*honey's Recipes

Bombay potatoes

IMGA0459.jpg

serves 4-6
450g new potatoes, cut in to picece
1tsp turmeric
6-8 curry leaves
2 onions, finely chopped
2 fresh green chillis, finely chopped( i used less as dont like it so hot)
50g corrinader, chopped
1/4tsp asafoetida ( schwartz to this)
1/2 tsp of each of the following cumin seeds, mustard seeds, black onion seeds and fennel seeds

boil the potatoes in water with 1/2tsp of the tumeric, until cooked.
gently soften in fryligt the onion, green chillies and curry leaves. increase heat and cook til the onions start to caramelise.
add the other spices and seeds and cook till mustard seeds pop.
mix into the drained ( reserve some of the cooking liquid) and add some of the cooking liquid. gently warm through and serve.

Last edited:
Lentil Dhal with roasted garlic and whole spices

IMGA0458.jpg

serves 4-6
Dhal
1 onion, chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped ginger
225g red or yellow lentils
900ml water
roasted garlic puree ( i roasted a whole bulb of garlic in oven for 30mins and squeezed out the puree)
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground corriander
200g tomatoes, peeled and chopped ( i used a tin of tomatoes)
little lemon juice
salt and pepper
chopped corriander to garnish

spicy garnish
4-5 shallots, SLICED ( i just used a onion)
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp mustard seeds
dried chilli flakes - to your taste!
8-10 curry leaves

for the dhal
gently soften the onion, chillies and ginger in frylight.
stir in the lentils and water and bring to boil and simmer, stirring occasionally until cooked and like a thick soup. ( book says 50-60 mins, but mine took 30 mins)
stir in the tomatoes, roasted garlic puree, cumin and corriander and season with salt and pepper.
cook for a further 10mins. stirring frequentley.
meanwhile make the topping,
soften the onion and garlic in frylight, when soft increase heat and carameised and crispy. add the cumin and mustard seeds, curry leaves and chillies and cook until the seeds pop.

serve the dhal and top with the onion mix and chopped corrinader

Last edited:
Wow, I'm a restarter, and was looking for inspiration, I certainly found it, looks amazing! Thanks keep them coming please

Chinese 5 spice Fish

IMGA0465.jpg

IMGA0466.jpg

Portions of Fish of your choice - weighed for Green day HEB of any size if red. ( the actual recipe is for Salmon - bur hubby only likes haddock and friend only likes cod! - I have the salmon)

Marinade
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
1 tbsp sweetner
1 tsp chinese 5 spice

mix all ingredients and pour over fish and marinade for min of 30mins. i lelft mine for a couple of hours.

gently fry in frylight until almost cooked through, then pour in the marinade juice and let reduce in the pan.

Serve with stir fry of your choice :)

Sausage, mash and onion gravy

IMGA0450.jpg

Syns
GREEN FREE
EE free but would need to add some more super free
FREE and 1 HEB for potaot

Quorn sausages ( or meat ones if EE or red and appropriate syns)
Potatoes
onion
1 egg
1 veg stock cube

slice and soften onions in fry light then allow to carmalise, add stock cube and some boiling water and reduce until thicker.
grill quorn sausages
boil and mash potatoes, i use a potato ricer for really smooth mash and beat in 1 egg for really creamy texture

YUMMY

Leek, potato and pea fritata

IMGA0473.jpg

IMGA0474.jpg

2 eggs, beaten
1 small leek, chopped
handful of pea
1 potato, peeled and cubed
herbs of your choice
HEA cheese
I also added some Quorn ham and 1 laughing cow triangel

peel and cube the potato and boil until soft. Just at the end throw the peas in with the potatoes to warm through, drain and set aside. Soften the leek in a pan with fry light. add quorn bacon and warm through, add potato and allow to crisp up a little, then add the 2 eggs and keep moving until starts to set, i then added chopped up LC triangle and topped with grated cheese and place under the grill to melt cheese and brown up

Last edited:
Sweet potato and BNS Mash and Potato bake

IMGA0472.jpg

Sweet potato and BNS mash

BNS
sweet potato
Low fat yogurt

peel and cube the BNS and sweet potato and boil until soft. mash them ( i put mine through the potato ricer for really smooth texture. add couple Tbsp of low fat yogurt and season.

Potato, bacon and onion bake
Potatos
bacon or Quorn bacon
onion, sliced
HEA of cheese

Cube the potato enough for however many portions you are doing and spray with fry light and cook in oven 200c until crispy
mean while cook the bacon/quorn bacon
and soften the onion.
when all componants are cooked put into a baking dish and top with the cheese and bake in oven till cheese melted

Last edited:
Layered Jelly glass

IMGA0479.jpg

1 sachet of sugar free jelly of your choice
1 mullerlight yogurt in a similar flavour to the jelly
Fruit ( frozen or fresh) to match the jelly/yogurt
squirty cream

I used strawberry Jelly, Cherry yogurt and frozen cherries

Place the cherries in the glass. divide the sachet of jelly in half and make up with half the water. pour into the glasses up to half. put in fridge and leave to start to set ( at least firm enough to take another layer)
Make up the other half with just the boiling water and then when disolved mix in the yogurt and then pour on the second layer and chill till set. serve with a squirt of cream

Quorn Burger - Homemade

IMGA0480.jpg

To make 4 Burgers

1 can Red kidney beans ( or any bean of your choice)
approx 1/2 pack quorn mince - defrosted
1 egg
chilli powder - to your taste

Blitz in a food processor the beans and add the quorn and egg and chilli powder and blitz again. mix well and shape into 4 burgers and place on a baking tray ( they are quite wet at this stage so its more a case of 4 dollops on a tray and patted into rounds) then put in fridge for 1 hour to firm up a bit. spray with fry light and bake in oven at 200c for 15 or so mins until browned.
I added my HEA of cheese over 2 burgers and allowed to melt for the last min of cooking.

I then made a mayo and mustard sauce and added iceburg and tomato and gherkin to mine ( MaccyDs Big Mac style)

Vanilla and lemon sponge

IMGA0484.jpg

I adapted the chocolate log recipe from the Xmas SW book.
to serve 4 at 3 syns each i used

2 eggs
28g SR flour
28g sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence or extract

1 recipe of Syn free lemon curd

beat the eggs with the sugar until doubled in volume.
fold in the flour and vanilla
on a lined baking tray pour the mixture on and bake for 10 mins at 200c

remove and cool on wire rack
when cool spread with the lemon curd and roll up.

next time i would mix my lemon curd with Quark and LF fromage frais and add some fruit into it, blueberries maybe.

but as an experiment it was good.

It all looks so good!!!:)

Sweet potato melt

IMGA0492.jpg

1 sweet potato per person
2 dsp syn free onion chutney
HEA cheese of your choice

Prick and bake the sweet potato for about 50 mins at 180c ( maybe longer if a larger potato)
cut in half and spoon 1 dsp of onion chutney on each half and split the cheese over both halves and pop back in oven or under the grill till cheese melt and browns up

yum :)

Chicken or Quorn Tikka

IMGA0496.jpg

IMGA0495.jpg

4tbsp low fat natural yogurt
3 tbsp of tikka paste (see next post)
chicken breast cut in to cubes or quorn pieces ( as much as you want per person!)

Mix yogurt and tikka paste in a bowl and marinate chicken for 20 mins.
place in a oven proof dish and grill until chicken is cooked turning halfway.

Last edited:
Tikka Paste

A syn free Tikka paste to use in place of shop bought ones. Recipe from my indian cookbook and i omitted the oil and it worked fine
I used half of this recipe to make the above Chicken Tikka ( with some spare)

2 tbsp ground corriander
2 tbsp ground cumin
1.5 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp Garam masala
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp chilli powder
0.5 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp dried mint
0.25tsp salt
1tsp lemon juice
few drops red and yellow food colouring
150ml wine vinegar ( i only had cider vinegar so used that)

mix all ingredients together and in a pan with fry light gently 'fry' until it becomes a drier paste.

Last edited:
Potato in yogurt sauce

IMGA0497.jpg

serves 4

12 new potatoes, halved
275g low fat yogurt
300ml water
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground corriander
1 tsp sweetner
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chilli
small bunch corinader

Finely chop corriander and set aside.
boil the potatoes, drain and set aside.
Mix together the yogurt, water, turmeric, chilli powder, ground corriander, ground cumin, sweetner in a bowl.
gently fry the cumin seeds in fry light, add the potatoes and the yogurt mix and VERY gently warm though. DO NOT let it boil as the yogurt will split ( as mine did!!)
add chopped corriander and serve

Last edited:
Masala Chana

IMGA0498.jpg

Serves 4
1 x tin of chickpeas
1/2tsp cumin seeds
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1" piece ginger, grated
1 green chilli, chopped
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground corriander
1/4tsp turmeric
1/2tsp salt
1/2tsp garam masala
225g chopped tomatoes ( fresh not tinned)

soften onion, garlic, chilli and ginger in frylight until soft, add cumin seeds and gently fry until they splutter.
stir in ground cumin, corriander, turmeric and salt and tomatoes and gently simmer for 5 mins ( lid on)
drain chickpeas and add with garma masala and continue to simmer for 10mins

Last edited:
amazing post *honey. thank you for taking the time to post all these tasty recipes. I am trying to decide which ones I am going to add to my plan for next week. Will come back and tell you
kat
x

Back