Hips of doom have got to go!

Right a new effort. My holiday is booked and is in 7 weeks and 5 days. I want to wear a bikini and is although I can right now, to feel comfy and ensure I'm not harpooned I need to lose a bit of weight and I am going to set my goal quite high. Recently I've been keeping goals sensible but need to push it so am aiming for 1.5 stone - that's a 3lb pw average which is way above what I usually manage but I'm doing sw but mostly fruit and veg with some protein thrown in. Small portions too.

Next sat may be tricky as going on a disco boat with buffet thrown in and staying over but am going for it and that one day will. It make a difference and I'm going to burn it off with BOOGIE!

Exercise starts tomorrow. Still to decode what but I'm thinking treadmill and maybe a short sharp burst thing with c25k. Mmmm that may be too much but I can but try.

So join me if you fancy a seven week challenge. lend me some support. Send me some slimming goodwill. Let's get for for spain...

Start weight 14-12

Today's food:

Fresh fruit salad and ff natural yog
Tom and herb mugshot
Slight bites chilli 4.5
Vimto zero
Yog Fruit flakes 5.5
Cereal bar x 2 - 2 bs
Milk 2as
Spanish Omelette with courgettes, peppers, asparagus, mushrooms
Fresh fruit salad
Peach
Plum

Exercise: 7 minute workout and 2ks fast walking with a few reps on the park gym! Not loads but better than the nothing I've been doing!

Slight change to food: had 2 cauldron sausages with my tortilla and may have baked beans. Aim was to eat at 8 but I didn't put the oven on oops!!

No fruit flakes so may have an options. Will update syns later

7 weeks? I think my holiday is around that time too, 'spose I should check up on this minor detail. Your new found enthusiasm is inspiring. Have you tried success express, sorry, if you have, I just can't remember. I am positive you will look good in a bikini and even if you've not lost all the weight you had planned to, so what, you get out there and enjoy yourself!

My big holiday is 7 weeks too eeek!

Have a Portugal holiday this week but that's with family so not counting it!!

I'm not going to be able to lose as much as 1.5stone (and hopefully don't have that much left to lose) but would really like to drop a stone. So I'm with you (as also worried about getting harpooned next to my size 6-8 friends) !!

My big holiday is 7 weeks too eeek! Have a Portugal holiday this week but that's with family so not counting it!! I'm not going to be able to lose as much as 1.5stone (and hopefully don't have that much left to lose) but would really like to drop a stone. So I'm with you (as also worried about getting harpooned next to my size 6-8 friends) !!

Hi blondcat. Size 6/8 wow that's tiny I was bigger than that at age 12! I don't have any friends that tiny I'm glad to say. My hol is just with my hubby and he seems happy whatever I'm like. It'll just be us round a private pool so no one can see anyway (that's the only hol I will go on! I'd never at the moment go to an hotel which I would love) but it's time for me to feel less like a heifer. It's not just the thigh mass but the paleness too so let's hope a bit of Spanish sun turns me a little bit golden! Ok then let's do it. I admit 1.5 stone is a little optimistic but wanted for once to set an unrealistic goal to motivate me to make more effort, if I lost a stone I'd be happy. Been hovering where I am for months now and bones are starting to creak bigtime.

Where are you off to on your big hol? Have fun in Portugal. Love Portugal am jealous!

7 weeks? I think my holiday is around that time too, 'spose I should check up on this minor detail. Your new found enthusiasm is inspiring. Have you tried success express, sorry, if you have, I just can't remember. I am positive you will look good in a bikini and even if you've not lost all the weight you had planned to, so what, you get out there and enjoy yourself!

Only happens now and again! Holiday has focussed my mind as I'm nervous about it and need to make myself feel better. Tried success express ages ago for a week but didn't see anything much happen. You find it good? Is that the 2/3, 1/3 thing?

Yes check your dates. I'm off on 26 sept and home on 12th oct so 7 weeks and3 days now... 21 lbs is a big ask but going to give it a bloody good go

Yes, success express is the 2/3 superfree and when working out the syns of anything you go by the highest value. Ie if it's got more syns on red than green or EE than you go by the red values. There is a bit more to it than that, there is a whole thread devoted to it somewhere.

But if you are upping the fruits and veg you are heading in that direction anyway. But don't starve yourself, make sure you are filling up but with superfree.

I'm off on the 26th too ;) Ideally I'd have liked to have lost about another 4st but talking real life ... 7 weeks is it? I'm going to aim for a stone and would be happier with a bit more. You're on for the challenge.

Hooray - here we go. Great news on your 4 off Micci.

Yesterday syns ended up as crisps 4.5, hot choc 2, cauldron saus x2, 2 total - 8.5

Today's food

Fruit and yog
Cereal bar
Crisps 4.5
Tortilla from last night (2 for cauldron sausages)
Quorn roast fillets
Banana
Cereal bar
Curried veg pieces (asda veggie pieces, onion, apple, grapes, yog, quark. Curry powder)
Quark with lemon curd and fruit (3)

Syn total: 9.5

Feeling fine about it and finding it easy. Went shopping today so got lots of supplies! No exercise yet as legs kill from yesterday but a little workout tomorrow. May do some stairs and step ups later

Hope your day on the toad to bikini lushness was good!

Please never correct that typo - day on the toad is a phrase to treasure :)

It is so good to see you being so positive. As the weight drops off you will get even more positive. And cheering each other on will help too. My holiday is going to be rather more sedately dressed than yours. I plan to be completely and fairly modestly dressed all day long as I'm on a music course and might be a little noticable in a bikini. You never know, after a couple of glasses of wine in the evening I might take my cardi off - I live dangerously on the edge sometimes.

Please never correct that typo - day on the toad is a phrase to treasure :) It is so good to see you being so positive. As the weight drops off you will get even more positive. And cheering each other on will help too. My holiday is going to be rather more sedately dressed than yours. I plan to be completely and fairly modestly dressed all day long as I'm on a music course and might be a little noticable in a bikini. You never know, after a couple of glasses of wine in the evening I might take my cardi off - I live dangerously on the edge sometimes.

Oh yes love that typo. I agree bikini in music course may be a little risqué. Really laughed at the thought of you slipping off a cardi in a saucy manner! Also not sure whether bikini Will happen for me as not sure how hot Andalucia will really be in October. Definitely sitting outside lightly dressed weather but maybe not bikini, still that's my aim anyway and I have a nice cossie. Things going well, surprisingly so. Only fly in the ointment is that I've hurt my foot (someone has said it's Achilles) so difficult re exercise but doing what I can.

Food today will be:

Oats, yog, apple banana, milk, sugar (1)
Crisps - 4.5
Same as dins yesterday - coronation veggie pieces
Fruit

Not sure re dinner but suspect maybe veggie chilli mince mmmmm love that

Happy Wednesday all - and it's rainy hooray

Probably hot enough for us not used to it, but wintery for locals. A half Spanish friend used to visit and in January said she was warm enough to walk around in English summer clothes as the people who lived there all the time shivered. I notice this difference here, as I see people walking around bundled up in jackets and woolies on hot days and assume they are recently arrived from somewhere warmer.

Your poor foot, sending it get well soon wishes X

ps, do you still have the rain? It was very rainy here earlier but now it is hot and muggy.

Probably hot enough for us not used to it, but wintery for locals. A half Spanish friend used to visit and in January said she was warm enough to walk around in English summer clothes as the people who lived there all the time shivered. I notice this difference here, as I see people walking around bundled up in jackets and woolies on hot days and assume they are recently arrived from somewhere warmer. Your poor foot, sending it get well soon wishes X ps, do you still have the rain? It was very rainy here earlier but now it is hot and muggy.

Ooooh I hope it's lovely and warm. 75 would be great. A nice steady tan. It stopped raining at about 3 and suddenly was sunny and really warm. The garden looks miles better, and I didn't have to water it for once.

Ooooh I hope it's lovely and warm. 75 would be great. A nice steady tan. It stopped raining at about 3 and suddenly was sunny and really warm. The garden looks miles better, and I didn't have to water it for once.

Only change to food is that I didn't have sugar in my oats and I had quorn fillets. Total syns so far 4.5.

Will have quark and lemon curd for another 3. It's going fine.

Sneaky wi this am and.... Nada. Booooo. Still will keep on trying.

I've been in an eating mood but haven't had a proper lunch ... and I made sure I had snacks.

So

2 fry light fried eggs with 2 small bits of toast (b) and ketchup (1)

Quorn roast fillets

M and s free yogurt

Cherries

M&s fruit and veggie jelly combo (1)

Banana

When I get home my dins will probably be jacket pot with onions and mushrooms and beans
Quark with something mixed in (3?)

Still going fine. Must drink more water...

A good day today, well done ;) Fingers crossed, it is WI tomorrow isn't it? Whatever the result, you can and will stay focused and on plan for the weekend. Think, lean sunkised limbs bronzing by the sea in 7 weeks time.

A good day today, well done ;) Fingers crossed, it is WI tomorrow isn't it? Whatever the result, you can and will stay focused and on plan for the weekend. Think, lean sunkised limbs bronzing by the sea in 7 weeks time.

Ah yes that thought will keep me going. Weigh in is Monday, that'll be a week since I started. Here's hoping something happens before then. Was hoping it'd come off fast at first as it came off easily when I cut down before and didn't follow Sw. We shall see. Better burn it off with boogie tomorrow. The party cruise is 70s and 80s.

Today:

Egg Sanger (1b and 1 syn)
Uncle bens Mexican rice (4.5) and leftover veg chilli from weds.
Cereal bar (1b)
Coffees (2as)

Not sure about dins yet...

3 days of boogying should do it :) No reason why you should only boogy on designated times and places ... think 'holiday' 'exposed skin in warming sea breezes' 'being cooler and more comfortable than if I was were still overweight'

3 days of boogying should do it :) No reason why you should only boogy on designated times and places ... think 'holiday' 'exposed skin in warming sea breezes' 'being cooler and more comfortable than if I was were still overweight'

You're telling me I'm soooo hot during the day at the mo. I know bring slimmer will help. It'd be great to get a little tan, I'm such a milk pig!

Had big lunch so dinner was this:

image-971191637.jpg

Loads of veg: pepper, courgette, runner beans, pickled chilli onions, gherkins, olives, tomatoes, and asda meat free pieces. Filling but very low cal. Hooray!

Syns today: ketchup 1, rice 4.5, 3 mints (say 6), low fat dressing & olives (say 3.5 -5 near enough).

Went for a walk after work but not that long - about 30 mins

Back