Hoping weight loss finds me a husband diary!!

MinnieMel said:
Hi Kimmi --

I always volunteer to drive so no one expects me to drink. In the US a lot bars (pubs) give free soft drinks to designated drivers. I think some do here, too. (So,being the DD makes for a healthy, low cal, sometimes low cost, and better morning after.)

@Lisa -- What an inspirational story. Congrats on the family and getting back to being fit.

MM

Pubs here should do that more, I'm actually not a big drinker so not too bothered. I like wine with food!!! Xx

eekthehippo said:
Oh hun, there's no need to beat yourself up for the extra bar - I actually think you did really well. Thin people get hungry and eat something, but they just eat something sensible and small until they are satisfied which is just what you did. Well, I imagine they do - its been so long since I was a thin person myself!!

If you were an un-cured binger you would have been round the shop for a sandwich/pizza/curry and blown it all, so WELL DONE!!

Love your doggy - I spoil mine rotten :)

Thanks eek, I know the extra bar wasn't a huge blow out but I just felt so guilty!! Silly really but I want to lose this weight so badly this time!! Doesn't help that the scales aren't moving this week- feel really disheartened!! I was actually one pound heavier this morning!!! Grrrrr!! X

Another good day- been so busy at work haven't had time to think about food! 3 shakes done, 1.5 litres of water and 4 coffees!! Am off to the cinema tonight to get me out the house so I can't reach for the cereal, bars, or anything else I could possibly eat!!
Have a good Friday evening fellow minimins!! X x

Hi Kimmi --

What did you see? My DH and I wanted to go and see "Convicted" but it is no longer showing locally. Now to wait for the DVD.

I considered "The Black Swan" but then the DS said he might go out -- so, as I was not thrilled with the BS option (not in the mood for it) -- I told him that he was no longer on standby to watch his sister.

So, DH is playing with the Kindle my dad sent my daughter for Christmas (it just arrived -- that is how he is) and trying to put some books she'd like on it. I'm on MM, FB and thinking about taking a long hot bath and reading my book (I need to finish asap).

MM

Last edited:
I went to see the black swan but my ex turned up 15 mins later than arranged and it was full by the time we got to the desk!! One of the reasons our relationship never worked - his punctuality still irritates me!!! We both have unlimited cinema passes so still meet up at least once a week to see a film! Going to see black swan on Monday now!! X

Go with a girlfriend -- from what I've heard you'll have more fun discussing it with the ladies over coffee afterwards.

MM

Would love to but all my friends have small babies and don't like to leave their hubbies!!! I go with the ex or just take
Myself off!!! I so need to start dating again!!! Xx

kimmi1982 said:
Would love to but all my friends have small babies and don't like to leave their hubbies!!! I go with the ex or just take
Myself off!!! I so need to start dating again!!! Xx

God Kim that sounds exactly like me!!! I'm just trying to pluck up the courage to start dating again, I've been single for 13 looooong months now. Unfortunately there is a serious lack of halfway decent men in my area. All the great ones I meet are married :( And the ones on match, dating direct etc are the same ones that were on before I met my ex.... Maybe some day my prince will come :D

Hi Kimmie and Sal --

I wish I could offer some advice on the matter, but I have been married for so long (24 years and we've been a couple for over 26), that I have no idea how people go about meeting each other these days. I guess it would be nice if someone "fixed you up" -- then the person has been kind of "vetted" for you.

I met my DH at work. I fixed him up with the younger sister (at his request: he'd bumped into us out together and I introduced them). Note: at the time I was "taken". It was the worse date of either one of them's lives. LOL

He and I were co-workers who became friends, and after several "friendly" outings (usually with other co-workers) -- as I was recently single -- it dawned on us that maybe we could be more than friends. He is still my best friend, but the "more than" has worked for the last 26 years.

MM

Well it's 2am and I'm back after a night out on the town with the girlies!! I picked a leopardskin dress and felt pretty good in it-got a few compliments so was pretty happy! I've got a way to go to be the weight I need to be but am starting to feel a little more confident!

Really surprised I didn't cheat today- losing weight is far more important than a booZy night out! X

go kimmi! :D bet you looked 'awesome'!

meeting hubby's..... i met paul online. dating direct surf.... you usually meet people through work though. my line of work primary school teaching there's loads of female staff and very little male totty! lol

there's loads of docs at JC surf surely they'll be ok. mind the hours they work are ridiculous. i wouldn't like to be mr P's wife. he practically lives at the hospital. 24/7!

if you go out clubbing you only meet, on most occasions, right drop outs in teesside i might add.

I'm a Physio and all of my team are female also, we work in the community so often work alone so definetly no male totty there!!

I'm really not into clubbing, only went last night to celebrate a friends birthday and I had a Uni friend staying. Was nice to be the sobar one and noticed most of them men were divorced 50 year olds or young uns!! At that point I realised I am utterly boring and would rather be at the cinema or out for a meal or on the sofa!! My clubbing days are over!!!

Weighed in this morning and only 2 pounds lost this week- weigh in tomorrow morning! 2 pounds means I'll be out of the 200lbs bracket but another 2 needed to get into the 13s!

4 weeks to Florida!! Xx

Hi, Im new to the forum, hope you dont mind me posting. Sounds like you are doing a great job. I was single for a long time and like yourself found it hard to meet new/decent men in my area (all my friends are married & have children) & i eventually plucked up the courage and went on a website called "Plenty of Fish" , its completely free so i thought i have nothing to lose.

11 months on i am now engaged and living with a guy i met on there...i now its not for everyone but maybe worth a try?

Hi Sal --

That leopard stuff is very hot right now -- and I am sure you looked hot in it! I am glad you fun... even if you were the DD. I used to find it hard being the DD because I did not like being the only sober one in a group. And, it is almost as if it is a extension of my "mom persona". I make sure no one makes too big an A%$ out of themselves, gets sick, and I get them home safely. So, it is not something I volunteer to do often -- I am cinema, (used to be) meal out, theatre trip, etc. kind of woman these days, too.

MM

Hey girls, thanks for the information!! I have tried plenty of fish and had a few dates from there but fond because it's free there's many men who aren't that serious and just playing about!! Also got some proper wierdos!!

I'm currently on match but have been for some time and have dated a lot of people from the local area! I guess I'm picky or just pick people I don't really fancy because I don't feel confident myself! Just concentrating on me first!

Haven't had the best day today, not hopeful about weigh in tomorrow xx

Good luck for tomorrow!

Well a disapointing weigh in but was to be expected! I lost .8 of a pound so still 14st 4! I'm disapointed but it could have been worse! So back to proper ss today, no bars, no flavourings, no chicken and no splashes of milk! Just water and 3 shakes! Bring on ketosis xx

Well done for being so positive! A small one this week means you could have a huge one next week! :)

cornishkez said:
Well done for being so positive! A small one this week means you could have a huge one next week! :)

I was just going to say exactly the same thing but Kerry beat me to it! Xx

Back