Hi

Hiya sweets don't worry about it you must've needed to catch up on sleep. I didn't manage to get on myself, my :character00148: blew at home ... alright slight exaggeration the power cord fused ... I bought new fuses from the local shop but it didn't work, so I'll call into PC World today and pick up a new one on my way home from work so fingers crossed that IS whats wrong with it, work was manic so didn't manage to even check my e-mails.

Not watched Hells Kitchen yet will watch it tonight gonna watch Bake off now all paperwork upto date and the phones not even ringing :cool:. Have you ever watched Baking made Easy with Lorraine Pascale ? well she has a new one Home Cooking Made Easy its not bad I caught the tail end of it on Monday.

My food yesterday
Breakfast : Fruit & Onken yoghurt
Snack : Alpen Light Bar
Lunch : Salad Bowl, Apple
Snack : Alpen Light Bar
Dinner : Fussilli Pasta with a Tomato & Pepper Sauce (SW recipe minus the olives as Thaila doesn't like them)
Snack : Crisps
Drinks : Black Coffee with sweeteners & 2lts of water

My food today
Breakfast : 2 weetabix
Snack : Pear and an apple
Lunch : Pastie (been at hospital no time for a lunch)
Snack : Crispbread with extra light philly cheese
Dinner : Chicken Korma with Rice (SW recipe) :eat:
Snack : Chopped pineapple, grapes, strawberries & yoghurt
Drinks : Black Coffee with sweeteners & 2lts of water

Wow I'm bloated just looking at that lol. Been looking back through my meal plans and realised I'm not eating as much salad as I thought I was :eek:

Have a good day x x

Well done!
Any tips - im only just starting my journey
xoxo

Oh and the taster session was fab everyone loved the chickpea cakes I managed to grab one before they all got snaffled ha ha there was some lovely stuff there trifles without the syns but I don't like them, chocolate cakes, curries, different rices, cous cous, pasta humous there was even a smash cake but I wasn't brave enough to taste it, I did however pick up the recipe so I'm going to make it for tomorrow my sister and her kids are coming for dinner lets see if they can tell hee hee :giggle::8855:

I lost 0.5lbs so i'm now back on track woop woop x x

Hi Gottasleepnow

:welcome2: how are you finding it so far ? At first I was dubious to the amounts of food you can eat AND lose weight it doesn't seem right. Stock up on fat / sugar free jellies, yoghurts, cheese spreads, I like to keep chicken in the fridge as its not syned, there are loads of recipes on here, online and in the SW mags. To start with it is a bit trial and error finding things that you like, that said many of my favorite foods have been turned into low syn or syn free foods and the taste is just as good if not better.

Hope you enjoy if you get stuck just post on here x x

Hi love, well I hope I've not spoiled hells kitchen for you I thought you would have watched it mon night, sorryyyyyyyyyyyyy.

You were at the hospital?? Hope all is okay at your end. This is a really quick one as am getting ready for work and you know I don't like working in my nightie...

Speak later. XXX

HI hunni

Did you manage to get dressed for work :eek:

I'm good thanx fractured my finger about two weeks ago and the doc didn't think it was healing properly so I had to go for another x-ray, weird though they x-rayed it strapped it back up and said they'd send a report to my doctor :confused:

Just watched HK and OMG you didn't ruin it, it was well worth watching I can't wait for next weeks did you see Elise's face at the end when Gordon told her to take off her jacket ha ha classic :8855:. Did you end up watching The Great British Bakeoff ? ? I think the right person won but I won't say whom in case you haven't watched yet but I filled up for her it was well deserved and the reaction she got from everyone was lovely.

My Food Today :
Breakfast : 2 weetabix
Snack : Julienne veg and humous
Lunch : Jacket potato with spring onion & philly cheese (yum)
Snack : Onken yoghurt
Dinner : Speed Soup
Snack : SW cake (not sure which one to make yet)
Drinks : Black Coffee with sweeteners, 2lts of water.

Have a good shift are you going to WI tomorrow ? ?

Oh my word just got to say the chicken curry was to die for it was totally lush and it's syn free on EE and Original :eek::eating: Thaila asked if she could have it again tomorrow ha ha (its in the Oct issue page 76 if you fancy giving it a go :D ).

x x

Morning love. Yes I managed to get dressed. I did watch the great british bake off and agree that the right person one, her cakes looked wonderful I think everyone thought holly would win but I am glad ***** won, whoops forgot her name. Hells kitchen was ace and elise's face at the end was brill but I think he just wants to shock them because they are all crap at the moment, I think he makes them all go back to basics or something like that.

Am taking a hol from WI 2moro, only because I am knackered and on 6 nights in a row and it's a taster session so the image therapy will be cut short, would go if on a day off but will go next week, am still on track and hoping for a loss of 4 lb next week to give me my 2.5 st award. whoop whoop.

I think your taste buds and mine must be worlds apart because that pasta quiche was awful and nearly made me :9529:Yuk Yuk Yuk. However having said that please send me the chicken curry recipe and I will give it a go.

Sorry to hear about your finger, how in the hell did you do it in the first place? Hope it gets better soon:flowers:

My food for today
bfast
muller light
lunch
pillow as usual
tea
3 toast (b)
beans
marmite
2 fried eggs

milk for drinks (a)
diet pop

I know it isn't much but I struggle when on work days due to sleeping all day and I hate eating at work because by the time I get a chance it's 1 am like now and not hungry then.....whinge over

I agree with you I thought Holly would win but she made LOADS of mistakes in this one I think she got a lil bit cocksure of herself as did the other one Mary something or other, but I loved Jo she was so modest and unsure of her own skills.

You've made me question whether it was the pasta quiche, batchelors pasta, cottage cheese, eggs and spring onions is that the recipe you have, I also have one for a rice quiche I might've been thinking of that one :confused:

As long as you're sure you're sticking to plan I'll let you miss WI tomorrow but I can understand where you're coming from working silly hours when I used to work in nightclubs I was getting home about half 5 Thursdays to Mondays and when I think back thats when I was having 1 meal a day and even that was when I could be bothered.

But oh yes 2.5 stone award next week you beauty you know its your's don't you ? well don't cha :D

You don't eat much when you've done a night shift do you, you make me feel like a heffer when I look at our menus and mine practically covers the page ha ha ha :8855:

Fingers still bent and a bit sore don't know what all the fuss is about

Anywho Creamy Chicken Korma

Ingredients :
Fry Light, 3 Bay Leaves, 1 Cinnamon Stick, 2 tsp Cardamom pods crushed, 1/4 tsp Cloves crushed, 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds, 1 Onion finely grated, 1 tbsp Ground Coriander, 1 tbsp Ground Cumin, 2 1/2 in Piece of Root ginger finely grated, 3 Garlic cloves crushed, 200g Chopped Tomatoes, 2 tsp Korma Curry Powder, 8 Skinless Chicken Fillets cut bite size, 7fl oz Chicken Stock, Salt & Pepper, 5 tbsp FF Fromage Frais, Handful Fresh Mint Leaves.

Method
1. Spray a large pan with fry light place on a high heat, add the bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, crushed cloves, cumin seeds, onion and stir fry for 5 - 6 mins.
2. Add the ground coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and korma curry powder, stir fry for 3 - 4 mins.
3. Add the chicken and stock. Bring to the boil and season. Cover turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 - 25 mins stirring occasionally.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and garnish with the mint leaves.
5. Serve

It says serve with fat free yoghurt topped with chilli flakes and a tomato and red onion salad.

Free on EE & Original
Total Time 45 minutes
Serves 4.

I didn't have any cinnamon sticks or fresh garlic so just added extra of the grounded variety.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Was going to have some for my lunch but Thaila's claimed what was left.

Hi yep it was the pasta in sauce, cottage cheese, onions and egg one . :yuk::yuk::yuk: How anyone can eat that cold is beyond me. Anyway am writing this as I eat breakfast before going to bed, slight change to plan as I found a bargain in my local heron shop this morning 1kg Onken natural yoghurt 69p, yep a whole bloody kilo for 69p so guess what I bought 2 pots. They work out about 6 syns for the whole pot and a normal person would probably get 3 - 4 dishes out of a tub but not greedy chops here nooooooooo I am sat here with half a kilo of it with chopped apples and prunes mixed in and all for 3 syns and a b choice. Well worth the syns, sooo thick and creamy, tastes like luxary. What were you saying about me not eating much? You want to see me know with my nose well and truly in the trough, oink oink. (greedy pig me :8855:)

Sending this for your poorly finger :bighug:. Thanks for letting me off the WI tonight, I promise I have not fell of the slimming truck and I WILL GET MY 2.5 STONE AWARD NEXT WEEK. Looking forward to WI next week already cos I feel like I will have lost the 4 lbs needed.:bliss:Whoops better not celebrate till next thursday when I see if I did it or not.

Well Sammie thats your zilla fix for the moment, will post again in the morning when on my break, I look forward to my breaks cup of tea and some Sammie time, :rotflmao:

Nearly forgot ta for the curry recipe will add it to my pile of ones to try when I get some time off.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHH Help help help..... Couldn't sleep well today got a few things on my mind, you know how it is and when I got up I thought I'd have some more of that yummy yoghurt so finished the pot :17729: then thought as i was doing so well I had better just check the syns for it so my food diary would be correct and OMG no wonder it tasted like a luxary in my mouth the whole pot is 15 :eek: yes bloody 15 :eek: syns aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
am not a happy bunny with myself I should have checked it first :cry:, it seems it is made with whole milk and that's why it's so high synned. Problem is I now have another kg of it in the fridge and I loathe loathe wasting money. Do I throw it away? I may take it to work and see if anyone wants it? There's no way I am eating it myself, 15 syns for natural yoghurt no way no matter how nice it tasted, here I was trying to keep syns low and buggar me yoghurt is the enemy. It's no good you telling me to just have a bit of it each day as I am not that sort of woman, lol I am an all or nothing person, never 1 biscuit from the pack but the whole packet if you know what I mean :eek:, hence the weight problem I now have (but not for much longer, eh).

Hope your day is better than mine cos I feel well pi**ed off now, what with that and only getting 3.5 hours sleep not looking like it's going to be a good night for me eh. God I need a hug.

Well you thought I was having a bad day didn't you well it just got worse. Thought I would try and get a bit more sleep before work tonight went to put my bowl in the kitchen and found water coming in my boiler cupboard from one of the flats above so now have to stay up whilst i await a workman to come and sort it out again!!!! This has happened hundreds of times no exaggeration, it's soooo annoying been looking for somewhere else to live but anything decent in area I want is outside my salary, what a bummer. Could my day get any worse? Will let you know :cry::cry::cry:

Well are you ready for the next installment of my **** day!!! My son came home from work and then the plumber arrived just as I was leaving for work, I had tried calling work to see if I could have the night off to sort the plumber out but the ward must have been busy because no one answered. So anyway am nearly at work when my son phoned me to inform me that the water was coming from 5 yes 5 floors above, where an old woman lives and the plumber can get no answer, the flat below her is a right mess but the lady didn't think to call the plumbers out WHAT!!! anyway the plumber said they couldn't just break in and it would probably be morning now before it was sorted out so i would have water coming through all night. Well that was the straw that broke the camels back, the floodgates opened and I had a good bawl in my friends car :cry::cry::cry:I phoned work and they were really good considering the really short notice and said they would try and sort out emergency leave or I would use a days holiday I said I didn't mind and with that I came home. Sure enough the water is coming in the cupboard a bit faster now so have put towels down in the frontroom on the shelves and moved all the chairs etc away from the wall where the water normally comes down when floods get bad,(can't you tell this has happened before) Then I thought I'd better vent my frustration on here.

Well it's now 7 30am and the water is still coming through the kitchen cupboard but thankfully the frontroom seems yet unaffected. Just telephoned them to see what they are going to do now and they have said they will get back to me, I voiced my dismay that they have left it overnight and said it's not right to leave water coming into people's property for this long.

Well the saga continues. They just phoned me back and said that they had managed to speak to flat 155 by phone and she said her flat is dry (was she in all night then, when the plumber was knocking on her door????) I asked if she was in all night and the person on the phone said they mentioned that the plumber had been knocking on her door last night but the lady just ignored the comment. Anyway she says her flat is lovely and dry and that she has to go out this morning so she won't be in until 10am. So that's where it is at now, the plumber is going to her flat at 10am and then hopefully the problem can be sorted.

It's a really good job I don't drink and that I am in the zone otherwise I would be sloshed on vodka and stuffed with chocolate

Sammie are you ok, I am hoping it is just your broken computer keeping you off? Just remember I am here if you need me, as you can see from the last 24 hrs I have posted many times to keep me sane.

Anyway my food today is now going to be

bfast
none (whoops):eek:

lunch
chips (2) bacon (2b) cheese (2a) eggs

tea
yoghurt (3) apple

diet pop

Have decided to spread the pot of danger yoghurt out over three days and have it with apple.:D

Sammie, Sammie where for art thou Sammie???

Well I really hope that you are okay, I am doing okay now the water issue finally got sorted at 12 30pm yesterday (fri) afternoon. Flat 155 DID have a cracked pipe.

Have just had half of a most beautiful cup cake at work. We got a green on our NAS on days and also got a green on nights recently so to celebrate there was a big party on the ward earlier yesterday and they left some cakes for us to celebrate (nothing healthy was here and I mentioned that) anyway I decided to have some cake but I threw the other half away and was really happy with the fact that the old me wouldn't of been happy with a little taste of it and would quite honestly have devoured all that was in sight. As I am sat here on my break the other staff are sat with the biggest chocolate fudge cake I have seen and they are impressed that I said I don't want any. I am okay cos I had my little treat and I think that way I will avoid the rest of the cakes for the night. Every where I look though there is food food food. Each time I leave a room without touching it I feel so proud of myself and before coming into work tonight I bumped into an old work colleague that I don't really like and she commented on how good I was looking, well you could have knocked me down with a feather.

As I am writing this I can't help but wonder where you are Sammie. If you have fell of the wagon please don't worry, I will give you a kick up the bum and help you get back on the wagon. If it's your computer cable then I hope it gets sorted soon, cos this is like talking to myself and people are going to be committing me soon to the mad house :8855:

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHH Help help help..... Couldn't sleep well today got a few things on my mind, you know how it is and when I got up I thought I'd have some more of that yummy yoghurt so finished the pot :17729: then thought as i was doing so well I had better just check the syns for it so my food diary would be correct and OMG no wonder it tasted like a luxary in my mouth the whole pot is 15 :eek: yes bloody 15 :eek: syns aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
am not a happy bunny with myself I should have checked it first :cry:, it seems it is made with whole milk and that's why it's so high synned. Problem is I now have another kg of it in the fridge and I loathe loathe wasting money. Do I throw it away? I may take it to work and see if anyone wants it? There's no way I am eating it myself, 15 syns for natural yoghurt no way no matter how nice it tasted, here I was trying to keep syns low and buggar me yoghurt is the enemy. It's no good you telling me to just have a bit of it each day as I am not that sort of woman, lol I am an all or nothing person, never 1 biscuit from the pack but the whole packet if you know what I mean :eek:, hence the weight problem I now have (but not for much longer, eh).

Hope your day is better than mine cos I feel well pi**ed off now, what with that and only getting 3.5 hours sleep not looking like it's going to be a good night for me eh. God I need a hug.

Oh hunni :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: didn't come on yesterday was feeling under the weather my * week came early with a vengeance. WTH my consultant told me Fat Free Onken yoghurts were free as long as it was Natural, Strawberry or Vanilla got a friggin fridge full as they were £1 each - what a waste but maybe that explains the gain the other week when I thought I'd done well - :eek: How about making it into a SW cake that should spread the syns around abit. x x x

Back