heres hoping - Jennys weight loss diary

jennybeth79

Silver Member
well ive started exante today and ive tried lipotrim before... Im a successful yo yo dieter meaning that yet again I am still heavy after years of trying... heres hoping I can shift some weight this time

Have you looked at where you went wth your food behaviour after the Lipotrim and tried to analyse why you went back to your old ways Jenny? Did you complete the refeed programme?

Sometimes keeping a diary or blog can help with this, and I also think it's essential to reintroduce food on a proper regulated "bit-at-a-time" basis.

Apart from that, welcome & good luck. You live in the same town as me.......:)

I didnt manage to do lipotrim for that long didnt refeed and then put any pounds Id lost back on I then did alsorts and kept loosing bits of weight with each diet till I got to 17st 2 which was great and then my wedding dress was way too big so I stopped caring and put weight back on so I cud fit it. Then since the wedding and xmas Ive just gone back to eating rubbish and not caring so ive found myself back in the 20s again.... really dont like being this big and certainly do not want to go on my honeymoon this big especially as I threw all my bigger clothes away and I dont want to buy them again

Hello Jenny,

Of course we will all be rooting for you.

Now I don't have to tell you that whether Lipotrim, Cambridge, Exante or any other VLCD out there, if you follow the plan 100% then you WILL lose weight. You have done that before, you know that.
Now a VLCD is just a way to safely shed weight rapidly. The real work starts once you get to the stage when you need to form a new relationship with food/drink.

Jenny, I sincerely am not trying to be judgemental or hurtful in any way and if anything the words I have written here are just as much (if not more) for my benefit.

Let us both get there and this time next year, still be here keeping each other on the straight and narrow and break the string on that Yo-Yo :D

Love Myr xxx

There's your answer then. :)

It may sound harsh but losing weight is only half the battle, keeping it off is sometimes just as hard, or even harder!

VLCD is a great tool to get to where you want to be relatively quickly, but personally I believe that it's vital that you also try to stand back and have a really good, long, critical look at yourself while you're doing it, work out what triggered you to get so big in the first place and use the absence of food to really work on your head so that you don't go straight back to where you were when you finish.

I think you have to get to a certain mindset to do well on any diet, and that is the point where you realise that you have lost yourself in amongst all the blubber and you really don't want to be that fat person any more. The real you is in there somewhere, let her out to enjoy life again!

thanks Myr I really hope to try and break my food demons by having a break from making food decissions for a while and keeping away from it all. I have had a terrible problem with binge eating and secret eating for no apparent reason at all so I hope by removing the food I will be able to retrain myself I think last time I tried it with the wedding coming up I just cudnt get my head round it but Im hoping this time I will.

Wishing you all the best in your journey:fingerscrossed:. I am about to finish Day 3 and there seems to be a few of us out there that have started at the same time xXx

Hi and welcome Jenny,

I can only second what Myr and Yambabe have said.
Good luck hun.

Shaz x

I have had a terrible problem with binge eating and secret eating for no apparent reason at all.

Bless you Jenny and I can so relate to this. And I used to think it was for no reason too!

I have only now started to understand my issues. I can remember over too many years binging on crisps and chocolate. Not just one bag and one modest bar either but family packs and would stop only when I felt sick then hide or destroy the evidence. As I have tried to look back to try and understand I came to realise it was a mix of eating for comfort and as a treat.
When little (many moons ago) Saturday nights my Mum would always buy my brother and I a packet of crisps and a bar of chocolate. If unwell it would be lucozade, chocolate and a plate of mashed potato and gravy - add minced meat and it becomes shepherds/cottage pie.
Little wonder that I have spent most of my 53 years viewing food/drink not as a fuel to keep my body functioning, but something that will hug me when I need cheering up or a medicine for when I feel ill, or a reward for when I have done well, or a treat, just because it is Saturday night.

Couple all that with an ignorant diet of mostly high carbs, no idea of portion control (nor do chain restaurants who pile the chips on the plate to fill it up :mad: - and of course to leave food on your plate is not only wasteful but there are millions of people starving so you are also ungrateful) or calorie content and you have me. :eek:

Crikey, I feel like I have just joined AA. - "My name is Myr and I am a carboholic...."
Perhaps I will go there next!:D

Love Myr xxx

:) I definately relate to this..

I actually believe my mum started my secret eating come to think about it. She was always on a diet ( in fact she still is) and we would have treats that only me and mum knew about and she'd say not to tell dad... it was our special time together and even now we share a weight problem.

Once I went to high school and had freedom to take myself to school I would eat really healthy all day in front of people or not at all as I didnt want people to think I was fat becoz I ate alot and then on the walk home I would go into different shops along the way and buy small amounts at each stop and hide the wraps before I got home.

As an adult I wouldnt say Ive really changed only now I can buy family sized stuff and seemingly be taking them home for the family but i eat stuff one by one even when I feel sick and dont eant it then hide the wrappers away. On work days Im so scared of starting to feel hungry while Im at work ( eg.dizzy/sick empty feeling where you start to feel like the rooms spinning and you sweat) on the way I find myself filling u with bags of chocolate to ensure it doesnt happen.... I hate this about myself and it needs to stop....

At least you can see it for what it is Jenny. The first step to breaking the cycle is to recognise that there IS a cycle.....;)

:)

On work days Im so scared of starting to feel hungry while Im at work ( eg.dizzy/sick empty feeling where you start to feel like the rooms spinning and you sweat) on the way I find myself filling up with bags of chocolate to ensure it doesnt happen....

Oh Jenny, that is not hunger sweetheart, that dizzy, sick empty etc; feelings happens when our bodies have a dip in blood sugar.
If we eat something like chocolate that is high in refined carbohydrates we get a 'quick fix' as in a rapid rise of blood sugar, very quickly though our blood sugar levels will drop and quite often it will drop lower than it was before we had the 'fix'. When it has dipped low, we may then experience the dizziness, shakes, cold sweats etc; how do we fix this? more sugar, but if again we follow the same pattern of more unrefined carbs then we enter a vicious circle.

Anyway as Yambabe says and as you have written, you can see the patterns now and understand a lot of the reasons of why you have had a complicated relationship with eating. With an understanding and wanting to change, you are on the right path.

Love Myr xxx

There is always a reason, even if you don't realise at the time.

Best of luck with it. :)

Oh Jenny, that is not hunger sweetheart, that dizzy, sick empty etc; feelings happens when our bodies have a dip in blood sugar.
If we eat something like chocolate that is high in refined carbohydrates we get a 'quick fix' as in a rapid rise of blood sugar, very quickly though our blood sugar levels will drop and quite often it will drop lower than it was before we had the 'fix'. When it has dipped low, we may then experience the dizziness, shakes, cold sweats etc; how do we fix this? more sugar, but if again we follow the same pattern of more unrefined carbs then we enter a vicious circle.

Thanks for that... my one fear from starting exante and doing it 100% was that all of the above would happen and id have to feel like it...

I really dreaded it but if its the sugar doing it too me fingers crossed ill be ok

It would be vital to break that habit, you're probably insulin resistant by now.

You may have a couple of days like that, TBH - days 2-5 can be a bit of a killer as you suffer carb withdrawal. At least one of those days will be lightheaded and you might feel a bit stoned, but it'll pass as your body adjusts. So if you do feel a bit 'off' PLEASE don't reach for the chocolate - have a coffee, maybe a painkiller, and sit it out. Otherwise you'll be perpetuating the sugar high - body releases a flood of insulin to deal with it - sugar crash - dizzy - reach for the refined carbs - sugar high cycle.

It'll be worth it in the end :)

Back