain that I have done really well and been 100% I'm ready for it but I know my mind can take over and be like oh sod it it's not worth it! I've lost 2 stone since Christmas and this has been my sticking point for the last few years so I have to get past this 2 stone! X

Chicken tikka shouldn't cause a gain - put it down to TOTM if you have and just forget about it. I know there will be weeks when I may sts or gain but I think if you look at the overall loss then you'll feel better about it.
Did you take any measurements yet? I'm doing those monthly.
I feel really hungry tonight - and it's just dawned on me I've not even had 2 litres of water yet so presume that's why.

I agree, take measurements and weigh yourself less.
I'm like you and weigh myself too often, my weights goes up and down like a yoyo.

Scales are evil!

I have taken measurements and plan to do so once a month, wish I could weigh just once a month! That would be great! Thanks again ladies x

I know you'd be mega pleased if it was just one weigh in per month. I know somebody that does that.

My OH has taken the scales away from me this week to stop my jumping on them daily. We all know we should be looking at the overall picture, but it is hard. IF there is any gain this week put it down to TOTM (and any added salt that has snook into packs) and move on :)

Been painting since 9am (decorating my cloakroom today) and still got another coat of the metallic paint to do, it's called dazzle its like a purple really pleased it's pretty! Only one pack and one litre of water so far. Got to wait 4 hours til I can do another coat so need to drink loads of water now x

Last edited:
Need to do something to keep me occupied! Planning on doing the en suite tomorrow which is mostly tiled so shouldn't take half as long x

Wow, you are a busy bee Bex. The Dazzle sounds really nice. Purples are my fave, our shower room is in purple and lilac. My OH isn't too keen but I love it :D

Back