Here's to getting the old me back!

Liking your Avatar pic Gem xxx Cool shades :cool::cool: xx
Ask - I LOVE the nautical skirt. The shorts are cute too, but I wouldn't dare wear them.

Not sure what it is about my outfit today but three different people have today told me I'm "getting too thin". Gah!

Irony is at WI last night I'd gained two pounds! I'm putting it down to PMT...

Why does it bother people that I'm slim?

Just saw your pic, the one in the bathroom...you look amazing!!!

It's not really about others it's about how you feel, I'm sure they dont mean it in a bad way, but its probably due to your massive weight loss and in such a short space of time. Sounds like they are so used to the old spanglymum and cant quite get used to the new one!!

You've done so well, a real inspiration to us newbies, I dont think you all know what an inspiration your diaries are and the support you give mean to the ones who are just starting their LL journey, like me ;)

So thank you to all you experienced LL ladies is what I say!! :D

Oooh Spangly,
This one comes up for everyone. There are lots of possible reasons.
As Sean said, sometimes we DO lose a little too much
People get jealous, especailly those who try unsuccessfully to lose weight
We sometimes have "friends" who enjoy having a fat friend
We have so much more energy we sometimes look tired
It takes a while for our bodies to adjust. Sometimes the face looks a little gaunt for a while
We don't sleep very well -it's too exciting and the brain won't switch off

That'll do for starters !! xxx

Hey spangly havent spoke to you in a while!!! hope ur well x

Oh I find that 'you're too slim' thing amusing-people just LOVE to say it and its definitely down to people being so used to categorising you looking one way and then quite suddenly you look another. Our LLC was saying that subconsciously we all size others up and place them-like 'my friend and mum are slightly bigger than me but my sister has always been slimmer' They do this too and suddenly you step out of their organised placement for you in that list and so you seem abnormal, and not right.

This is unless you ARE too slim, but I'm pretty sure if u were in unhealthy BMI as underweight then your LLC would be concerned.

Next time just smile and say 'thanks' and keep smiling xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, had a tough few days there. DH hasn't been able to walk very well at all, or drive, so I took Thursday and Friday off to look after him and the girls. Got into a bit of a self-pity spiral on Friday night and had a bit of a binge. Not good. I told my LLC about it though and she's been brilliant - given me some "homework" to do before group tomorrow so we can look at this before it gets out of control. Really worried my weight is going to creep back up, and it will do unless I stop acting out from time to time! Madness :rolleyes:.

Back at work today. DH's leg seems to be on the mend and we now have a downstairs loo so he doesn't have to try to go up and down the stairs all the time during the day. Hope he's managing ok. His Mum is coming down tomorrow for a week as it's our 10th wedding anniversary on Sunday and we're having a vow renewal service and big family party. I tried on my outfit last night as I was worried with this creeping weight gain that it wouldn't fit but it's fine :D.

Hey lovely you have had a tough time of it lately! So nice to hear you are renewing your vows and having a party, what a fantastic release for you. I really hope the weather is good and brill news about the outfit I am sure you will look amazing!

You are such an inspiration to me in many ways xx

:love047:Don't worry Spangly, you haven't lost the plot. It's just that we've programmed ourselves over a long time to seek comfort in food when the going gets tough. It's bound to take time to unlearn the behaviour. You are aware of the dangers of slipping back. I know you'll be fine, and it sounds as though you have a good LLC.
I',m glad your OH is a little improved , downstairs loo should make life easier for him.
I hope you are looking forward to your celebration next week-end.
What's your outfit like? will there be people there who haven't seen the new slim you?
I remember I went to a work reunion soon after I got to my goal. Some people I hadn't seen for 20 years. Someone said " you've hardly changed" ! I thought - if only you knew.............
Enjoy your anniversary celebration.
:love047:

Spangly!!!!! its been a while. Thtas lovely you and DH are renewing your vows.. have a lovely 10th anniversary too. just a quickie.... how long did it take u to loose 5 and half stone.... WOWOWOWOW hugs x

Hiya spangly. Enjoy your anniversary celebrations Hun xoxo:-Dxoxo

Hiya, Gem. I started LLT on 11 Sept last year. Did the 14 weeks, then another 3 of abstinence. Then had to go on to Lite to lose the last few pounds (which were by far the hardest!) as my BMI was under 25 by that point. Hope this helps!

Had a brilliant group last night. Turned out we were all struggling so our LLC had set up an exercise for us all to do, reflecting on how far we've come since the start of LL. Had to take our 'before' photos with us. Was pretty inspirational, actually! It's easy to get into a downward spiral once you've had a lapse, but she was reminding us that a blip is just a blip and it's best to leave it in the past and move on. We've all changed our behaviours for the better most of the time, and occasional mistakes don't mean we have failed. We just need to learn and move on.

Hope I can actually do it!

Mother in law and her partner are down for a week and arrived yesterday. They've been really lovely - doing loads of chores etc for me so I don't have to do everything!! Makes me feel a bit guilty that I'm not being a good hostess though. DH just can't do anything really and I'm quite worn out to be honest. It's lovely to have someone sharing the load a bit even if I do feel bad about it. DH was weird last night: didn't want me going to group. I know his mum is here but it was really important to me to go to group this week and reconnect with what I'm trying to achieve here, and I'm glad I went.

Slenda - I never replied to your question about our party. Yes, there will be a LOT of people there who haven't seen me since I lost the weight. I'm quite excited about it actually! Will let you all know how it goes!!

You sound like you're in a better place, so pleased about that chick. Sounds like a great exercise to do with your group xx

Really frustrated and want to let off steam. Have got pretty used to needing to do most chores these days as DH is unwell. I also know that I am a bit controlling and so struggle with letting things go and delegating outside a work context (fine with this at work). Anyway struggling this week. So far the following has happened: mother in law panicking about arrangements for my daughter's birthday party, which she originally suggested (and insisted she would 'take care of') so the children would be out of the house while I prepare the food for our party (really great idea in fact and kindly meant) and now everyone seems to want me to sort out (i am resisting leaping in to sort out but everyone is getting very snippy with me because I haven't), tree in garden (anniversary gift - and lovely idea in theory) being planted in centre of lawn, ruining grass and view, because DH booked gardener for a time I was at work and he went out to shopping mall leaving my (elderly) mum to supervise, and my mum 'didn't like to tell them it was wrong', daughter has thrown out loads of good toys (including some favourites which we've had to retrieve from the refuse bin as she got really upset when she realised!) because mother in law was 'helping' her tidy her room and 'didn't think I needed to watch what she was throwing out' (daughter has only just turned six this week), our two new cats going missing because back door left open by gardener, no one checked house properly and turns out thankfully that they were in fact hiding behind the desk, but unbelievably upsetting and stressful and everyone just sitting there having cake when I got home from work leaving me to run round neighbours etc and eventually locate the cats in the house after all while everyone sits there blithely unconcerned that they may have gone (actually laughing and joking about it!!!), been up twice w DH tonight (continence and pain issues), twice with youngest not sleeping, and once with eldest falling out of bed (!).

This probably sounds hilarious to read back but blimey it's tough. I am really struggling, tired, frustrated and angry :-(.

Last edited:
Actually feel hugely better for writing that lot down. I sound like Victor Meldrew! But honestly, what a week!

Pluses? Am on holiday for next two weeks (will be nice as long as I manage not to throttle any of my family!!), have lovely weekend planned, and actually am lucky to be surrounded by so many people who do care and do mean well.

Ah. That's better! :)

Spanglymum said:
Really frustrated and want to let off steam. Have got pretty used to needing to do most chores these days as DH is unwell. I also know that I am a bit controlling and so struggle with letting things go and delegating outside a work context (fine with this at work). Anyway struggling this week. So far the following has happened: mother in law panicking about arrangements for my daughter's birthday party, which she originally suggested (and insisted she would 'take care of') so the children would be out of the house while I prepare the food for our party (really great idea in fact and kindly meant) and now everyone seems to want me to sort out (i am resisting leaping in to sort out but everyone is getting very snippy with me because I haven't), tree in garden (anniversary gift - and lovely idea in theory) being planted in centre of lawn, ruining grass and view, because DH booked gardener for a time I was at work and he went out to shopping mall leaving my (elderly) mum to supervise, and my mum 'didn't like to tell them it was wrong', daughter has thrown out loads of good toys (including some favourites which we've had to retrieve from the refuse bin as she got really upset when she realised!) because mother in law was 'helping' her tidy her room and 'didn't think I needed to watch what she was throwing out' (daughter has only just turned six this week), our two new cats going missing because back door left open by gardener, no one checked house properly and turns out thankfully that they were in fact hiding behind the desk, but unbelievably upsetting and stressful and everyone just sitting there having cake when I got home from work leaving me to run round neighbours etc and eventually locate the cats in the house after all while everyone sits there blithely unconcerned that they may have gone (actually laughing and joking about it!!!), been up twice w DH tonight (continence and pain issues), twice with youngest not sleeping, and once with eldest falling out of bed (!).

This probably sounds hilarious to read back but blimey it's tough. I am really struggling, tired, frustrated and angry :-(.

Aw Spangly, I just want to give you a big hug! Your description doesn't sound funny to me, really just sounds very stressful! You have done so well to maintain control, I think I would have left everyone to it and would have been found at the local Maccies!

I'm glad that you have some time off now, but please make sure you plan jn some time for yourself doing whatever YOU enjoy. Also keep posting o'n here, I'm sure everyone like me loves reading your diary and seeing how you get on, xxx

Hey spangly your diary is an inspiration to me in many ways! I certainly didnt laugh I found myself feeling quite annoyed for you, I suppose it's difficult when family come and stay and I guess they don't want to muscle in on your territory and take over either which you then found yourself picking up all the aftermath of the little situations which arose! The problem being lots of little things turn onto a weight on your shoulders, hence you feeling the way you do now! Or did feel should I say, you seemed to come out of it quickly which is why this forum is a godsend to many of us for venting.

Have a fabulous weekend delegate to the family that's the only way you will get to relax and enjoy it along with your family!! Xxx

Back