Holidays????

Friend

Ok so going away soon for a holiday, don't really want to take packs , so if I switch to Atkins introductory for the holiday, will I stay in ketosis and either maintain or loose??? Any ideas you lovely people???? What I don't want to do is come back having gained a load and have to get back in ketosis. Advise required please! :)

You'll definitely remain in ketosis and possibly lose too.

Leese

Really???? How can that be so? I have ordered the new Atkins diet book but not arrived yet. Don't want to take packs but if could do introductory Atkins and loose that would be amazing!!!!!

People on the atkins diet have similar weight losses to those on meal replacements. It's about being in ketosis and burning fat rather than counting calories.

The only reason I'm doing exante instead atkins is because I need to take food completely out of the equation. If I knew that I could stick with atkins long term without letting carbs creep in then I'd definitely do it that way..although it's a very expensive diet, that's another reason.

Leese

Thank u so much for that advice made me feel alot happier about holiday coz didn't want a huge gain! So will be taking Atkins book with me now. :)

I must admit Ive found if Ive ended up getting out of ketosis getting back in has never been as hard or taken as long as that first time did

I must admit if Im on holiday I go off plan. Yes you have a slight gain but its mostly water and you lose it all the first week back on plan again

Oh I really hope I can keep in ketosis, I hate the feeling you have getting there. Thank u for the valuable advice! :)

I'm on holiday first week of september and I should be at or near goal by then I'm planning to refeed using Atkins. Depending how close I am to goal I might allow some carbs as a treat. Agree with starlight I don't find getting back I to ketosis quite as hard as the first time.

Thank u also for your thoughts. I think Atkins is what I will do when on holiday and then go back on packs till target :)

Back