Hey, Newbie with over 20 stone to lose

How are you feeling hun?! Is it any better now? Have you seen the doctor about it? xxx

Feeling fab now. The Volterol seems to have worked as back pain has gone, but got some thigh muscle problem now lol. Not that I mind though because since wearing the Shape Ups I have the definition back in my legs again! YAY! No movement on the weight this week but I think it's bloating as I've necked too many fizzy drinks this week so it's back to the water again for me.

It's good seeing definition though in some places and I'm getting more saggy by the minute in others. Swings and roundabouts.

Bless you love, hopefully the toning will continue and things will tone up for you when you get even more active.

Wish I could wave a magic wand and have us not get any saggy skin. Sods law :(

VERY glad you're feeling better though hun :) the more that comes off hopefully the more you'll be feeling better :)

glad your feeling better bp x x x x

It's been really tough this week. Not dieting wise, just losing it as I've only managed a pound (well a few hundred grams really) this week but I think it's all down to not drinking water enough as I'm all backed up again with my bowel feeling really achy so have had more fibre this morning and keep popping out to the kitchen to get more water. But had quite an easy week this week dieting. Back to doing a little resistance training again, just got to remember to do it each morning :sigh:.

Actually took a selfie for the first time since starting the diet and shocked myself at how thin my face has gotten too. Although I won't show it yet, it's a fab photo to spur myself on.

Had to buy some new bras this week (although they are a little small right now) but I can't wear the old ones anymore as my boobs now look like eggs in a melon holder :p

Onwards and downwards!

It's been really tough this week. Not dieting wise, just losing it as I've only managed a pound (well a few hundred grams really) this week but I think it's all down to not drinking water enough as I'm all backed up again with my bowel feeling really achy so have had more fibre this morning and keep popping out to the kitchen to get more water. But had quite an easy week this week dieting. Back to doing a little resistance training again, just got to remember to do it each morning :sigh:.

Actually took a selfie for the first time since starting the diet and shocked myself at how thin my face has gotten too. Although I won't show it yet, it's a fab photo to spur myself on.

Had to buy some new bras this week (although they are a little small right now) but I can't wear the old ones anymore as my boobs now look like eggs in a melon holder :p

Onwards and downwards!

Yaaaay for new bras :D It's a great sign when we're going down isn't it :D I think the bras's have cheered me up even more than coming down from 32 in trousers to 26! (also my new bits that I didn't donate (cos i didn't get chance to wear them in the first place) are doing so well on ebay, they end today and are raising a nice amount to pay off towards the bras too :D)

I'm with you on hitting a small plateau too, I'm still drinking a fair amount of squash, but a sneaky weigh in has shown that I've not lost a bean, but I've been so good! It's a little disheartening but we must look at the bigger picture :) Together we can do it!! Right here with you hun :)

Are you going to upload your pic as your av to show the difference? :)

You have done so well hun.

Yay for smaller bras :)

I am trying to drink more water too.

xxx

Proud of you! Even when you have a little weightloss you figure out why and you carry on, that shows you how strong you are, you don't let it get you down, well done keep it up!

we must look at the bigger picture :) Together we can do it!! Right here with you hun :)

PSP is so right hun, I know when you've worked so hard that a plateau can be disheartening - but just keep focused on how far you've come - and how there is no way you're going to be back where you were xxx

Hi, just want to say huge well done on going at it yourself.

I too almost had gastric bypass surgery. My knee surgeon referred me for it and I was a week into the pre op diet when it just scared me so much and decided to start slimming world to lose it myself!
You feel miles better doing it too.

Is bigger girls and guys are really in it for the long run but it will be so worth it when we hit our targets :)

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

It is very disheartening when you hit a plateau, I've been good and not gone over cals (been a little under most days), but I have still STS this week.

No matter how realistic we are - no loss still lets us down and makes us feel like we've done wrong - but we haven't! We jut need to continue! Infact we've done so well that our body is catching up and adjusting and we just need to power on through and keep going.

Well done love xxx

Jess - doing on your own is much better as you prove something to yourself. I never thought I could do it without the bypass but I can! They throw bypass surgery at larger people like we should be kissing their feet but long term it ties you up too much. I'd hate not being able to eat what I want, even if it's a little piece. Much prefer doing it by counting as I'm learning loads like stuff that I can eat and enjoy (used to hate salad but now I love them and can't go a meal without having some salad on the plate) and learning what makes me feel good. Much better learning curve than restricting yourself and being mutilated.

I'm still keeping at it. Even had a naughty biscuit yesterday and still counted it in ;) What I'm loving is not feeling out of breath anymore. I could barely get out of the chair and walk to the bathroom without nearly being on my knees. Now it's a breeze. Couldn't walk and talk at the same time either, but now I can :)

But I'm still sticking to it regardless of what the scales say as I can see a definite change. But nope, I won't put the picture up yet as I have no make up on and look a fright ;) But Christmas I will as it'll be about time.
xx

Last edited:
Back