Home made lemonade?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by curvygirlie, 28 October 2011 Social URL.

1. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I started Dukan drinking cups and cups of hot sugar free vimto, knowing full well it was probably not suitable due to it's fruit content.

So i moved onto pepsi max and regularly drank 1.5 litres daily (think I was using as my sugar fix as dramatically reduced amount of sugar free gum i was consuming at the same time).
    I have been advised that I'm drinking too much Pepsi max (advice which I chose to ignore - sorry Maintainer :giveup:) and from today will limit my PM to 1 can.

So i'm racking my already overused brain to find something other than water to drink and thought of homemade lemonade?

• water
    • artificial sweetener
    • lemon juice
    but then i had some concerns, is the reason for limiting pepsi max to 1 can a day due to the artificial sweetener it contains? And lemon juice can cause stalling also can't it?

I think i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and drink plain water aren't I?

What are you ladies drinking if not water?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slimdreamer

slimdreamer Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    IE
    Curvy, I have a similar problem with my sweet tooth so know how difficult it is, I struggle everyday. If it were me I would worry the lemon would stall me.

The one thing that helps me sometimes is green tea with one or two hermestas tablets that aren't aspartame but saccharin and have no carbs. It is quite sweet, I also add a little cayenne pepper that doesn't sound nice but for me just gives it a little kick and it being sweet helps me a lot. I really like to have something sweet to drink while eating chicken so I always have this.

In the beginning of the diet I drank loads of diet coke but now almost the only time I have it is out at a restaurant when everyone else is having wine.:(

4. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    i've tried green tea - as much as I wanted to like it, i didn't :(

i love a strong cup of tea with just a drop of milk and a couple of sweeteners - I'm going to try it without the milk and see how that goes?

5. willbefabulousat26

willbefabulousat26 Likes to Dukan

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    If you have a Morrisons near you try a bottle of their 19p Value orange squash. It's really really weak and perfect for dukan. I've been drinking this throughout and lost well. HTH x

6. CaledoniaDreaming

CaledoniaDreaming Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Don't forget to try fizzy water, feels more like a treat than plain tap water and I have a 2l bottle most days so I know that I am definitely getting enough fluids. Also, some cucumber slices or melon balls or lime slices in a jug of chilled tap water makes a good drink.

7. skinnyminnycow

skinnyminnycow Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I swear by cold fizzy water. Its just so much nicer than normal water. I used to hate it at first but give it a a go .... x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.