Hey! Slim & Save!

hels123smiles

Silver Member
Hey!

I hope there will be more and more of us using the slim & save forum soon! Im glad that it was possible to ge it set up...thanks Pierce :)

Well Im day two 100 % and doing ok!

Hows everyone else doing?

Yup! my claim to fame :) Hopefully we can have lots of support on here and get lots of new recruits!

Excellent, our own forum :)

girlsbig98, whereabouts in Kent are you? I used to live in Kent before I moved up here.

Karen

I grew up in a village just outside Sevenoaks, went to school in Tonbridge, moved to Tun Wells when I bought my first house, then moved back to the village where I grew up for 10 years before moving just outside Sittingbourne near where I worked at the time. I'm now in the Scottish Borders though, when my job moved to Edinburgh 2 years ago.

Hi ya.... am with you ladies on this.....

day 5 now and already 10 lbs down!! yayay!!

got the lemon bars too.... has anyone else tried them?? spag bol.. lush!!

Is that the lemon and yoghurt one? I did get one in my multi pack but I haven't tried it yet. I still have the tomato soup and mint shakes to try too but I haven't got round to it yet.

Hi ya.... am with you ladies on this.....

day 5 now and already 10 lbs down!! yayay!!

got the lemon bars too.... has anyone else tried them?? spag bol.. lush!!

Wow well done!
Are the meals ok then? I am avoiding them and bars at the minute, I just got a months worth of shakes. I dont trust me to eat hahah!!!

Well day 3 and doing ok. After 2 days I was 6lbs down, well happy!! Ketosis cant be far away Im sure! I havent had headaches or dizzyness or even a lot of hunger this time around. If I can do a month on 3 a day Ill be well happy

i only have 4 weeks till i am away!!! then will be off plan for 5 days... but straight back on it till xmas....

6lbs in two days is great!!

No i have had no headaches at all!! very tired though!!!

Im going to london and legoland (for 3 nights)with just me and the kids next week (hubby is away!) so it will be really hard then, I am not sure how to go about it?? I really would like to stick to shakes, how I can manage that I dont know, especially when it comes to their meal times, can hardly take them to out to dinner and eat nowt lol!!!!

love legoland!!!

just do your best i suppose or do a chicken salad with 3 products like the other vlcds.......

you will be fine for 3 days :)

enjoy it!

i just gave in and had another spag bol!!

was craving it!! ooppss! better than i takeaway i suppose!!

i just gave in and had another spag bol!!

was craving it!! ooppss! better than i takeaway i suppose!!

Are you on 3 per day or 4 per day? If on 3 another one won't hurt now and then. If you're already on 4 then oops! :)

But definitely better than a takeaway!

Even if you have now had 5 packs it is still quite low in calories compared to carolie counting diets, so don't worry too much, though I wouldn't do it every day lol:)

Yup defo better than a take away!!

I really would like to stick to shakes, how I can manage that I dont know, especially when it comes to their meal times, can hardly take them to out to dinner and eat nowt lol!!!!

For emergencies if I have to go away and can't make up the shakes easily I have a few Atkins Advantage shakes that are ready made in the fridge as a standby. They're not a meal replacement but the calories and carbs are low and they do as a stand by for the odd meal occasionally. I take a multivit daily anyway.

Perhaps you could just tell the restaurants that you're on a special diet? If you absolutely have to order something then maybe a salad or veggies from the S&S list and some plain grilled chicken or fish. I know we can have 200g per day of salad/veggies (not that I have yet) but it's better than having a stack of carbs meaning you'd be starting from scratch to get into ketosis again. Or have a look at the foods allowed in Atkins induction and stick to the low calorie options from that list maybe?

I've got friends coming over from the US in 3 weeks. I'm almost certainly going to have a mini break then for a few days while they're staying with us as we will be eating out but hope to get back on track as soon as they've gone.

Thanks hun, I was going to get some Slimfast but maybe the atkins shakes would be better if I can find them. x

Thanks hun, I was going to get some Slimfast but maybe the atkins shakes would be better if I can find them. x

I definitely wouldn't get the Slimfast ones - they're full of sugar. I got the Atkins ones at Tesco but they sell them in Boots too (you can order online and pick up at your local store if your local doesn't sell them).

Back