Here we go again!!!

hi min
thanks for that! I agree it is a bit silly to be obsessing over a stone - however, part of the reason is down to the fact i can't get into most of my clothes!

i have resigned myself to not getting back into the size 6 and 8s of last summer - i really don't feel the need to get back down into them, however i would like to wear my size 10s without the buttons popping off.

conventional methods.... hmmm....
well, i have spent the last 20 or so years doing ww, sw,slim fast etc etc etc - and every time without fail i spent my whole time trying to cheat the system - losing a pound, then celebrating by having a chinese or bar of chocolate. saving all my points to have cake or wine

LL is the only thing that has ever worked.

and it works quickly.

I know in a month i will have lost the stone.

What i need to get my head round is the re-introduction of food - and then sticking to the healthy eating.

each time i do it i am getting better - i think i am just a slow learner!
Hopefully this time i will do better again- who knows eventually i might even learn to maintain within a few pounds of my goal.

the christmas deadline is just something to work towards - i need a goal and that seemed about a good distance away!

you are spot on about strangers tho, yes, no-one would guess i used to be bmi33 (unless they saw me with no clothes on, lol!) I went to a party and when i saw the photos of me i was surprised i don't look huge at all - my mirror is tricking me!

I have done 4 days now and feel so much better already - not bloated and lethargic anymore.

LL for me is the way i'm losing this stone - rightly or wrongly, it seems the only way i can lose weight is to withdraw from food completely. I just hope i have learned my lessons from gaining the weight since finishing RTM as I really would lovenot to have to do this again.

I appreciate you being so blunt Min its good to hear what sometimes I try and ignore.

Hope you are getting on OK
Daisy x

conventional methods.... hmmm....
well, i have spent the last 20 or so years doing ww, sw,slim fast etc etc etc - and every time without fail i spent my whole time trying to cheat the system - losing a pound, then celebrating by having a chinese or bar of chocolate. saving all my points to have cake or wine

LL is the only thing that has ever worked.

and it works quickly.

I know in a month i will have lost the stone.

Well this is the problem, isn't it. I've learnt through my life that things worth soemthing are worth waiting for. Too many dieters lose faith too soon. Hell, if we lost faith in ourselves after about 4 weeks, where would we be? Not just in diets, but in LIFE. Would you give up raising a baby when they got a bit tedious after having one? No. Diets are the same.

I've had my wobbles after the regain, I'm on week 9 (I think? I've lost count) of the 'conventional method' and I've lost loads. Of course there are days I feel like saying 'feck it' and I do, but in a controlled way.

The re-introduction of food is understandably worrying. A state of food deprivation promotes mental and bodily exhaustion and desperation for nutrition - which BUILDS UP. I myself have felt it. You have too. Everyone on LL "inexplicably can't stop eating" especially in the first few weeks of RTM. There's a reason for that.

The 'celebration' over the loss is where you're going wrong, obviously, at this point. Who's to say that after you lose that stone on LL this time, you won't go out and 'celebrate' again? Change this mentality first. The fact that you can and did lose the weight should be celebration enough. That's it.

I mean, come on, I've been seeing you struggle with this for ages now, I know *I'm the one to talk* but, dude.... seriously! LL is a punishment for your body, not a cure, only to be reserved for the most drastic cases where we can truly see no other option.

If you do what I'm doing you'll lose that stone by Christmas 100% guaranteed. -_- ... without being hungry, fuzzy, lethargic and most importantly without depriving your body and mind of much needed food - so that it does not build up into chaos afterwards! When I lose all that I would like to lose, all I have to do is eat a bit more at meal times and that's it. Easy - without having to plan meticulous portions, what I 'can' or 'can't' have etc...

BL came to a very wise decision when she decided that she'd had enough of LL. I think you need to start taking control of your 'inner child' - the one who screams 'that's it now!!' after about 3-4 weeks of 'conventional' methods. They do work. Just need that little bit of patience.

you are probably right min

i just 'need' a quick result or i won't do it - i have been trying now since xmas really, calorie counting etc i do ok for a while then become complacent stop trying - i'm just too lazy i reckon.

i am realising this though and am taking my head out of the sand gradually.

i am impatient. i know that this is a lifetime change i want, not just a quick fix.

I want to get back to the 'level playing field' again - not 8.4 as i was, but just my 'happy weight'

and then I WILL stick to it - I'm sick of all this dieting. I just want to eat 'normally' - and I am gradually realising that normal for me isn't the same as 'normal' for everyone else.

2000 calories average woman is not me.

I'm 5 1" - not average, but i have ignored this as my inner child wants to have 2000 calories a day. why shouldn't i - thats what i should be allowed
hmmm, life isn't fair, lol!

i agree LL is drastic - but I'm only planning on doing a few weeks, probably 4, and then that is it.
i actually find it really easy - and if i do feel ill i will stop, it was only after 5 months last time i felt a bit dizzy from time to time so i reckon 4 weeks will be fine.

if i can't sort it out this time I will have to go back to 'conventional' ways - and i as know they don't work I WILL make this work

I will always have a 'problem/struggle' with my weight, I know that.

I just feel as if I'm so much closer than I have been before, I really want to give it another shot!

I intend to monitor/diary food after to begin with then hopefully put into practice everything i know i should and not get myself this far out of my comfort zone again.

i need to know when to pull back - i put on 5lbs then think 'sod it, ive failed' and continue to overeat instead of thinking of it as a warning and cut back - its just how to break the cycle. I have been doing the same thing for years!

I have just read the quote at the bottom of your signature - i hadn't seen it before. its a very true statement

daisy x

I have made sure you're 100% clear about your goal. You are determined, like an IRON WOMAN! YAY! That's good. It's what I wanted to hear. I didn't mean to attack you - the attacks on your view probably solidified your resolve because now you have that little bit to prove. It's a healthy 'competitive' factor, you are no longer proving 'it to anyone everyone' but you are also proving it to yourself too. You can do it, there is no doubt. You are going to achieve this. :)

The realisation that 'normal' eating does not apply to everyone equally is painful. It took me months, years to accept. I can't eat like everyone else, I can't touch certain things. It's a devastating feeling. Like a death of something/someone you'd always known. Maybe over the last year you felt the grief for that loss.

It's time to let go.

I wish you all the best.
xx

cheers min

don't worry, i don't feel attacked!

it was good to put forward those points - all which are exactly right, but all of which i can justify but it was good to have to do so and has made me realise I am determined this time!

iron woman - thats me! tee hee

i think you are right about the accepting that i can't have stuff is hard. It is sooooooooo unfair - but there is absolutely no point in me keep whinging about that fact. That's just the way it is - i just wish i had realised it when i was your age - i might be sorted by now!

thanks for your posts - as always, they give me much to think about!

x

weigh in morning (home) - have lost 4.5lbs this week!
I'm getting there.
Daisy x

Great stuff Daisy. You are on your way again xx

Back