Home made lemonade?

curvygirlie

I started Dukan drinking cups and cups of hot sugar free vimto, knowing full well it was probably not suitable due to it's fruit content.

So i moved onto pepsi max and regularly drank 1.5 litres daily (think I was using as my sugar fix as dramatically reduced amount of sugar free gum i was consuming at the same time).
I have been advised that I'm drinking too much Pepsi max (advice which I chose to ignore - sorry Maintainer :giveup:) and from today will limit my PM to 1 can.

So i'm racking my already overused brain to find something other than water to drink and thought of homemade lemonade?

• water
  • artificial sweetener
  • lemon juice
but then i had some concerns, is the reason for limiting pepsi max to 1 can a day due to the artificial sweetener it contains? And lemon juice can cause stalling also can't it?

I think i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and drink plain water aren't I?

What are you ladies drinking if not water?

Curvy, I have a similar problem with my sweet tooth so know how difficult it is, I struggle everyday. If it were me I would worry the lemon would stall me.

The one thing that helps me sometimes is green tea with one or two hermestas tablets that aren't aspartame but saccharin and have no carbs. It is quite sweet, I also add a little cayenne pepper that doesn't sound nice but for me just gives it a little kick and it being sweet helps me a lot. I really like to have something sweet to drink while eating chicken so I always have this.

In the beginning of the diet I drank loads of diet coke but now almost the only time I have it is out at a restaurant when everyone else is having wine.:(

i've tried green tea - as much as I wanted to like it, i didn't :(

i love a strong cup of tea with just a drop of milk and a couple of sweeteners - I'm going to try it without the milk and see how that goes?

If you have a Morrisons near you try a bottle of their 19p Value orange squash. It's really really weak and perfect for dukan. I've been drinking this throughout and lost well. HTH x

Don't forget to try fizzy water, feels more like a treat than plain tap water and I have a 2l bottle most days so I know that I am definitely getting enough fluids. Also, some cucumber slices or melon balls or lime slices in a jug of chilled tap water makes a good drink.

Don't forget to try fizzy water, feels more like a treat than plain tap water and I have a 2l bottle most days so I know that I am definitely getting enough fluids. Also, some cucumber slices or melon balls or lime slices in a jug of chilled tap water makes a good drink.

I swear by cold fizzy water. Its just so much nicer than normal water. I used to hate it at first but give it a a go .... x

Back