Hips of doom have got to go!

Worked, zumba'd, eat, did my 1.5 litre water challenge. Just a warning to anyone in the east Anglian area - I've bought a treadmill so after Saturday if the ground shakes it's not a repeat of the rowhedge earthquake of 1884 but me trying to run!

Was a bit down after work thinking about what impact being overweight has had on me, but after another 100% day with exercise and knowing I will do more exercise and will stay committed, sitting up in bed listening to kisstory and reading!, I feel good. I'm so impatient weight loss is always hard. I constantly slip forward to the weigh in, 4 weeks down the line, 3 months etc, when I should focus on how I'm doing today and what more I can do to aid my loss. Lots of opportunity for fat busting this weekend and picking up the treadmill tomorrow hooray!!!

Well done you for shifting your perspective. It is good to fantasise about the future and tbh it does give the motivation so long as we deal with the here and now too. I read in may places about needing two sorts of motivation, the 'away from' motivation which is identifying the things we hate about whatever we are trying to change, I hate not fitting my nice clothes, not being able to see my real face as it is buried in fat, lacking in fitness. For a personal example. Then we also need a 'towards' motivation. The away from tends to only last until we have got far enough along the journey to start feeling we have left behind much of what we disliked, then we need a strong towards motivation to keep us going.

So dream on Mal m'dear, your desires will help you stay focused. But yes, painfully slow isn't it? That's one of the resons I found it so hard to start again.

Was a bit down after work thinking about what impact being overweight has had on me, but after another 100% day with exercise and knowing I will do more exercise and will stay committed, sitting up in bed listening to kisstory and reading!, I feel good. I'm so impatient weight loss is always hard. I constantly slip forward to the weigh in, 4 weeks down the line, 3 months etc, when I should focus on how I'm doing today and what more I can do to aid my loss. Lots of opportunity for fat busting this weekend and picking up the treadmill tomorrow hooray!!!

But it's not impatience it's you showing commitment but being realistic at the same time. The buying of the treadmill is a huge show of commitment too. I think these thoughts in essence probably end up being our motivator rather than being negative.

Anything worth doing takes time and effort. You deserve massive success and this time I belie it's going to happen.

Lisa xxx

Thanks you two. This time seems different. I'm not fervent, obsessed or thinking about it every minute: I'm just doing it. It seems normal. Usually I set targets. - by July 5 I need such and such loss, but not this time although I do look at what's possible sometimes. Usually I force a booze free month on myself but this time have found I've had no booze without noticing or thinking about it; I used to obsess about my syn use but I pretty much do the same each night and I love that (quark and Nutella).

You both talk such sense & I can't thank you enough for all the support you have given me. Yesterday I just felt like crying when I saw how fat my face was and when I felt the ache in my feet, but I soon snapped out of self pity and tried to move towards action. I've come to realise there is no point looking back, regretting, moaning, beating ourselves up or hating our bodies or minds: if something's not right we have to work on fixing it. Look at us all: so into it last year but we didn't give up and we are back here again and that's not failing but continuing to battle and wanting the change, which is the strongest thing. It's easy to think 'I got down to 13-2 last year and ended up 15-1 again' but all that shows is that it wasn't the right time. My head was most definitely not in the right place last year, but I'm hoping it is now as I feel so much better in myself and actually more accepting of what I'm like now. I've realised that while I feel uncomfy, unfit and self conscious big, it doesn't make me a bad person!

So ladies, the three musketeers have found their way back together and we are going to do this. Think how good the achievement will feel and how great when we get clothes out and can fit them again, when we dont ache and when we can run for the bus not sweating and panting, when we don't fear being the biggest in the room, when we can put on our swimwear without cringing etc. we are back on it and that is a very good thing - take control!

You're both great xx

YES.

It becomes normal. YES. And what is this normal? Making changes in what we shove in our gobs so that what goes in is to our benefit. Forgiving and loving ourselves enough to make choices that are good for us.

Food is so much more than nourishment and for those of us that struggle with it it symbolises so much, and we use it for so much more than fuel. One of the you tube interviews with some one whose name I forget atm said that if cup cakes didn't have the side effects they do they would be the perfect medicine. Portable, tasy and pretty effective.

I've worked with myself for so long and found so many reasons for over eating and yet like you the time feels right again and I'm blowed if I ever want to feel like I have been again.

Ps, something that works for me is to download the audio off youtube videos as an MP3 then I listen in the car or going to sleep. This website does it all for you. YouTube to MP3 Converter - Fast, Free - ListenToYouTube.com

70g oats with apple, banana, natural yog and milk
Danio yog (1.5)
Gherkins (!?)
Dhansak (1)

Some other syns but don't know what yet. Gave the treadmill a 10 min go but been busy all day and still not eaten dinner so that will do tonight. It can be my rest day. 1 morning til weigh in. Scary

Next weekend got a family weekend at center parcs. Food sorted and will do lots of walking, but no weigh in monday - will be Tuesday.

70g oats with apple, banana, natural yog and milk Danio yog (1.5) Gherkins (!?) Dhansak (1) Some other syns but don't know what yet. Gave the treadmill a 10 min go but been busy all day and still not eaten dinner so that will do tonight. It can be my rest day. 1 morning til weigh in. Scary Next weekend got a family weekend at center parcs. Food sorted and will do lots of walking, but no weigh in monday - will be Tuesday.

Think you've smashed it this week love - 2lb off at least :) :)

Lisa xxx

I hope so. I have eaten no carbs after 11 am every day except 1 when it was 2 pm. Drunk loads of water, exercised. Can't do much more than that really.

The sun is out and while I love how the world looks sunny I hate being so hot and sweaty. Going on a butterfly expedition and I'm dreading it. I do not doubt that if I were 11 stone it wouldn't be half the effort- and will keep that in mind as I use the body magic to achieve my aims. Let hope there are enough butterflies to take my mind of it. Have period so am a bit negative and emotional which will pass in a day or so (hopefully made better by a big loss!)

So far:

Scrambled egg, mushrooms, baked beans
Coffee x 2

Lunch will be a pack of quorn roasted fillets and some crunchy veg.

Dinner - tbc

No b choices yet so may be sunflower seeds or truffle oil.

That's why I'm doing mostly red. Cutting out potatoes, pasta and bread the most I can

Lisa xxx

I really think it works.

Today was great. Went to some beautiful places in Suffolk & saw some lovely wildlife, then did a bit of gardening & now watching x men
Dinner:

Sweet pot soup with thyme, rosemary & oregano
Quark and 2% total with Nutella & banana

Light but yummy. 10 hours til weigh in! Eek

I really think it works. Today was great. Went to some beautiful places in Suffolk & saw some lovely wildlife, then did a bit of gardening & now watching x men Dinner: Sweet pot soup with thyme, rosemary & oregano Quark and 2% total with Nutella & banana Light but yummy. 10 hours til weigh in! Eek

I shall be checking in early (ish) to see! :)

Lisa xxx

Weigh in and .................3.75 lbs off!!! Wow that's unheard of for me, the most I've lost in a week for years so HOORAY!!!!!!!! Logging it as 3.5 as sw site don't do quarters and I've got a quarter in the bank as next weeks going to be tricky with the center parcs visit - but this gives me motivation to be good. Off to change my stats - byeeeee

So happy for you! Well done.

Weigh in and .................3.75 lbs off!!! Wow that's unheard of for me, the most I've lost in a week for years so HOORAY!!!!!!!! Logging it as 3.5 as sw site don't do quarters and I've got a quarter in the bank as next weeks going to be tricky with the center parcs visit - but this gives me motivation to be good. Off to change my stats - byeeeee

That's brilliant!!! Well done :) :) :) xxx

Lisa xxx

Thanks ladies

Today:

70g oats
Apple
Banana
2% total (1)
Milk
Honey (1)

That saw me through til 2, then I had half a pack of sesame and almond tofu (2.5) and, weirdly, a gherkin

A fruyo vanilla (2). Pineapple

Tofu (again but plain), pepper, onion, mushroom, coriander, chillis, soy sauce. Too spicy so left half, it actually hurt!

Quorn roasted fillets

Not sure about syns.

Zumba 22 min class

Started planning food for the weekend. We are having 2 bbqs and one 'Italian night'. My plan is normal breakfast and salad lunch. Bbqs of: cauldron lincs sausages, veggie burger, roasted veg, beans, salad. Italian night: pasta with sauce (might syn some pesto), riso gallo mushroom risotto, salad. That should be enough and I should feel satisfied. Will take fruit and also quark and my beloved Nutella. I will lose this week even if it's a lb.

More tham a pound, you're on a roll now :)

Back