Hi Guys

Sorry to hear that it is affecting you in such a way. You know we are all here for you.

Good for you Shaz, just go away and have a nice holiday and Xmas and worry about the extra weight you would like to lose in January.

Hows the weekend been Rach???

OK I understand!! Didnt have a good weekend myself on the food side....but back to healthy eating this week in work....(the little food devil is still well alive!!!)

Well I ended up having a bit of a row with hubby last night. Its was our 18th Wedding Anniversary and although I've said I'm coming off the diet for a few weeks, I'm finding it really difficult to do it. I know that should be good news, but he doesn't think so. We went out and he ordered a lovely bottle of plonk. I had a glass and sipped at it all night...............now he knows I usually neck a glass of wine, but with every sip I was thinking of the carbs. I don't think I'd be as bad if I wasn't going away wearing swimwear in a few weeks time! Has anyone else experience this when they came off the diet?

Oh dear Shaz sorry to hear that. I am assuming that your argument was that you want to keep the weight off at least until you go on your holiday so you feel good about yourself. Could you not say that when you go on holiday you will relax a little more and enjoy yourself? Sounds to be like he is missing his drinking/eating partner and he preferred you better with the weight on. Is he insecure Shaz. Does he think he is going to lose you?

Oh dear Shaz sorry to hear that. I am assuming that your argument was that you want to keep the weight off at least until you go on your holiday so you feel good about yourself. Could you not say that when you go on holiday you will relax a little more and enjoy yourself? Sounds to be like he is missing his drinking/eating partner and he preferred you better with the weight on. Is he insecure Shaz. Does he think he is going to lose you?

Hi Rachel.

My OH just doesn't want the diet to take over my life. He has carried on eating/drinking as normal so its not really affected him. He sent me a beautiful anniversary card and it says........"you've never looked better", so he doesn't prefer me with the weight on. He has never told or hinted for me to lose weight. He genuinely loves me whether I'm fat or thin. With regards to insecurity that is not a problem. My hubby is absolutely gorgeous. He knows I love him to bits and I know he loves me too. He is just concerned that its all I'm talking/thinking about. As you can see I'm on this site all the time(when I should really be working!!) as it is on my mind all the time. He doesn't want it to become an obsession.....and he is right. How can you feel guilty for eating a granary muffin or a piece of fruit???? Its because its going against everything I've learned on this diet, but he doesnt understand that, he just sees me refusing what he clasifies as healthy food.

Oh well I'll eat well and go back onto LT in the new year.

Good luck with your losses Rachel. You are doing FAB.

LOL, When you put it like that Shaz I actually think I agree with him!! You sound like you have a very caring lovely husband who is genuinely just worried about you and if you flip the tables and see it from his point of view i would not blame him!! Lol I hope you have made up with each other now because its awful when there is a bad atmosphere hanging around!!

Yep hun...........we made up last night:eek:

and you are right, I do have a loving caring husband......and he's sexy as hell to boot!!!! LOL
xx

Phew - glad to hear that thread ended well....hope you both are doing fine guys!!

We've been together 22 years and married 18yrs Bea (yes I was 15 when we met and 19 when we got married:eek:).....I think the odd row isn't bad (plus the making up is good;)). My hubby to be honest is not an argumentative person, but he was concerned the diet was taking over my life............which dont tell him, but it was and still kind of is!! I think it has to if you dont want to gain again, otherwise I'll end up where I started. I'm now making it appear I'm eating everything I want, but unbeknowns (how the heck do you spell that!!) to him everything I eat/drink has been carefully selected. I know I've been talking about it alot so I'm not talking about it when he's around........I'm making him sound like a control freak, but he's not. Just a nice guy who wants his wife to be happy....thing is I'm happier slim and being selective with food then fat and eating whatever I want. I'd love to be like him, slim AND can eat whatever he wants...git..lol!!

Well guys, I've been eating lots of salad/veggies/meats/fish plus I've had a granary roll and a wholemeal roll. I am out of ketosis now and have been for a few days. I'm feeling fine. My stomach has been ok and I've not had any weight gain. I was told by the pharmasist that I would probably put a few pounds straight back on, but I've not yet. She said if I continue to do a low carb/fat diet then I'll still lose fat, but the scales may not show it as water etc is being replaced. Don't worry about refeeding guys.....I've found it a breeze.

Just over 2wks for my holiday now....... I CAN'T WAIT!!!
x

Oh thats great news...I havent gained either in the last few weeks...even though I am eating for two! My hubby was supportive too but I think he found LT a pain and was dying for me to kick back and enjoy a meal with him....and was also worried about what would happen when I went back on normal food if I didnt learn to eat properly....so I know where you are coming from......cos I am pregnant and I putting "diet" thoughts out of my head but being fat can make you sooooo sad inside and you just dont want to go back there......

Have a fab holiday...you deserve it!!!

Bea I hope Rachel is not right. When I was pregnant that was the only time I loved my body. It felt amazing to have that little person growing inside. A real miracle. I honestly loved the way my stomach looked......the curves. My hubby found it very sexy. Problem was once my daughter was born the bump dissappeared, but the tummy remained. Enjoy the pregnancy. After all weight is soooooo unimportant when you think about your health and the health of your little baby.

Below is a picture of my beautiful nephew. I LOVE HIM SOOOOOOO MUCH.
:D:D:D:D
IMG_213972%20duotoned%20sharpened.jpg

Hi guys,

Here is my before picture. Notice the body is hid......any that showed the body never got kept. I look slimmer then I actually was, but you can still see the fat face.........which is gone now (the fat not the face!!!) I'll get my hubby to take some pictures on my holiday and I'll post them when I get back.

IMG_190116%20unblurred%20and%20unsharpened%20b&w.jpg

Hi guys,

Here is my before picture. Notice the body is hid......any that showed the body never got kept. I look slimmer then I actually was, but you can still see the fat face.........which is gone now (the fat not the face!!!) I'll get my hubby to take some pictures on my holiday and I'll post them when I get back.

Love the fab photo...you look really lovely with your hunky hubby!!!

UH OH Bea, that sounds like you are starting to show now and starting to think you look fat?

LOL...No I dont feel feel fat at all (actually for the first time in years).....although I am developing a little bump...all my size 12s still fit me as before which is great only as I dont want to tell work etc until I am at least 16 weeks... the only comment I have gotten in work has been for a girl who sits in the next office..."funny to see you eating!!!!" Am on line checking out nice maternity gear.....for next year!! Also first scan next Friday....really excited.....

Back