Hi :)

Tubs

I posted this in the introductions section but thought I'd post it here too :)

Hi, I'm new to minimins. I'm starting Lipotrim tomorrow(was supposed to start today!), but thanks to a recurrant throat infection and a useless GP I have no idea whether I can take solpadol while on lipotrim? I also have another batch of antibiotics to take but would really love to start the lipotrim asap, so I'm wondering if it will affect weightloss.

Sorry for my ramblings :eek:

TIA

D

Hi Tubs,

Welcome to MiniMins and I hope you will make yourself at home.

You would be better off waiting until you have finished your medication and are feeling better in yourself again. Your not really suppose to do a VLCD when your feeling under par.

That way you will be more ready for it, for once you start the last thing you want is to have to break it as first time around is the 'golden time' so best to make the most of it:)

In the mean time you can do a preparation week by cutting down on carbs and slowly increasing your water intake, you probably will lose weight as well and this way you will get into ketosis much quicker and won't suffer the carb withdrawal.

For now you can do all your body measurements and take some before photos and your weight of course.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Tubs, welcome to the lipotrim forum, well done on finding it. As Mini has said it will be better for you to start after your medication has finished and when you feel fit enough.

Do take your measurements as if the loss does slow down you will find your inch loss will tell the bigger story.....the photos even though I hated having mine done shows just how much your body is changing.

Thanks for your replies :D

Cutting carbs might be the way to go for this week then. I've already hugely increased my water intake and quit diet coke(I was drinking at least 2L a day :eek: ) since I quit smoking 5wks ago and have had a horrible sore throat since, you'd think it would be better rather than worse lol. But even with walking every second day, cutting back to half portions of food(side plate instead of big dinner plate) and drinking gallons of water, I've managed to put on half a stone in 5wks :(

I really can't affort to put on anymore, that's why I want to start the lipotrim asap. I got my DH to take some before photos last night, and not I know why I don't have a full length mirror in the house :( I look awful!!!!

I've started the day on water and solpadol, I had planned on taking a shake around 12. If I'm not feeling well after the solpadol(sometimes it burns the oul tummy) I'll eat, if I'm alright I'll have a shake ;)

Thanks again,

D

Cutting carbs might be the way to go for this week then. I've already hugely increased my water intake and quit diet coke(I was drinking at least 2L a day :eek: ) since I quit smoking 5wks ago and have had a horrible sore throat since, you'd think it would be better rather than worse lol. But even with walking every second day, cutting back to half portions of food(side plate instead of big dinner plate) and drinking gallons of water, I've managed to put on half a stone in 5wks :(

I am very impressed that you have given up diet coke as it seems to be almost as hard as giving up smoking and you have done both:clap: :clap: :clap:

You better off not weighing yourself if your going to get upset by the scales and just let your chemist do that for you.

If your drinking a lot of water that will show up on the scales as weight gain as 1 litre of water weighs 2.20 lbs. If you must weigh yourself, weigh first thing in the morning after you have a pee and before you eat or drink anything.

I got my DH to take some before photos last night, and not I know why I don't have a full length mirror in the house :( I look awful!!!!

I think nearly all of us get upset with our before photos, if you look on the Before and After photo Inspirational thread as what is achievable it will give you plenty of motivation.

I fully recommend you go out and buy a full length mirror and put it somewhere you will see yourself as you walk by as this does help with self esteem issues as you can practice your affirmation and learn to love and approve of yourself.

I had the sore throat after I gave up smoking and I found gargling with warm salt warm worked well over time. I also seemed to get every cold under the sun after I stopped smoking...

I think your right in taking control of your weight now as I did not at the time and I swapped eating for smoking.:(

My sister on the other hand put in place walking and swimming and never gained any weight when she gave up smoking. Mind you she never had a sweet tooth so that helped:sigh:

Love Mini xxx

hi tubs,welcome. am one week in and about the same weight as you,have lost 10 pounds this week and i cant say i really found it that hard,bit hungry day two but gallons of water put paid to that . my only complaint is a mouth like a sock,am told this will pass. good luck and again,WELCOME

Hi Tubs,

Welcome to Minimins :D . The others are right, you shouldn't be dieting on SS if you are under the weather. If you find the solpadol burns your tummy though then try the tablets or capsules.

They work the same way but without the yukky fizzy drink! :p

Good luck with the cutting carbs, it'll be much easier on you once you've done that :D

Well I decided to go for it! I know I'm not 100% at the moment, but to be honest, I can't remember the last time I was so I don't want to use that as an 'excuse' not to start :)

I went and bought some panadol actifast instead of the solpadol and I'll take them when my throat gets sore. I've been driking water with crushed ice(thanks to my cool new icemaking fridge lol) and chewing the ice, so it feels like I'm eating :D I've had one shake and it wasn't nice, but it wasn't unbearable either :) I've taken some measurements which I'll stick in my signature now and update regularly :D

Thanks again for the support

D

p.s. Mini, giving up the diet coke was probably harder than the cigarettes! I no longer crave cigarettes, but still crave diet coke occasionally :eek:

Hope your first day goes well, you will get used to the drinks soon.....I`d say by the end of the second week. Though I can honestly say I love them now....though I could not stick the vanilla, so I got one a few weeks ago and am going to pluck up the courage to try it again.

If you need to yell at someone Im usually around if not will bound to be on pretty soon as Im addicted to this site.

Thanks Sonkie :D

I'm just having my second shake at the moment, a Vanilla.. and it's not half as bad as the strawberry. It kinda tastes like milk! I used the blender this time as I had a lot of lumps and powdery bumps in the last one which wouldn't have helped it's flavour lol

I'm saving the chocolate for tonight, I'll have it hot before bed :D

The lipo bag says you can drink any 'leaf' teas, are there any in particular you can't drink? Or is it just stuff like strawberry etc that you can't drink?

Thanks,

D

AS Jazz said just leaf tea...no fruit.
I tried the chocolate hot but wasnt keen but you wont know until you try it, though you prefer the vanilla yet I was gagging on mine....lol.
They are definately better blended, I use a hand blender.

p.s. Mini, giving up the diet coke was probably harder than the cigarettes! I no longer crave cigarettes, but still crave diet coke occasionally :eek:

I have a friend who is hooked on Coke full strength and goes into awful withdrawal when she tries to even cut down.

It has stripped the enamel off her teeth and she had beautiful teeth.:eek:

Never cared for the stuff myself.

I was a big diet coke drinker, but since being on this diet....I tried a tiny bit when we were out and ex......(gotta get used to saying that)....had a bottle and omg it burnt my throat. I was shocked ...lol. I wasnt keen on the taste either....definately prefer water now

Hi Tubs,

It is interesting how you found giving up smoking was much easier.

Hi Sonya,

I think your taste buds do change when on the diet.

It will take time to get used to saying 'ex' after how many years of being married:confused:

It was 15years altogether....

My taste buds have definately changed I dont fancy the rubbish I used to eat, I want salads, chicken and fruit.

Back