Hips of doom have got to go!

And you. Hope you get the loss you deserve. After my 2 days on plan I'm weighing 2 lbs heavier and I'm ovulating so hopes aren't high in fact they are low!

So I went to buy a maxi dress for work (plan to be able to have bare legs and yet they are covered) plus a dress for d's work party where I meet his colleagues for the first time. Well what can I say? Heifer maybe?! Balloooooon bum? Actually ha a good look from behind (mercifully with rights on) and ouch that was a painful sight.y hips are actually square. There they are and there is an additional bit stuck on the top of them like at a table. From the front they look round. Also why are so many dresses that stretchy material? I wobble when I walk and they make me look like I've got a load of jellies secreted under my clothes! I bought some stuff but I didn't feel great about any of it. It was 'passable' (maybe). I have really bought then to try then without tights and decide away from the neon glare of the changing room. Also why are there never any 18s? I was desperate and in case I couldn't get an 18 online bought two 16s. Why??!!!! What am I achieving?! The whole thing was crammed into my lunch hour and was haut about the most unappetising lunch I've had for years! Was meant to be having a working lunch out on the comapny tomorrow but will have to nibble a plain salad I think!

Aaargh, changing rooms with bright lights and many mirrors. I share your pain. They strip away any delusions we might have about ourselves. But ... I bet you see your body in a worse light than anyone else. Just a thought, the 18 that you are BOUND to find online should be more comfortable and look better than a too tight 16. Even if it is nice to have a smaller number written in our clothes. If you don't lose this week because of your hormones I am convinced you will make up for it next week. Fingers crossed anyway.

Aaargh, changing rooms with bright lights and many mirrors. I share your pain. They strip away any delusions we might have about ourselves. But ... I bet you see your body in a worse light than anyone else. Just a thought, the 18 that you are BOUND to find online should be more comfortable and look better than a too tight 16. Even if it is nice to have a smaller number written in our clothes. If you don't lose this week because of your hormones I am convinced you will make up for it next week. Fingers crossed anyway.

I don't know why I got the 16s (well I do I just didn't want to be left without the choice) but actually because it's a maxi dress with an acre of marterial and a big skirt with elastic waist they do actually fit. Even with my boobs, the 16 is a bit baggy under the arms so 18 will be too big there. I want to stress here that I am most definitely not a 16. I would be more than happy if that were my size. I.m not someone who says 'oh I'm so big' when really I'm a comfortable 16. I hold no truck with that kind of talk as would love to fit into 16s. Fitted dress 16s I have I can't do up and as for trousers I'm struggling in 18s. I don't think 18 is bad at all actually it's just the wobbliness and the lumps and bumps. You're right Micci people seem to view me smaller than I am (that's not me being paranoid though and imagining myself bigger than I am: they really do because they always think I weigh less) but today made me realise my true size. I saw myself as I actually really am and not the idealised slightly plump me that's in my mind and actually that's good. No point pretending I'm something I'm not. That's me and I'm all woman (haha!!!). I don't feel down or self conscious at all, I just think it's up to me what size I am so no excuses!

It's so blo0dy frustrating love - I know :( What are you going to do? xxx Lisa x

Need to give it a week and see. Weirdly I gain this tom so in a week may be a lot more down - will monitor it but wanted a few off for the party next week. 14-6 would've made me feel more confident

Not quite sure what happened to me yesterday. Bought LOADS of sweets. Eat some. Had only dry pieces and 'meat'balls for dinner though and I always think that's the thing with food - if you balance out you're ok. We went for a walk in the woods and to the pond last night.

It's been a diet disaster week. Friday - lunch and dinner out. Sat - lunch out. Snack out. Sun - lunch out. Monday - lunch out. Nothing today. Tuesday - breakfast out. Uhoh! Luckily I'm only paying for the brekkie or I'd be well and truly broke. Weirdly am a lb lighter than last week at the mo. Party Saturday so think this may have to be a 'holding week' then back on it Sunday. I've noticed if I eat out I eat less snacks. Also I feel satisfied quickly. Perhaps I should do it permanently!? Feeling like, with all this food out, I might be getting back into being ready for sw again properly. Keep thinking of having a push to get into the next stone bracket down so hoping that'll be July and August. The pressure is not there - slowly but surely!!

Good news on the 1lb off :)

Sadly it's 1 lb off the 2 lbs on!

It's still half gone now because you have got yourself on track again. Despite the sweets and everything. I stick by my previous comment ;)

Still off it but I am going to try this week starting tomorrow. Pmt is bad at the moment (nerves a bit jangly) and I have been off plan but that's not why. I feel all weird due to hormones and a bit delicate but the 'off planness' is just me at the moment - I can't blame pmt. That will pass soon enough and I haven't been good for weeks! Had the work do yesterday that I was nervous about and eat little (it was a hof roast and the veggie option was....pasta with roasted veg?!!). Had wine - 2.5 glasses over 5 hours so not bad. (175 glasses). I won a prize for my salad at the do - bottle of rose (luckily don't like rose) but also box of milk tray. Not finished them but d and I have got well stuck in and the amount of profiterole cases I tested last week must be in the millions! What was interesting is that at the do there was a table with about 20 desserts on it - about 4 pavlovas, mini fruit flans, choc and raspberry cheesecake, our profiteroles (lemon cream with white choc and pistachio and raspberry cream with dark choc), other profiteroles, choc cake, cupcakes of various varieties etcetcetc and I chose - fruit salad. I cannot deny that I had a few of our profiteroles to try them but that was that. Noticed too- went out today after oats and apple etc and had some m&s lentil curls as a snack but no lunch. Went to an open garden and had tea but chose a granola slice when there were cakes and chocolate galore. Home and gardened for hours and dinner was soya pieces, pepper, onion and mushroom with chilli sauce followed by 0% lemon yog. I'm beginning to realise my choices aren't actually that bad and I seem to eat less if I eat what I really want BUT I eat too many little snack things and I sit down too much. Need to think how I can make this work on sw. If I hadnt had the milk tray and had had glass or two less wine over Friday and sat then I think I'd be ok. Weight has been staying within 2 lbs up and down despite not following. Mums bday Friday and I'm off to surrey so there will be bubbles and cake and on sat we are out for dinner but will give this week a good go. I have lunch for tomorrow planned and have ingredients to make a few more nice lunches this week including digging up my pots for a potato salad. Will do a diary this week.

Should settle down to sleep but I am anxious tonight and feel quite awake so will listen to the radio and read a bit.

Here's to another good week ladies, whatever makes it good for you! Let's have fun this week. I'm pledging to be more positive and smile more this week as well as be on plan monday to Friday to get a loss by Friday.

It sounds like you'll be very good at maintaining then when you get there. Good news about mking better choices, the plan is there for you to pick up when you feel like it. Tbh, it's blooming hard to do without getting really motiated and determined, then I think when things get rolling again it becomes a new habit to make these different choices.

Now you've got past the anxiety provoking work and the do why not have a long hard think about why you are wanting to do this. Decide for yourself if you want to make choices that are for your long term benefit or short term enjoyment. The weekend does sound a challenge but I'm sure if you get yourself motivated to get back on the plan for the week you will find a way of coping. Will your family be upset if you turn down food? Or take a glass of bubbly but not drink it all? I know that's not an easy one and the answers are in you.

It sounds like you'll be very good at maintaining then when you get there. Good news about mking better choices, the plan is there for you to pick up when you feel like it. Tbh, it's blooming hard to do without getting really motiated and determined, then I think when things get rolling again it becomes a new habit to make these different choices. Now you've got past the anxiety provoking work and the do why not have a long hard think about why you are wanting to do this. Decide for yourself if you want to make choices that are for your long term benefit or short term enjoyment. The weekend does sound a challenge but I'm sure if you get yourself motivated to get back on the plan for the week you will find a way of coping. Will your family be upset if you turn down food? Or take a glass of bubbly but not drink it all? I know that's not an easy one and the answers are in you.

Hi

Yes it's so hard when your head is not in. I think I just wants to be more healthy and at the moment my thoughts are just about getting to, say 13 stone 5 as I am quite comfy there. That's not so far away but seems like it at the moment!!

It's tricky as I go out fairly often to eat (though not as often as I used to) and I have fairly often turned down food (&taken my own food with me) and not had booze when with my family (my sis was anorexic and is teetotal so it's not unusual!) but I probably won't want to. Booze I'm happy to leave but when I pay for food I don't want to have to make sw choices (actually I do when motivated I guess so that's about attitude of mind). Let's see an an sw working week goes. Fingers crossed for a loss on Friday. I'm aiming for 2...

You've been a bit quiet, how are you?

You've been a bit quiet, how are you?

Ok ta just very busy and struggling to even think about sw let alone do it. Weight is holding steady but that's not a good thing. Hoping hols in October will focus my mind a bit. Work is really busy and we have an away day Thursday and I really don't want to go. I've been asked to run a relaxation session and I said yes but have no idea yet what I'm going to do - all getting a bit fraught, not to mention friend and kids coming at weekend so major house tidy up required ugh! Once the away day is over I'm sure I will be a lot happier. Staying out overnight for work is never my idea of fun

Right. Excited sat am when saw I had lost 2 lbs but by monday am had gained four?!!! I wasn't that naughty, so, since yesterday I'm just cutting back and trying to eat mostly fruit and veg. We shall see but fed up being hot and sweaty and achey and self conscious...

That's crazy. It's so disheartening when you see a gain for no justifiable reason. Still, WI is Friday now isn't it. Fingers crossed your scales see sense by then.

That's crazy. It's so disheartening when you see a gain for no justifiable reason. Still, WI is Friday now isn't it. Fingers crossed your scales see sense by then.

In total I lost 2 so a good result. Sts since then. Really want to get below 14-7 and only 4 to get there- seems like a big way away at the moment!! I will do it though

In total I lost 2 so a good result. Sts since then. Really want to get below 14-7 and only 4 to get there- seems like a big way away at the moment!! I will do it though

You'll get there, you know you can.

Back