Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

krupskaya said:
Well it's the start of a new week - happy monday all! Good luck for your weigh in tonight Hevs and to all you monday weighers!

Hey insomniac girl!! My excuse is I'm in work again! Hope all's well and you're feeling positive about the week ahead and ready to reach Target with gusto very soon!! Fingers crossed for my WI tonight! I'll be disappointed if I haven't lost as have been a good girl apart from a cake-mishap but that was definitely well within my syns! But whatever the score I will keep plodding along tortoise-like and get there sometime! XxX

I'd just like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my co-facilitator of this thread, the wonderful Bev (Pommette) who always has great advice and words of wisdom and encouragement for everyone! Have a wonderful day! X

Happy Birthday Bev! Have a fab day!

Yeah Hevs, I'm a terrible insomniac. I'm always up at this sort of time... Hope work is going ok with you. xxx

Well I had a fantastic birthday - meal out on Saturday was superb and Cirque du Soleil yesterday were even better. So thanks for all all your good wishes.

Especially Heather for your perfect Spanish and advice on my diary about not bothering about syns too much. I took it and, having shown a STS for most of last week, have gained a very healthy 1¼ lbs - since Friday! So back to where I was 3 weeks ago. How is it I lose it slowly and put it back on so quickly! Grrrrrrrrrr

Current Status - 2¾ lbs lost - 7¾ lbs to go

So I need to take all my own advice and hit the soup, melon etc . . . .

Will do a rapid check through and grab last weeks totals and post them here in a mo.

PS No insomnia for me last night. Crashed by 11pm but wide awake at 6am instead!

Last edited:
Well here are the results at the end of week 3.

Beverley8603 - 19 lb (0 lbs lost ~ 19lb to go)
Ellebear - 7 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 5.5 lbs to go)
Emmaline - 10 lbs (7 lbs lost ~ 3 lbs to go)
Funcurls - 12.5 lbs (4.5 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go)
Gembear- 14.5lb (2 lbs lost ~ 12.5 lbs to go)
Ginlin - 2 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go) GINLIN HAS REACHED TARGET AND COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE!!!
Gonnabesmall - 10 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go)
Jaylou - 8 lbs (-1 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go)
Katerpillar - 7 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 5.5 lbs to go)
Krupskaya - 5 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 1.5 lbs to go)
Leapfrog - 10 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 6 lbs to go)
mummy84 - 14 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost- 14.5 lbs to go)
Ninnins - 12 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go)
Pesty - 10 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go)
Pommette - 10.5 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go)
Trango - 12.5 lbs (1.5 lbs lost- 11 lbs to go)
Vitology - 12 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go)
Woodland Girl - 8 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go)

49842-albums3274-picture19734.jpg

So this goes to Krupskaya this week - with a 2lb loss.
How did your weekend go chica? As you can see, mine went with a bang, so lets see if anyone can beat me! Oops I shouldn't really be encouraging you all to go off plan should I? But what the heck we all need to let our hair down occasionally.

Grand to hear you've had a good birthday celeb Bev - it is once a year after all! My weekend went fine - I loosened the reins a bit and it was all the better for that. Feeling a bit calmer about the weight loss now. WI is on wednesday and I'm hoping for a STS (well I'm hoping for a loss but an STS will do!).

I am in shock as have lost 2 lbs! Having been stuck for so long on and off going back to good old calories counting and just curbing my eating and wow!!
Hit the supermarket this a.m. for loads of goodies, fruits and salads and oooh lovely low fat stuff!
Funny how losing 2 lbs can give such a boost. Am in heaven. Next stone down does not seem so far away now.
Good luck to all on our journey. Hugs x
Happy birthday to Bev from Bev x

49842-albums3274-picture19734.jpg

So this goes to Krupskaya this week - with a 2lb loss.
How did your weekend go chica? As you can see, mine went with a bang, so lets see if anyone can beat me! Oops I shouldn't really be encouraging you all to go off plan should I? But what the heck we all need to let our hair down occasionally.

I think ill beat you hands down! lol

My period has just started early too, which wont help matters either! Ah well, maybe ill have a beast of a WI next week then!

Glad you had a good birthday

I am in shock as have lost 2 lbs! Having been stuck for so long on and off going back to good old calories counting and just curbing my eating and wow!!
Hit the supermarket this a.m. for loads of goodies, fruits and salads and oooh lovely low fat stuff!
Funny how losing 2 lbs can give such a boost. Am in heaven. Next stone down does not seem so far away now.

Well done Bev - 2lbs is a great loss!

Well I had a fantastic birthday - meal out on Saturday was superb and Cirque du Soleil yesterday were even better. So thanks for all all your good wishes.

Especially Heather for your perfect Spanish and advice on my diary about not bothering about syns too much. I took it and, having shown a STS for most of last week, have gained a very healthy 1¼ lbs - since Friday! So back to where I was 3 weeks ago. How is it I lose it slowly and put it back on so quickly! Grrrrrrrrrr

Current Status - 2¾ lbs lost - 7¾ lbs to go

So I need to take all my own advice and hit the soup, melon etc . . . .

Will do a rapid check through and grab last weeks totals and post them here in a mo.

PS No insomnia for me last night. Crashed by 11pm but wide awake at 6am instead!

Pleased to hear that you had such a great time, and the gain could have been worse after celebrations and out of the ordinary indulgences!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That's great news Bev!! I was getting worried about you as we hadn't been able to update you since week one! I'll fast track you to this week! Glad you're feeling on top of the world, it's a great feeling isn't!X

Hi guys, reporting with a 1/2lb loss! It's in the right direction, so I'm not DISpleased, but I do feel that the effort I've put in has deserved a bigger loss!! And I feel like I've lost weight by my clothes etc!! Maybe it was the piece of cake afterall, but I'm genuinely convinced it's more to do with fluid retention after my night shifts! I weighed on my home scales today and they were showing 3lb up from friday before my nights, and nights always do it to me! Every cloud though.. having a small loss will keep me on my toes this week! I know how my mind works- if I'd had a big loss I would probably have relaxed a bit too much! This will keep me mega-focused for a good loss next week!! I'm feeling positive and in the zone!! XXX

Congrats on the loss Hevs - it's defo going in the right direction. If you think you deserved more though I can see it's a little disappointing. Hopefully you'll catch up with yourself by next week and have a bigger loss. Great to hear you've got your groove on!

Thanks Hev it's just so thrilling, and well done on the 1/2 lb. I always think of it in terms of a pack of butter in the supermarket! Gone!! :D

Daughter is back from Aus tonight for a while. Have to cook BIG meal. She eats like a horse, is 5' 8" and size 8. Grrrr. Same as husband. They just burn it off. Son takes after me and has to be constantly vigilent. Grrrr again.

Emmaline said:
Have to confess..I put on 1lb this week!
Stuck to my 800cals so have no idea why....:confused:

Going to join WW tomorrow.

Oh Emmeline don't beat yourself up! Do you think that you're not eating enough? 800 cals is nothing! I tend to lose more when I eat more (of the right things)! Good luck with WW! X

Beverley8603 said:
Thanks Hev it's just so thrilling, and well done on the 1/2 lb. I always think of it in terms of a pack of butter in the supermarket! Gone!! :D

Daughter is back from Aus tonight for a while. Have to cook BIG meal. She eats like a horse, is 5' 8" and size 8. Grrrr. Same as husband. They just burn it off. Son takes after me and has to be constantly vigilent. Grrrr again.

Don't you just hate that?! Oh well, at least we know we're being healthy! I know naturally skinny people who eat lots of junk and get away with it, but are they doing their health/heart any favours?! It's a life-long bind for us that's for sure but there are worse crosses to bear! Have you decided what to cook? You could always cook up something healthy but just serve up a big portion for your daughter and less for you! X

Don't you just hate that?! Oh well, at least we know we're being healthy! I know naturally skinny people who eat lots of junk and get away with it, but are they doing their health/heart any favours?!

Im 100% with you here, a girl in my work has the worst diet i have ever seen and an equally bad lifestyle, she has only just turned 40 but has so many health problems that i know would benefit from following SW as a healthy eating plan not necesssarily for weight loss. Every week she says she is coming with me to join and every week she makes excuses.

Well done on your 1/2lb. It IS in the right direction and you may see a massive loss next week if you are retaining fluid from night shift. Always best to keep you on your toes anyway ;)

Have to confess..I put on 1lb this week!
Stuck to my 800cals so have no idea why....:confused:

Going to join WW tomorrow.

I dont think i could make it out of bed on 800 cals!

I agree, maybe you need to eat more, just of the right things. Enjoy WW

:birthday: for yesterday Pommette!!! Pleased to read you had a good day xx

Well done on your losses Heather and Beverley! Our combined losses must be mounting up now! :D

I am pleased to be reporting a 1lb loss and FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY getting my 2 stone award! Yippppeeeeeee! :bliss:I feel so happy I could actually cry - happy tears of course! :D I have been nearly there so many times and then sabotaged myself! But here I am - all 10.0.5 stone of me and chuffed to have a new shiny!

Slightly worried about the upcoming week as have LOTS of nights out (4 to be precise :eek:) - have a feeling the shiny might be gone next week but it's going up even if it is only for 7 days!!! :D :D :D

Good luck everyone xx

Back