Honey Monster "Stix" Honeycomb and Milk Chocolate - ONCE AGAIN A HEALTHY EXTRA

They're stripping us of our chocolatey snacks :(

Have to admit, I'm not really bothered. Not bothered about the Alpen Lights either. But then I prefer HiFi's anyway. I do feel for those who use them regularly though, it will make a big difference to them x

The thing is, they have NEVER been listed on the SW website as a Healthy Extra. However, they are listed in the "Free Branded" book as being 2 for a HExB.

A while ago, just before I made this thread, my consultant called head office and they confirmed that they were in fact a Healthy Extra. And now they are saying they are not.

What I am trying to say is that there may not be anything "official" on the SW website, as they have never been mentioned on there before. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

As I said, it all depends on the individual and what advice / information they chose to follow. We are all on our own journey and we are all adult enough to make our own decisions :)

I'm aware they have never been on the website list but thats not an all inclusive list and never has been. Going by the nutritional information on the packaging they meet the criteria to be a healthy extra. II have also called and been told they are a Healthy Extra. To be honest I would likely syn them anyway as I usually have cheese as a HEB :)

I will use up the remaining ones that I have as my HExB. Very short turnaround for them to be HE then not. Surely they have not changed the ingredients in a space of 2months!! OR someone has screwed up sonewhere inputting the wrong info!!!

I like things that I don't have to weigh or measure and that I can snack on easily so I must admit these are a godsend. Oh well! Are there any other cereal bars we can have, other than hifi bars?

Aldis own benefit bars that are 70cal are 2 for a hex b but then god knows if they'll still be allowed after gettin rid of alpen lights as im sure they were similar in fibre.

does anyone know if theyre providing an alternative for alpen light bars? Or are they changin it so u hav to buy the hifi bars?

Aldis own benefit bars that are 70cal are 2 for a hex b but then god knows if they'll still be allowed after gettin rid of alpen lights as im sure they were similar in fibre.

does anyone know if theyre providing an alternative for alpen light bars? Or are they changin it so u hav to buy the hifi bars?

The benefit light bars by Aldi, which are a HExB, are being discontinued! Sorry to be the bearer of yet more bad news lol. I know a few people on here have mentioned them being out of stock in Aldi for a little while, and a friend of mine at group also has had the same problem. She asked in our Aldi when they would be getting some more stock in and they told her they were being discontinued. So looks like another bummer!! I'm so pleased I stick to HiFi's lol!

The benefit light bars by Aldi, which are a HExB, are being discontinued! Sorry to be the bearer of yet more bad news lol. I know a few people on here have mentioned them being out of stock in Aldi for a little while, and a friend of mine at group also has had the same problem. She asked in our Aldi when they would be getting some more stock in and they told her they were being discontinued. So looks like another bummer!! I'm so pleased I stick to HiFi's lol!

Well they do say things come in 3s lol

Urgh! I hope they come up with an alternative

Does anyone know the amount fibre somethin must hav before it can be classed as a hex b?

Does anyone know the amount fibre somethin must hav before it can be classed as a hex b?

I don't think it's quite as simple as that unfortunately. I don't think foods are awarded a Healthy Extra status on the fibre content alone. Although I could be wrong...

I used to be a SW consultant and I remember asking that question at a train session and being told it's actually quite complex as to how they work it out.
They told me if members ever ask, tell them to ring head office and speak to SW nutritionist , as they would be able to explain it.

And just to point out, it's not SW who have actually decide that things are no longer a healthy extra- it's down to the manufacturer, when they change a recipe and add more calories/less fibre, etc, that's what makes the decision for SW.
So it's not down to SW to come up with an alternative as it's not their fault!!

Well im gonna use up what i have as heathly B's as i brought them ages ago when they were on the list. And if i buy anymore i will syn them! Its always the same, like chocolate wheatabix on then off then on ......

Whaaaat? Alpen lights aren't a Hex any more?! :cry: How come? Xx

The ones that are currently a Healthy B, i.e. the 70 cals bars, still can be used! But you might wish to stock pile them lol, they will soon be disappearing off the shelves. Alpen have changed the recipes on the bars and the new ones are 89 cals - also not sure if they have less fibre in them or whatever, but they won't be a Healthy Extra. There's more info on the thread below hun, and also an official update on the SW website xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-healthy-extras/339484-alpen-light-alert-3.html

The ones that are currently a Healthy B, i.e. the 70 cals bars, still can be used! But you might wish to stock pile them lol, they will soon be disappearing off the shelves. Alpen have changed the recipes on the bars and the new ones are 89 cals - also not sure if they have less fibre in them or whatever, but they won't be a Healthy Extra. There's more info on the thread below hun, and also an official update on the SW website xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-healthy-extras/339484-alpen-light-alert-3.html

Thanks hun. I guess I'm just going to have to find a new HexB :( xx

Ok, so this might excite some of you. But the Honey Monster Stix Honeycomb and Milk Chocolate flavour (only) are now once again a HExB!! The list of Healthy Extras on the SW website has recently been updated and it now states that 2 of these can be used as a B choice.

No mention of the Vanilla and Marshmallow flavour, unfortunately. But still, I don't mind using 3 Syns on those!

Back