Here's to getting the old me back!

I've never gone back to having bread. I realised my system is much happier without it. I can still enjoy the fantastic smell without any calories!
I suspect your tummy turbulence could be related to anxiety about your OH though. You are doing so well Spangly.
Who's there for you? You are the lynch pin in all of this for all your family. I hope you've got some support too. xx

Hi Spangly, glad to hear your OH is hopefully feeling a little better and is at least back home. Hang in there, you are strong and you are doing your best for him. Just remember to stop for a moment every once in a while and have a few seconds to yourself. Find some inner calmness within the chaos. Everything will be ok. :)

As for the bread... I found that after a long time now having heavy carbohydrates - especially of the processed white wheat variety, my stomach/ body REALLY didn't like it. I had cramps, diorrhea, nausea, bloatedness... I was reading to see what the symptoms could have bee attributed to - and found that because of the length of time NOT having these sorts of substances, the digestive enzymes in the intestine had adapted to deal with different foods coming into my system. We usually can't deal with vast amounts of vegetables without having some awful smelling farts (usually from too much cabbage/broccoli etc!). But after a while, living on vegetables these things stopped... my body got used to the veggies and in that sense 'forgot' the wheat! So when I introduced it too quickly - the body just didn't quite know how to digest them properly again!
Perhaps that's what it is... Of course, it could also be stress. Either way, go easy and slowly with the carbs. Maybe keep them for special occasions and small quantities for now. :)

Wishing you all the best! xx

Hey Spangly glad ur DH is home and on the mend. thinking of you x

Am so cross I could scream! Obviously tiredness is a factor as up twice with DH and twice with youngest daughter last night. I know this is just the beginning and I should be grateful I'm not having to sort out a colostomy bag or tube feed him but I'm still angry at suddenly having to do everything

And then he complains that a bowl I put out for my youngest last night for breakfast isn't properly clean!!!!!

The steroids have made him so abrupt and aggressive. I can cope more or less with the MS but his personality seems to be chAnging too. I know he's in a lot of pain, which must be terrible (I had a third degree tear, stitches and bad pelvic floor problems after my first baby so know a bit about coping with pain) but I'm finding it hard to stay sympathetic when he picks!

I AM DOING MY BEST!

Aaagh

You are doing more than your best from what I have read, it must be difficult for you I am sure you didnt sign up for this but nevertheless have just got on with what life has thrown at you! You re a real inspiration to all women in many ways on here!

Hopefully given time the meds will settle down for him and the mood swings will also subside.

Thinking of you xx

Had a big heart-to-heart with DH this morning and feel a lot better. Also caught up on some sleep which has also helped.

Am seeing my LLC for a 1:1 this evening as I don't have time for a full session but really need a pep talk. She has been brilliant too. Hurrah!

Thats great that ur having a pep talk with LLC... you need to take a little time out to discuss your needs and your issues regarding LL. let us know how it goes xx

So hard for you Spangly when everything rests on your shoulders, hard for your DH too. I don't suppose his personality is really changing, but the uncertainty with MS is the real big factor isn't it?
The rotten condition is different for everyone, it's unpredictable so the person must be constantly in fear, not knowing when or how it'll develop. Children are great though aren't they? They seem to take most things in their stride. When I cared fro my friend with MS she had a young daughter who was about 7 at the time. She was so mature and caring. It was so frustrating for my friend not having the energy to be able to be the Mum she wanted to be for her little girl. Not surprising we all get angry with each other sometimes.
Stay strong hun. Try and build in some time for yourself. What about a massage or beauty treatment or a girly treat with a friend xx

Wise words as ever, sb. Thank you.

Had a great chat with my LLC, who suggested i try to find an MS carers support group, which i will do. I know from speaking to the MS society a few years ago that they don't offer anything for carers, but i may be able to find a more general carers' support group. I'm also going to book in for some beauty treatments too.

Going back to the office today. DH is still in a lot of pain but said he could cope. I feel very torn (cue for song).

Not feeling as sad/low as i have been doing recently though, which is something at least!

Hey spangly, great advice from your LLC and loving the treatment idea, you deserve some qulaity you time. Enjoy gorgeous!

xx

Glad ur feeling a little brighter hun... and i totally recommend a beauty treatment... they are so refreshing and relaxing and really give you some "ME TIME" a nice massage or facial maybe. Let us know what u decide xxx

My "me" time involves shopping!! Bought a gorgeous dress and a pair of shorts in new look yesterday.
Bought a size 18 cos I want them big when I'm on my Hols in June!!!

Woo were all skinny minis xx

Ooh i think we need a pic, iveabigask!!

I love shopping too. It's a real pleasure now i can decide what suits me, rather than accepting whatever fits. Went to TK Maxx yesterday and tried on some gorgeous designer things. Didnt buy anything in the end (which is an achievement for me in itself!) as although they were lovely clothes, I'd never have an occasion to wear them! Great fun though.

Off to work today. Here's hoping for a couple of normal weeks before my time off. (Got two weeks booked around Easter for our anniversary break.) I think I will be busy today as last week was so disjointed with DH being poorly and me in and out of the office and all over the place.

Getting my hair cut on Friday. I hope i can persuade the hairdresser to be a bit more radical this time as he didn't go as short as I wanted last time because he said my hair was too thick (so much for LL causing hair loss, eh?!)

I've really thick hair too and it was very long before I got it restyled. I've all layers through the back and at the front and it so much easier to manage!!! I dont know myself. I used to have the stand in my underwear doing my hair cos I'd be roasting cos there was so much of it! Now 15 mins fully clothed and I'm all done. Woooooo

Lovely Hun. You'll be stunning on your hols. Xxx

Back