1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Hi all new here!

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by loveheart25, 4 June 2009 Social URL.

1. loveheart25

loveheart25 Active Member

Hi all im new here, my doctor prescribed me xenical on tuesday so i started them straight away before I chickened out! Do you weigh yourselves at home or do you wait until you go back to the doctors? Im only asking as I have the tablets on a 3 month repeat prescription and don't have to go back until these are running out or unless I want to go back for whatever reason.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. iona.1985

iona.1985 Well-Known Member

hi,

your doc should be weighing you monthly to check your progress. i have been weighing myself on my own scales every week.. so a week after i started Xenical :)

good luck

4. loveheart25

She just said only if I wanted to go back otherwise just fill out the repeat form and hand it in. I think I will weigh at home but also make appointments to go back every month to get weighed by them. Thanks :)

5. iona.1985

iona.1985 Well-Known Member

no probs :) i have 3 weekly appts with a nurse at my GPs

6. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Welcome.
    I think thats a very good idea, but only weigh yourself weekly at home as there can be differences throughout the week!You should see your GP/nurse at least monthly progress report and bp check.
    Good luck x

7. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

It surprises me that your GP hasnt asked you to go back every 4 weeks to get weighed,
    It will keep you on track to .... :) good luck with it all.

8. loveheart25

i think its because she is only a temp gp as mine is on maternity leave but i will make sure i go myself to get weighed. thanks i will need it lol

9. shazboo

shazboo 'this time i'll do it!'

good luck with your weight loss and i think its a good idea to go to your gp to be weighed once a month, at least it will give you the incentive to keep dieting
    good luck