Here we go again!!!

Hi Milli
I'm doing great - can't believe how 'easy' it is to get back onto packs, no withdrawal symptoms, no feeling hungry!

I'm having 3 packs and 1 meal (LLL really i suppose)

I thought i'd be picking as i can have real food once a day, but i'm not, its great

fingers crossed it lasts.

just been to the pub for a soda water and ice and a black coffee, again absolutley fine

i just hope the weight comes off nearly as fast as total abstinence as I really need to get back into my work trousers!

well done to you - here's to day 5

Poppy and others - how are you all doing?

daisy x

I'm really happy you're doing well Daisy!! :D Makes me happy to read you're finding it easier than expected - LL Lite sort of plan I think does work - I remember being ecstatic when I was doing it too. It didn't feel like a 'diet' at all! :p
And theoretically if you keep below 850 calories per day on this sort of eating plan your losses will be very close to what they would be on 'abstinence' as you are still in ketosis. The state of ketosis starts to break above that calorie count, and as long as you stay off anything starchy, sugary and "carby" - then you're ok. :)

Did you get a Lite booklet for a list of foods which you're allowed? The range is quite large and RTM booklets aren't a good source for this information.

x

You seem to be doing really well Daisy - are you going to class or just soing it yourself?
I tried doing it myself a few weeks ago but wasn't quite strong enough so decided to do a 4 week refresher - going well now - was really hungry on wed night and had a few headaches but now I feel great. You don't have very much to lose do you so LLL is probably the best way - I am going to try to lose what I have put on and another stone as I should have done had I not gone to Dubai last time!
How are you doing thin_inside - hope it is getting a bit easier ? Are you doing a class or on your own? I think the support for me is quite important but it works differently for everyone doesn't it.
I am sure you will get there though - you know you can do it - you did great last time.
Hope everyone has a good weekend - I 'm off to the manu v liverpool game(liverpool end) so I am really excited (it is a xmas pressie for my hubby which is a pressie for me too!).
Take care
Milli x

Going okay Daisy! I've done very well - I did steal just one crisp of the baby last night - that's better than the night before!! LOL I'm being positive and praising myself and not giving myself a hard time. The woman in work is still making it difficult, but I put my audio typing headphones on yesterday and said "I'm not even thinking about food" and completely ignored her if she did start chatting about it, which she did A LOT!!

I'm not saying that I haven't wanted to eat/drink (some nights very desperately!), but I've not done it and have realised that if I can get to 8pm, then it usually passes and I just have a black coffee and go to bed. I do miss the fourth pack that we had on LL - it was something that I looked forward to before bed.

So, I am deciding still whether to have a drink possibly tonight/tomorrow with a protein meal - I'll make the choice later I think. I've been reading Gillian Riley's book 'Willpower', which is fab - basically it's all my choice and down to my will - it's a lot more to it that than obviously, but makes so much sense. The world's not going to end if I decide not to be massively strict - one of my issues is that I can be very all or nothing - well I don't need to be - I can do this and will do it, but maybe in a slightly different way than last time.

Just popping on to say well done girls. Great to hear you are going well.

Like you Poppy, I have those 'all or nothing' tendencies. I have found myself with worse habitats than pre-LL. I was spending several days bingeing, really bingeing, and then the next few days eating next to nothing. Since Christmas the bingeing sessions have become more prolonged and the weight has piled on. I am really scared at how fast I can gain weight.

I overate before LL, but not like this. I have to tackle it or my future life will be hell and it will affect the kids too. I am in day 2 of abstinence and doing fine so far. Busy tomorrow so hoping I will get to Sunday without noticing. Next wi on Tues.

xx

hi there
well i have managed to blow up my bt homehub box - smoke and everything yesterday, so i couldn't get online.

they are replacing it on tuesday so til then i may not be able to get online!

my neighbours are on at the moment and i have piggybacked on to their unsecured connection, but i could disappear at any time!

i had a bit of a blip yesterday - at work someone bought in these really expensive and toatally gorgeous chilli and lime dark chocolates - and i had some.

it didn't lead to a blow out tho and i had my little prawn and spinach tea as planned and shake.

today i'm off to aerobics in a bit then braving a weigh in - first since jan and i think 10lbs heavier.

hope everyone else is doimg ok

daisy x

OOPS Just realised this thread is in the main forum - i thought id originally posted it in the maintenance bit!!!:eek::eek:

apologies to any one on full abstinence reading about food - i will try and get it moved!!!!

daisy x

cheers hun!
x

so, i went for my weigh in....11lbs on :-(
but it was expected so not going to beat myself up about it!

LLL going OK. My LLC not given me any info tho as i am doing it alone using up old packs

So a couple of questions...

can i have eggs?

is it 800 or 850 cals i'm aiming for?

how much dairy and does this include yoghurts (if so what kind),cheese or just milk?

cheers
daisy x

hi there
i still have no internet connection, it's driving me mad!
i am getting on OK with LLL - (thanks to Foxtrot!) and finding it quite stress free tbh

i'm off to london tomorrow for a conference at westminster. staying in a lovely posh hotel, meal out tomorrow night, lunch following day so will be interesting to see how i cope.

i am planning on doing shakes & bars mostly but eating the two meals and sticking as much as possible to the plan as the menu allows - wish me luck!

hope everyone else is getting on OK

daisy x

still not got proper connection which is driving me mad!

just got back from a seminar in westminster - stayed in a gorgeous hotel with complimentary wine, fruit and lots and lots of expensive chocolates. Ate the food, but bought the wine home.

so two days making wrong decisions - but back on track tomorrow.

how's everyone else doing?

daisy x

Got a really good book for you Daisy...this Gillian Riley 'Willpower' one...makes so much sense. Will tell you more tomorrow if you are interested, but think I might be off packs if things carry on the way they have been....not losing weight mega fast, but certainly not putting it on and more in control of my eating.

at last - I have my internet properly back on - that has been the longest week ever!

well after my days away in London I have managed to get back on track. I went to see my LLC yesterday and I have decided to do the refocus module for a month.

LLL was working, but I'm going away at the weekend and I know from London that in that sort of environment I will go off the rails again so have decided to go back on packs for 4 weeks then move over to LLL to lose the last few llbs.

it also works well as I break up for easter for a fortnight - another trigger time being off work and with all the chocolate easter eggs about too I have decided to distance myself completely by being fully abstinence.

I know its hiding away, avoiding the issues somewhat, but I will face those demons another time, I just want to concentrate on getting back in my happy weight box.

so thats me - how are the rest of you getting on

poppy - have you finished the book, was it worth the read?

daiys x

Hi Poppy & Daisy, et al

Good on you for refocussing and taking action before any real damage can be done. Hat's off to you for deciding on full abstinence again as well, that's something that I don't want to do myself, not because it isn't easy and effective, but actually because it is (if you know what I mean).

So I'm ~ 1st heavier tham my lightest 11 months ago, but I'm eating & drinking 'normally', whatever and whenever. However the big change in me is that I now recognise when I feel I've put a bit of weight on and step up the exercise, reduce the snacks (whatever it takes). OK so it's a slog at times, and a pain to think it can take weeks to drop what LL let me do in days, but overall I believe it's a healthier way of living.

Anyhow, come on Ladies. Summer's just around the corner (once the snow finally gives in), and warm days feeling good about yourselves and comfortable around food will be well worth the little effort now.

TTFN :)

well - the title of the thread says it all!

I didn't do the whatever it was i intended on doing the last time i posted and at my last weigh in on saturday i was 10.4.

OH DEAR!

Thing is I actually feel really good at the moment. I'm doing at least 3 classes at the gym each week as well as hill walking at the weekend, I even went for a jog/run for an hour the last two fridays whilst my daughter was at dance class- so am feeling fitter and more energised than I have done for ages!

But the scales are still going in the wrong direction - even accounting for the small amount of muscle I might be gaining.

So I do need to get back on track food wise.

After speaking with my LLC she gave me the booklet that you have to do when you introduce food after doing the refocus module.

She has suggested I follow it over 20 days to see if that makes difference, as I really don't want to go back onto abstinence as I want to keep up with excercising and I really didn't have the energy for more than a gentle swim when I was on it before.

Anyway, thats where I am as of now....

Oh, and the LLC has put my name forward for the magazine along with 3 others - for doing the Yorkshire 3 Peaks the other weekend. I'm sure it won't come to anything but its quite nice to think she thinks its worth celebrating (I'd have to sort myself out if I did get asked, lol!)

daisy x

Hi Daisy

I ordered Exante packs today. Got to do something. Like you I am doing loads of exercise and feeling fit, but gone from size 10 to 14 and now feeling the effect in confidence, enthusiasm, energy levels, appearance etc etc.

I have tried LL again since Jan and managed 10 days twice but I need something different. I didn't like the classes any more as the faces were forever changing with new introductions and we never seemed to really get to the CBT stuff. I do need to think it all through again though. I have developed a really bad sugar addiction and binges are becoming the norm.

Here's to our success!

Go for it girls. Good luck. Nice to see you
xxxxx

Hi Daisy hope you are doing OK.

I got my packs today so will be setting off on an Exante journey for a few weeks. Wish me well. xx

well its all going OK so far

day 1: 3 packs, fish and veg
day 2: 3 packs, fish curry and 2 fruit plus 200ml milk
day 3: did another day 2 today

I did another day 2 today as it introduces the food really quickly as its only 10 days rather than the 12 weeks RTM

Im going to try and stick to doing 2 days on each stage instead of 1, but if I feel I need to move to the next day I will.

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see how I'm doing on the scales.

I did an aerobics class on saturday, triple class on sunday and one on tuesday so am having a rest today.

Have you started the exante yet?
daisy x

Back