• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Holidays????

Ok so going away soon for a holiday, don't really want to take packs , so if I switch to Atkins introductory for the holiday, will I stay in ketosis and either maintain or loose??? Any ideas you lovely people???? What I don't want to do is come back having gained a load and have to get back in ketosis. Advise required please! :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 19st7lb C: 13st10lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 5st11lb(29.67%)
You'll definitely remain in ketosis and possibly lose too.

Leese

Really???? How can that be so? I have ordered the new Atkins diet book but not arrived yet. Don't want to take packs but if could do introductory Atkins and loose that would be amazing!!!!!

S: 19st7lb C: 13st10lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 5st11lb(29.67%)
People on the atkins diet have similar weight losses to those on meal replacements. It's about being in ketosis and burning fat rather than counting calories.

The only reason I'm doing exante instead atkins is because I need to take food completely out of the equation. If I knew that I could stick with atkins long term without letting carbs creep in then I'd definitely do it that way..although it's a very expensive diet, that's another reason.

Leese

Thank u so much for that advice made me feel alot happier about holiday coz didn't want a huge gain! So will be taking Atkins book with me now. :)

Crims

Silver Member
S: 10st13lb C: 9st12lb G: 8st13lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 1st1lb(9.8%)
I'm on holiday first week of september and I should be at or near goal by then I'm planning to refeed using Atkins. Depending how close I am to goal I might allow some carbs as a treat. Agree with starlight I don't find getting back I to ketosis quite as hard as the first time.