Home Gym equipment

Any

Hi everybody,

due to hubby's work commitments (he's a soldier) he isnt always home for me to go to the gym so I thought I could buy some equipment to work out at home.
I already got an exercise bike and some weights (1.5kg and 3kg).

What equipment should I get? x

It depends on your budget. You can get some resistance bands, as well as some adjustable dumbbels and an ab bench. A more expensive option is a home gym machine - this type of equipment is ideal for toning your whole body. TRX is a great alternative to standard gym equipment.

I don't ha be the space for a whole gym machine. I got some resistance bands. We are off to Southampton next week so I hope to get some dumbbells then :) thanks for your answer x

exercise bike and weights are perfect, you actually dont need to buy anything else to be honest. I lost over 5 stone with cal counting and I also did bits on the exercise every night, it really helped, and I loved it, I think 30 mins on the exercise bike is the equivalent of a treadmill, basically bike is better than walking, you can change the settings. If your going only for weight loss, go fast with no resistance, if you want to build muscle put on loads of resistance and not as much speed. I used to do 30 mins on the bike, (with about 3 mins break in the middle) about 15mins with the weights and approx 40 crunches/sit ups. This was a few years ago but now im in kinda the same situation as yourself, I work all day, OH watches kids then when I get home he works & I watch kids, so no time for gym, plus cant afford it anyway! I gave my bike away when i was pregnant but iv been given an uphill treadmill, which I want to start using again. I need exercise in my life and the only way I can do it is at home, by myself, i'll be interested to see the responses on this. I was thinking of doing a bit of googling and coming up with some sort of plan for myself!?! Good luck xxx

Thanks for your response.
I've been doing about an hour on the exercise bike, 30 mins speed and hardly any resistance and then 30 mins on the top resistance and then 15 weights. I sometimes throw the 30 day shred DVD in and the alter my exercise bike time. It seems to work for me so far :)

Good on you!! Keep it up!!

Are you enjoying it or finding it difficult?

I need to get my ass in gear

xxxxxxxxx

Yeah I do...I had a free gym pass last week and went in just to give it a go and I have to say I push myself harder or just as hard at home than in the gym with somebody telling me what to do.
My friend said T25 is amazing. It's from the insanity guy...might have to borrow it of her to give it a go :)

Good on you!!

You'll see the benefits soon!!

I would like to go to the gym just cant justify it money wise just now, I wana try losing the bulk of weight without gym and using that for shifting the last cpl of stone.

Keep up the good work!!

xxxxxx

Back