Home Made Mince

KittenKat

Operation Hottie Kidnap
I have been thinking for a while about starting to make my own mince at home. I never have a problem buying extra lean minced beef and pork as Tesco sell them, but extra lean lamb, turkey and chicken mince seem non-existent.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a meat grinder for the last few weeks but haven't found one yet that has a decent review that I can afford. I do have a relatively good food processor at home though so was wondering whether I could make mince using the normal blades in that?

Does anyone here make their own mince at home who could give me a few points - i.e would the food processer make ok-ish mince or should I really buy a grinder, which cuts of meat work best, etc. :confused:

Thanks in advance
KK

In the processor I find it goes too mushy, more like a burger mix.
I do have the Anthony worrel-Thompson meat grinder and sausage maker,and it does come out better in that. And I would buy the leanest meat possible as the fatty stringy bits get caught in the mincer.
I have brought some sausage skins off eBay to have a go at making syn free sausages at home,now that could be interesting !!!! Lol

John Lewis do a mincer for £28, my friends husband has no complaints over it!

You can also go to a butcher, choose the cut of meat you want and ask him to mince it!

I have been thinking about doing the same! There are lots on ebay and amazon x

Back