Attack hi guys, introduction

Hi

Why don't you make some of the dukab muffins the night before or the Dukan biscuits ...easy to grab in a morning then x

good idea rednichola, i'm gonna bake some on thursday as I am baking cakes for work and children in need so to stop me eating them I will do some dukan cakes and biscuits.

Cheers
Tryer

Do you have the recipes coz I'll post them here if you haven't x

please can you was about to go searching for them. ( but is ifficult as at work, so sneaking on internet)

your a star,

Thanks

No problem these are the recipes I use but both done in the microwave ...o and I haven't used the wheat bran in the recipes either x

Dukan microwave muffin recipe

**check your Oatbran quantities** the ones given here are for 1 day's portion on Cruise / Conso
1 TB wheat bran
2 TB oat bran
1 Egg
1 TB Quark/Fromfrais
1 or 2 TB yoghurt
1 TS baking powder
Flavouring
Mix well, it should be gloopy but not liquid and distribute into 8 silicone cupcake/muffin cases. Arrange in a circle on the turntable and microwave on high for ~4min.

Turn out quickly onto wire rack (they are steaming) and give time to cool. The longer you leave them out the drier they get - I prefer mine quite moist... Quite a spongey texture.

Flavouring:
Sweet: scant TB sweetener, in addition if liked: a sprinkling of cinnamon, 1/2 ts of vanilla essence. You can also use vanilla or toffee yoghurt for 'built in' flavouring.

Savoury: a tiny pinch of salt (or they are too bland), and I like fresh chives in them.

I have to add that I usually have them sweet, and eat them at coffee time when everyone else is tucking into cakes and biscuits.

they are also nice split in half and spread with Quark, or Philly EL etc, whatever you fancy.

To bake in the oven: Bake 15 mins at 180C Fan

Dukan biscuits

2 tbs Oatbran

1 tbs Skimmed Milk or Fat Free Plain Yoghurt

½ tsp Splenda

Sprinkling of cinammon or ginger etc (1/4 tsp Schwartz Mixed Spice works really well)

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl will look crumbly and dry.

It will look like you need to add more liquid but don't it should be ok.

Put onto a small plate and press down with the back of a spoon into the shape of a round biscuit (use a wet spoon, it will help prevent the mixture sticking to the spoon).

Microwave on high power for 1 minute, turn biscuit over (it will look delicate but should stay in shape), cook for a further 30 seconds.

Eat warm or leave to cool and get a bit crunchier.

Adjust your spices and spenda to taste, some may want to add more than ½ tsp.

Update:

I have made these using plain yoghurt instead of milk.

This seems to hold the mixture together better and is more moist than using milk,

Could be an idea to keep one of these handy in your bag, just in case you get stuck in a meeting, traffic etc and can't access any dukan friendly food.

Don't forget that once at the crunchy stage ie left for a few minutes, you can crumble it to liven up plain yoghurt.

Quick question does anyone have a cut off time for when they stop eating e.g. no food after 8pm ??? as I know I will be late home tonight at about 11pm is it too late to chomp on some (2) chicken legs if i'm peckish? or should I just have the chicken legs for tomorrows lunch.

In the book the Dr says you can eat at any time of day provided you are not full.

My exception is if its a food that is particularly salty I won't eat that in the evening as it always causes a little gain the next day.

The other day I came in from the pub at about 12.30am (I was on diet coke!) and was so peckish I decided to eat my breakfast -dukan porridge -there and then. I had a 2lb loss the next morning!

whoop whoop 2 lb loss fantastic, and I will take your tips of things that are not salty, ( as I know he says this as well not to add salt)

and I must read the book again.

thanks for helping

tryer

Welcome to all newbies...

Just one comment if I might - the recipes from Rednicola aren't ok for attack as wheatbran is now considered a tolerated item and only ok in Cruise IF one is satisifed with one's loss. Ditto for the toffee yoghurts. If you're losing while having them, fine... but if you note a stall, you'll know where to start making changes.

Someone asked about diet drinks. Diet coke, coke zero is fine. Drinks should contain no more than 1 calorie per 250 glass which counts out most other fizzy drinks. No fruit obviously either.

ENJOY!
And please check out our FAQ section, fill out your User CPs, open diaries, etc etc.

Sorry thought I'd put on the recipe that I don't use the wheatbran and only have my muffins plain I never add toffee yoghurt xxx ooops really sorry tryer xxxx

Rednicola, It's cool, and yes I think you did or I interperated that you did,
I know the muffins have to versatile to the different stages, so I know I can only use 1.5 tbl spoons of oat bran and thats all. ( and i'm just using fromage frais ).

So thanks for the heads up though ( very much appreciated ) , and just in case anyone else interperated this differently please make a note of what maintainer said.

You all are fantastic, and thanks for looking out for us all, I hope oneday I will be able to adv newbies as well.
x

tryer said:
Rednicola, It's cool, and yes I think you did or I interperated that you did,
I know the muffins have to versatile to the different stages, so I know I can only use 1.5 tbl spoons of oat bran and thats all. ( and i'm just using fromage frais ).

So thanks for the heads up though ( very much appreciated ) , and just in case anyone else interperated this differently please make a note of what maintainer said.

You all are fantastic, and thanks for looking out for us all, I hope oneday I will be able to adv newbies as well.
x

Phew hate telling anybody something wrong ;) xx how's it going ,,

It's going good, drank 3 ltrs yesterday of very very very weak orange low cal squash,

just stuck to that chicken I bought yesterday as well,

got in from darts at about 12am in morning, was really good as well as while everyone was having a beer I only had water.

didn't go on the wii as i wanted too so a little it bummed about that but was really tired and just wanted to sleep, ( only bonus was that I was standing up all night at darts.)

I'm trying not to jump on the scales every day and will weigh in on mondays. ( i'm abit apprehensive )

I'm feeling ok mentally, and am still spurred on to stick to dukan, especially when i'm surrounded by slim people at work.
Physically I feel just the same at the moment.

how did you get on and feel when in your first week? and how do you feel and get on now ?

tryer said:
It's going good, drank 3 ltrs yesterday of very very very weak orange low cal squash,

just stuck to that chicken I bought yesterday as well,

got in from darts at about 12am in morning, was really good as well as while everyone was having a beer I only had water.

didn't go on the wii as i wanted too so a little it bummed about that but was really tired and just wanted to sleep, ( only bonus was that I was standing up all night at darts.)

I'm trying not to jump on the scales every day and will weigh in on mondays. ( i'm abit apprehensive )

I'm feeling ok mentally, and am still spurred on to stick to dukan, especially when i'm surrounded by slim people at work.
Physically I feel just the same at the moment.

how did you get on and feel when in your first week? and how do you feel and get on now ?

Hey glad its going good for you and wow you had a busy day ...I'm sure as long as your active that's all that matters and not sat on the couch all day ....im sure alk that adds up to your activity x

God your good not weighing I jeep trying not too but it's so addictive :( I lost 5 in my first week and lost 2.5 this week I'm loving it not hungry and my sweet cravings have gone .

You'll start noticing a difference soon I'm sure at least we know it works eh x

it's really tempting to weigh my self but just doing the count down till monday not long now.

I have a dilema and am planning on not ruining this diet.

on the 27th I have a buffet meal planned at red hot buffet near where I live ( manchester)

so I don't know what to do by that time i will be in cruise, so do i go and try and have as much plain meat that I can find and a few veggies that are on the list. ( never been before so not sure if everything has sauce on it = I can't eat it ).

or do I have my dinner before hand and go and get some food and push it around the plate but eat the veg.
I don't want to be different than everybody else, and I want to go as I organised it 6 weeks ago for me and a load of mates.
I don't want to take a night of this diet ( because I know what i'm like , I'm a bit of an all or nothing person).

help guys so I can plan ahead !

Here's the menu:
Red Hot World Buffet

What I do before going to a restaurant is to study their menu, when I'm not hungry, decide what I'm having and then I "merely" have to get a friend to order it if I'm feeling wobbly!

As you say, it's not worth ruining your hard work for one evening out and it'd be unlikely you'd find the enthusiasm to get restarted again before Christmas etc etc...

Drink seems to be where some people have problems, so I'm always upfront about it... diet coke all the way ;)

Wow that red hot buffet place is amazing - reasonable amount of choice for a dukaneer too - hope you enjoy it. Just keep in your mind all the delicious things you can have and stick plan - then you'll enjoy your evening and feel just great the next day.

Remember as well though, never a good idea to weigh yourself after a night out - as probably eat more than you would at home - and later too.

Happy that there is a good amount of choice was worried that with over 300 world dishes I wouldn't be able to have anything. So now that I know there is deffinately a choice I will ENJOY and be good. Gonna try and fill my belly with water before I go, so I don't eat all 300+ dishes ha ha ha
Cheers teddy67

Back