Here's to getting the old me back!

Seems to be all work lunches are based around bread, so I've brought my own lunch in today and have made a special request for a low-carb lunch on a business trip next week. I hope they can manage it for me!

Hi Spanglymum...you are so right. Everything is bread based. When did this happen??

You'll have to watch them Spangly.
I used to request fresh fruit for the dame reason. Then everyone wants it.
I remember at one posh hotel conference one of my colleagues said "what did you have to do to get that?" !

Well something to learn from yesterday I think. I'd been feeling really good about my clothes starting to fit better again and learning better habits around food and not weighing myself every day. Then got weighed and I'm back up at 68.8!!!! Aaarrgh! So ... What did I do last night? Had a mini binge. Weird weird weird. I am so angry with myself.

So I'm back ;). The low-carb lunch at work was pretty disappointing - I guess I need to be more specific when I ask for these things. They gave me cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce. And nothing else! :eek: I ended up peeling apart some sandwiches and eating the ham filling. I have no shame, evidently :D.

Was doing quite well one way and another but after a week away last week all my clothes are seriously tight, and some jeans I can't even get on :cry:. My fault as I made the decision to eat and drink what I wanted on holiday (despite having had a low-carb meal at the service station on the way there :rolleyes:). So, I'll be going back to group on Tuesday. I have enough packs to do a few days of abstinence before then and I can't wait for ketosis to kick in.

There were lots of reasons why I made poor food choices last week - see my other thread "hello". Thing is to learn from it I guess and not use it as an excuse to keep on self-sabotaging...

Hi lovely good to see you back regardless of the circumstances. You have made the right decision to deal with it now instead of leaving it. Well done!

Food is always going to be an issue for many of us on here as much as we think we have cracked it!

As for peeling sandwiches apart I have done that before now at a conference, as I had covered lunch for everyone except me. It also made me think about better options for people at the next one though as not everyone wants to share the fact they are dieting! So I try to make sure there are other options now.

Good luck at class and getting back on the packs I have found it so hard after my holiday but my WI on Tuesday will make it worth it xxxx

Well, I guess that's a milestone passed of sorts - was brave enough to step on the scales. Can you believe I've put on a stone in a week?!! How is that even possible?!!!! Hoping a LOT of it is water weight!

Water weight and glycogen you know it loves company. Posted in your hello post. Chin up lovely x

Hope the transition back to ketosis is an easy one for you.

xx

Okay Spangly- time to stop beating yourself up.
Well done for stepping on the scales - brave.
Now I'm going to trot out my favourite phrase from our LLC -
time to :
"Build a bridge and get over yourself" !!!
I love it -so apt sometimes.

Just a way of saying , put it down to experience, learn from it and move on.
We are just some of those people for whom food will always be an issue. :cry:
You'll soon be back on track.
I've also done the eating fillings out of sandwiches and wraps at work lunches, even those provided by outside companies. No shame for me either!

Aaargh! Day two is HARD!! :wave_cry: Am managing, but boy it's challenging!! Gah! Somebody give me a pep talk. Am such a noodle for letting myself get into this state.

Only thing is I was weighed at the rheumatism clinic this morning (finally got a consultant referral for my joint pains) and apparently I've lost two pounds since yesterday :eek::D

icandothisicandothisicandothis

Yes you CAN - you KNOW you can xx

Keep focused you can do it you have done it before.keep drinking the water.
Cathy

Well... got through yesterday and a bit more energetic today so I'm hoping ketosis is on its way, although it does seem rather soon. Very busy day today - back at work after a week off - and still learning my new job so feel almost overwhelmed at times. But it's good even though it's challenging.

Off to group tonight for the first time in AGES. Will be a different LLC taking the session as my usual one is on holiday but I'm sure it will be constructive. They both really know their stuff as far as the CBT is concerned and I could do with a good dose of it right now!

Feeling very positive today, in spite of work stress.

Also helps that I went to see a consultant (finally) yesterday about my mystery joint pains. Not sure if anyone will remember me mentioning it but I've had them for the past six years and only pregnancy and ketosis seem to make them go away. I've suspected for some time that I might have a form of lupus, given that I get a distinctive rash on my face if I go in bright sunlight (yes, I'm a vampire, evidently!)... and finally I've met someone who is doing the right tests to find out! I've been tested by several GPs who always said my bloods were normal and refused to do anything else. But after I finished LL, the pains came back with a vengeance and I suddenly had a contrast between feeling properly "well" (on LL) and feeling really sore all the time, which I used to think was normal. My hubby persuaded me to go and see a different doctor at the practice. He did my bloods, and they came back normal. BUT he said that as it had been going on for so long (six years - ever since my eldest was weaned) he wanted to get to the bottom of it. Hence the referral.

Apparently I do have arthritis :( but what kind, he's not 100% sure as yet. I had blood tests and x-rays and am to go back in about ten weeks to get the verdict. He says I also have some kind of connective tissue disorder, which could be lupus (! I knew it!) or something else. Will be such a huge relief to find out (and more to the point get some proper treatment rather than just paracetamol/ibuprofen) after all this time.

Thing is, because my hubby has a "headline" illness I've never really felt I could complain about my aches and pains, as they seem minor in comparison - but then after LL, when they (and the bouts of fatigue) came back, I suddenly realised it really isn't normal.

Phew. Sorry for the screed!

Woohoo! 8lb down since Saturday! :D Had a brilliant chat with my LLC tonight. LL really is fab.

Well done spangly your doing great.
Cathy

Fabulous loss Spangly, you rock hun xxx

Thanks! Am so so pleased I went back on packs, especially when I think where I was this time last week, weight wise. My joints are playing up badly today but otherwise I'm pretty positive. It wasn't easy making lunch for everyone if I'm honest but I managed! Have discovered a new trigger food as well, which is useful, but unexpected. I didn't realise until abstinence this time round that I'd got into the habit of helping myself to a few grapes every time open the fridge! Might not sound particularly dramatic, but grapes definitely make me hungry later unless I have them as part of a meal, so something to watch there I think.

Funny - I had a problem with grapes at that stage too!
They seem harmless, almost like cool, juicy, legal sweets - NOT!
They have the highest pro rata sugar content of any fruit.
I had to stop myself doing exactly the same thing with dried apricots too. :(

Ah yes, dried fruit. I LOVE dried fruit, but I guess that's probably because it's concentrated sugar, eh? Was convincing myself it's "healthy" (and in the ultimate scheme of things it's definitely better than a lot of alternatives) but I really must limit quantities more carefully and only have it as part of a meal once I get back off abstinence again.

Learning! :)

(btw am sooperdooper proud of self today because TOTM has arrived - which means last week was probably the most challenging week of the month to be getting into abstinence. Well done me! >preen<:D)

Seem to be having minor food cravings, which is weird. Nothing I can't resist but why? I'm having my packs and drinking my water... Very odd. Maybe because of TOTM?

Back