Hi, New Here

Hi everyone.

I stumbled across this forum when I googled slimming world success stories. :) I'm from the USA and this plan was recommended to me by a friend in Ireland. Why we don't have this plan here, I have no idea. It sounds great! I'm starting tomorrow...wish me luck.

P.S. I've been looking through the Before/During/After pics and am really inspired!

Hello and welcome!

Have you got any reference material to follow the plan? There is lots of good info on the official SW website to get you started off and plenty of recipes and advice here to help you on your way!

Good luck...

Hola!

Welcome to the forum, you'll end up as addicted as the rest of us soon Im sure! They are a great bunch on here and Im sure you'll soon feel at home.

Good luck with your plan :)

greetings from sunny hull in the Uk lol, all the best with SW, its a great diet once u get used to the right foods. Also everyone on here is very helpful

Nope!

Well...I don't think so anyway.

No, we don't have it here, unfortunately. I purchased the materials from eBay and my friend is mailing some old SW magazines to me as well. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome; this board seems to be a great source for information and encouragement.

That being said...lol...maybe someone can answer this for me. My favourite chili (beans) is Taco Chili and I was wondering if it's ok to have on a green day? The ingredients are as follows (it makes a huge pot of chili):

2 cans (tins?) pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
2 cans chopped or diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
and
3 tablespoons of the following taco seasoning (store any extra in an airtight container):
Mix:
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons cumin
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/8- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne

Hello and welcome :D I'm sure you will love the plan as it is just going back to basic healthy eating and does become a way of life!

I'm afraid I'm not really an authority on green days so you may wish to post that in the syns section to see if anyone knows, you'll probably get a quicker answer :D

Looking forward to seeing you progress :D

K xx

Hi and welcome :)
For your chilli to be free on a green day you either need to make sure your lean mince is a measured amount to use as a Healthy Extra B Choice OR swap the meat for Quorn (meat substitute) mince.
I would be tempted to leave it out altogether or, if it's just for texture use TVP and a beef stock cube.
Hope that helps :)

welcome to sw and minimins! x

No, we don't have it here, unfortunately. I purchased the materials from eBay and my friend is mailing some old SW magazines to me as well. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome; this board seems to be a great source for information and encouragement.

That being said...lol...maybe someone can answer this for me. My favourite chili (beans) is Taco Chili and I was wondering if it's ok to have on a green day? The ingredients are as follows (it makes a huge pot of chili):

2 cans (tins?) pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
2 cans chopped or diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
and
3 tablespoons of the following taco seasoning (store any extra in an airtight container):
Mix:
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons cumin
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/8- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne

this looks fine for an Extra Easy day (though not sure if your friend has explained Extra Easy to you) - there's information on this forum about it. Good luck xxx

Hi and welcome :)
For your chilli to be free on a green day you either need to make sure your lean mince is a measured amount to use as a Healthy Extra B Choice OR swap the meat for Quorn (meat substitute) mince.
I would be tempted to leave it out altogether or, if it's just for texture use TVP and a beef stock cube.
Hope that helps :)

What is TVP?

TVP - plastic meat, my mum used to call it when I was veggie as a kid!

It stands for textured vegetable protein and it's like quorn mince really.

Hallo Kristin:)
I am from Germany as well but living in Cheshire now. Where about are you from? I will be starting on SW tonight. Hope it goes well

Sabine

Ah, thanks for the advice and welcomes, everyone. I'll just leave the meat out to be sure. :)

Hi, I now live in France but did SW many years ago when I lived in the UK sucessfully(why oh why did I let it all go back on?). I still have all my old books and have just started it again. Am hoping for some support and help on the forum to try to keep me on the straight and narrow.

xxx

Just to say welcome aboard to you both, be prepared to get addicted to this forum lol, the help and advice is second to none. Good luck on your weight loss journey. xxx Loobylou

Back