Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Home Made Mince

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by KittenKat, 8 August 2011 Social URL.

1. KittenKat

KittenKat Operation Hottie Kidnap

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have been thinking for a while about starting to make my own mince at home. I never have a problem buying extra lean minced beef and pork as Tesco sell them, but extra lean lamb, turkey and chicken mince seem non-existent.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a meat grinder for the last few weeks but haven't found one yet that has a decent review that I can afford. I do have a relatively good food processor at home though so was wondering whether I could make mince using the normal blades in that?

Does anyone here make their own mince at home who could give me a few points - i.e would the food processer make ok-ish mince or should I really buy a grinder, which cuts of meat work best, etc. :confused:

Thanks in advance
    KK

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tracy831

Tracy831 HERE I GO AGAIN !!!!!!!

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Sw ee
    In the processor I find it goes too mushy, more like a burger mix.
    I do have the Anthony worrel-Thompson meat grinder and sausage maker,and it does come out better in that. And I would buy the leanest meat possible as the fatty stringy bits get caught in the mincer.
    I have brought some sausage skins off eBay to have a go at making syn free sausages at home,now that could be interesting !!!! Lol

4. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    John Lewis do a mincer for £28, my friends husband has no complaints over it!

You can also go to a butcher, choose the cut of meat you want and ask him to mince it!

5. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8.5lb(29.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have been thinking about doing the same! There are lots on ebay and amazon x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.