Here's to getting the old me back!

That's fab Hun! It must feel bloody brilliant! And yes I agree. This diet is great! Well done you!!! :)

I called this thread "getting the old me back" AND I AM!! I actually am! I feel so much more like me than I have done in years! I've got a looooooong way to go, but I am so glad I made the decision to do this.

just read through ur thread and i must say it has spured me on im feelin hungry now but knowing everyone else gone through this and come out the other side with amazin weight loses is keepin me from raidin the fridge!! so thank u x

Yes! I agree! I'm starting to feel like my old self too and it feels bloody amazing!
So glad you're feeling so positive Hun! :)

Well done Spangly. You are getting your oomph back!

Thanks, guys. The support on here is sooo lovely!!

Right, am now in a typical "me" pickle. I used to get into this kind of situation all the time but not so much anymore. Here's the thing: I've been invited out for a meal tonight. This in itself isn't a problem (I was taken out for lunch today by a supplier and had water and coffee) but it's the person who's invited me. I feel really mean and bad saying this but I don't like her very much and don't want to go!! :eek:

Thing is, I don't get invited out that often (people know I have small children and that evenings can be difficult) so I feel I SHOULD go, but I don't want to. I know she's going to go on and on and on at me about not eating (she's a nutritionist), and she's booked a place near HER house not near mine. Grump grump.

Why have I accepted the invitation? I am such a numpty! I used to be soooo unassertive and most of the time I've got loads better, but this sort of thing leaves me feeling really rubbish!!

Darling. If you don't want to go then DON'T go!
Simples!
We can't spend our lives doing what other people want us to do!
It's time to put yourself first sweets.
She'll get over it. And if she won't, well too bad. Making someone you don't like happy shouldn't be on your priority list at the moment (or any moment for that matter)
Guess who should be your priority?
:)

I'm with Magic. life is too short to do things you don't want to do.
I bet you've surprised yourself haven't you. It's time to live your life for you not others.
I gave up being a doormat when I lost my weight with LL (still have to remind myself sometimes though) - old habits.............xx

I totally agree with both of you and WISH I HADN'T GONE! Don't think I'll be accepting any more invitations from her. I am still seething at some of the things she said to me, which include (as a for instance) a sweeping comment (bear in mind my husband has multiple sclerosis), about "people who doss around on disability benefit", realised what she'd said and patted me on the arm patronisingly and said "of course, your husband excepted".

Excuse me but I need to swear! Unbelievable!

I DON'T NEED THIS KIND OF RUBBISH IN MY LIFE. I AM NOT THAT DESPERATE ANYMORE DARLING!

Aaaargh. Anyway. I stuck to the plan. Didn't rise to all the (many) jibes about the diet, how much it was costing, what a waste, what a con, you'll put it all back on blah blah blah.

Never ever again. Ever.

Oh and to lighten the conversation I made some gambit about having started painting again (there was a third woman with us who wasn't getting much of a look in over her) and SHE just starts up, "well someone I know quit work and opened a cafe and gallery and I don't know why because there's not much point to all that art crap is there, I mean I don't understand it... I'm more of a foody myself"

Get over yourself, honey. I have! :p

Only good thing was I managed to get the mobile no of a mutual friend (actually very lovely person - we all met on maternity leave and apart from our babies don't have much in common - can you tell?!) as I've lost all my contacts (long story) so it will be good to be back in touch with her again.

LATER!!

And breathe.... lol
Sorry to hear you had a bad evening but I'm also glad you feel more empowered to stand up to people like her now! Good for you hun!

It's weird because this morning I realize what has changed. Before I would have been angry but not wanted to feel or acknowledge it so would have eaten and or drunk too much. Now I'm choosing not to do that of course the feelings are there in all their intensity. And the strange thing is that that's ok! I think it's ok for me to be angry about someone being bigoted and hurtful. And it's ok for me to choose not to spend time in her company again. The freedom is amazing - but also scary because it's all new.

Mags you mentioned the Secret in a post to someone a while ago and I wanted to say I loved it and it is partly what has led me to take charge of my life this year. Great stuff! But cheesy some of it, but very powerful.

LOL! Yes it is a bit cheesy but that's the Americans for you ;)
The general message behind it is very powerful though.
Power Lies Within You!
AMEN to that!!!

Yeah, power and control of your life. It comes from within and the messages we give out.
I love the Secret too.
Good for you Spangly. I bet you felt like you were on the outside of that evening looking in didn't you?
The only downside of this self awareness and CBT is that once you start with it you can't switch it off!
Fascinating though. Ditch her - she doesn't sound like a friend.
Well done you. xx

Started clearing some space in my wardrobe over the weekend. It feels really strange trying things on that only a few weeks ago were snug and finding them loose. Also realise I was probably a couple of sizes bigger than I thought I was :eek: - ie cramming myself into sizes that really didn't fit at all!! Oops. Now to do a big pile of dry cleaning/ironing and get started on eBay!

Had my measurements done on Friday and they don't tally at all with my own ones at home. Very odd. By their reckoning my waist is FIVE INCHES bigger than I make it!! I know there are clothes to consider but I wasn't wearing a huge jumper at the time. I wonder if they do them very loose so it looks like you've lost loads at the end? I know I was in denial, but not five inches worth of denial! and if the measurements they say were right then nothing currently in my wardrobe would fit whereas in fact most things are starting to hang off me!

Anyway - onward and downward! I have a couple of days off and today both DDs are at playgroups (a rare treat for me and DH) which means a quiet house (!) and some serious vegging out! I MUST NOT use the time to mow the lawn/clean the bathroom/write important letters etc etc or all the things I usually do instead of having R&R time for ME :rolleyes:...

Looks like a Me Wednesday is very much needed Hun! ;)
Don't worry about the inches. It's all how you feel. :)

Had a fabulous couple of days off. So nice to get to spend some time with DH and the girls. Now back to work... Mind you, it's not so bad. It will just be busy I expect! Feeling a bit gloomy today: totm due. Had a pop in last night to swap some packs and got weighed though I wasn't expecting to. Have lost 0.1kg since Friday. Guess that's water retention for you!! Was feeling pretty rubbish about it until I put my work trousers on this morning and they are seriously loose. Yay! And these are ones I couldn't get past my knees a couple of months ago!

Also I seem to be getting my shoulders back!! Yay!!

LLC said yesterday (despite the 0.1) that I'm doing really well and am totally on track to lose the 3 stone if not more, by the end of foundation. Even though I know it's happening, sometimes i can't quite believe I may even be able to get into a size 14 by the end of this!!

Ooh I'm not sure it's that noticeable to anyone else as yet! Will dig out some "before" shots though...

I'm seeing my cousin tomorrow for the first time since I started LL so it will be interesting to see whether she notices. (She doesn't know I'm on it btw.)

Interesting, last night. My cousin's first reaction on seeing me was to exclaim how "very well", "seriously, very WELL!" I'm looking. But then she went straight on to say, "you weren't serious about a diet, were you? I mean, I don't believe in diets! Let's go for a glass of wine."

She's size 8, and always has been (apart from briefly a size 10) and she's the same height as me :rolleyes:.

She asked what was new with me and after talking about some other stuff, I mentioned that I'm really pleased I've lost 25lb and she was appalled! :eek: She thinks it's terrible! I declined wine and suggested a coffee bar and then she tried to buy me cake lol.

Hey ho. I felt very comfortable with my choices though - didn't bat an eyelid. Had some coffee, and a peppermint tea (we were out for a lonnnng time chatting) and felt great about it! :cool:

I'm truly in the "zone" lol :D.

Probably won't have lost much at today's weigh-in because of TOTM but I'm ok with that (though I would LOVE to get my BMI under 30!!).

Amazing darling!!
You're doing fabulous!!!
People respond in different ways when they see someone lose so much weight so quickly and frankly most don't know how to cope with it.
The best way of dealing with it is to carry on being successful with the losses and be proud of your achievements!
You're an inspiration Hun! Well done!

Back