Hi Everyone, I need some advice, ready to give up, please help

Shellc

Hi everyone (I think I put this thread in the wrong place, apologies if you get it twice or if I have posted in the wrong place)

My name is Shell, I'm new to this forum, and I came here because I could really use some support or advice.

I am 5ft 3, 156pounds and 42yo. For the first time in my life I have started a healthy exercise and diet regimen. I am working so hard at it, eating 1500 cal or less a day and working out on a cross trainer, 45mins a day, 6 times a week. I am eating very healthy food.

In 6weeks, I have lost 4 pounds or about 2kgs in my part of the world. I have lost nothing. I just feel so dishearten, I really expected to lose more. Am I doing something wrong, I feel ready to give up, I feel so disheartened.

Thank you

Hey babe,
What kinda food are you eating?

Hi, thanks for replying :)

Low carb, low fat mostly

Toast for breakfast, maybe a piece of fruit mid morning, salad for lunch and something along the lines of, chick and veggies for dinner or a small steak. I have a couple, up to 3 coffees a day with one sugar.

Do you write down the kcals? So you know exactley how many a day?

I have been keeping a diary and counting exact calories. I am usually under 1500, some days only 1300 and that's not including calories I burn in my workout.

I have always starved myself to lose weight in the past. this time I thought I'd do it right for the 1st time and the results are just so disheartening. Do you think I should have lost more by now.

For the last 3 weeks my workouts have increased from 20-30mins to 45mins, but still no change. I am also doing, bench dips, lunges and press ups for my arms

I think you are doing the right thing babe. How do you clothes feel? Cause you may be building up muscle which weighs more than fat. Please don't give up. You can do it, how much do you have to lose?

I think you are doing the right thing babe. How do you clothes feel? Cause you may be building up muscle which weighs more than fat. Please don't give up. You can do it, how much do you have to lose?

I really think I am doing the right thing too. My clothes feel a little loser, but it's not like I've dropped a dress size or anything. I feel I look better but not by much.

I am determine to lose weight, but it's so hard to keep going when the objective is not being met. I really hate excising but I am pushing myself every day.

Maybe you are being too hard on yourself chick, doing 1 hour exercise 3 or 4 times a week is plently and watching what you eat, will make sure when the weight does come off it will stay off.

Sending you a hug x

Maybe you are being too hard on yourself chick, doing 1 hour exercise 3 or 4 times a week is plently and watching what you eat, will make sure when the weight does come off it will stay off.

Sending you a hug x
Thank you so much for your kindness, I really appreciate it :)

You go girl! We are all in it together, anytime you feel down. Just post a message and we'll get back to you. x

hi, just been reading your thread, if you have starved yourself in the past that may be why it is slow to come off your matabolism will have slowed down. stick with it and let your body adjust its not just the weight you need to lose also consider the health aspects of eating healthily.try adding some variety too within your diet maybe a small baked potato, small amount of wholemeal pasta with tuna and try to drink 8 glasses water a day.i also think instead of doing the workouts every day try a different fitness like aqua arobics (spelling) once a week and the cross trainer maybe 2 times a week. as for lunges, bench dips and press ups for your arms 6 times a week i would try to reduce that - i was in the army and doing the same every day i ended up like popeye and when was slim was seriously concious of having muscley arms being a woman - (hope dont offend) I have 4 stone to lose from having kids so i understand how hard it can be i was a size 10 and went to a size 24 with my first son, id always been active and i got pelvis disfunction and had to stop exercise!! and just craved everything from every food outlet!!!
dont give up. good luck xx

Have you heard of the Wendie plan that people on weightwatchers do? Instead of having the same points/calories everyday instead they shift it around and have some lower days and higher days.

If you're reaching a plateau it's a good way of kicking your metabolism back into gear as it keeps it on it's toes as say one day you might have 1000-1200 calories but on another day have 1600-1800 calories if you see what I mean? I found it a useful method at times.

You can look at the WW version of the plan to get an idea here The Wendie Plan

But you can adapt it to fit calorie counting by working out how much you need over a week (so if you're aiming for around 1500 a day = 10500 a week) then sort out your low and high days from there.

Hope it helps if you give it a go or if anyone else wants to try it out :)

Hi everyone (I think I put this thread in the wrong place, apologies if you get it twice or if I have posted in the wrong place)

My name is Shell, I'm new to this forum, and I came here because I could really use some support or advice.

I am 5ft 3, 156pounds and 42yo. For the first time in my life I have started a healthy exercise and diet regimen. I am working so hard at it, eating 1500 cal or less a day and working out on a cross trainer, 45mins a day, 6 times a week. I am eating very healthy food.

In 6weeks, I have lost 4 pounds or about 2kgs in my part of the world. I have lost nothing. I just feel so dishearten, I really expected to lose more. Am I doing something wrong, I feel ready to give up, I feel so disheartened.

Thank you

Don't get down your body will adjust and start to lose. I agree with Lochan abou the Wendie plan, might kick start you again.

Good luck!

Hi There Shellc - I hope you're feeling a bit more positive today!

I too agree about the Wendie Plan. I plateaued when on WW many years ago and the first week I did WP I lost 4.5lbs!! It definitely works. I think it also explains why, when people feel they may sts or gain because they've had a big meal out or had a blow-out one night, they actually have a good loss. It's as if it gives the old metabolism a good kick to remind it what it's supposed to be doing!!

Good Luck!

Yes! hang in there, you are doing the right things but does seem your body wants a change! Try the calorie up and calorie down, or perhaps try setting a lower calorie goal than you are averaging now. On DC we are striving for the 1200 low GI mark. However, as Jan has pointed out, I notice the occasional blow out or binge drink (in my case) seems to kick off the weight loss again! Good Luck

Just stumbled across your post. I hope you haven't given up - you so are doing it the right way! I feel quite guilty that I don't exercise in any kind of formal way! Perhaps that is why I feel so cold!

Back